Overall just a very bad appointment - Final Happy Update!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you are sick and that your test results still leave you with questions. The bummer about pregnancy is that 9 months is a long time and even with all our technology and knowledge, we still don't know a lot of things until the baby is in our arms. I hope your second test gives you some relief from your worries.

December 25th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I had to go back in because my chest was hurting me something awful and it hurt to breathe. My medication was not working and my doctor said I was having something akin to a prolonged asthma attack. My lungs were apparently not inflating as much as they should.

My doctor called my midwife to double check his treatment with her (something I have *never* seen another doctor do until I started at this practice!). My midwife approved the new medication and a breathing treatment but also wanted him to check the baby's HB.

The nurse and doctor came in and checked. The baby's heartbeat was sitting at 100. I could tell instantly by sound that it was much slower than it should be. The doctor and nurse exchanged glances and the doctor told her to get a different machine and to monitor the baby for 20 minutes. They scurry out and I burst into tears. I was still crying when the nurse came back in. She held my hand and told me not to worry because it may be nothing. The baby may be sleeping is all. I told her that we have just had a lot of worries about this baby laid on us recently and it turns out that she works closely with my midwife and knew all about it. She continued to hold my hand and tell me that she had a false positive on her last baby and everything was alright and that she felt that I would get a false positive, too.

She continued to monitor the baby and to chat with me for the next 20 minutes. At one point she left to get me a banana and some water because she thought that the baby may be sluggish because I was hungry. When she came back in she gave the monitoring equipment a good adjustment, which mean pushing down a bit. Turns out the baby was RIGHT underneath the paddle and must have woken up angry because s/he flipped around and kicked the paddle so hard you could see it lift!

At 17 weeks!

The heartbeat instantly picked up and stayed strong for the rest of the monitoring, averaging 150. The nurse was very pleased and said that everything was alright, the baby was just tired and hungry. They even did the simple heartbeat check about a half an hour later to make sure and everything was fine.

Oh man, when I have this baby i'm going to hug the stuffing out of it!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 25th, 2012, 07:59 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness. I would have been falling apart, too. So glad it turned out ok.
December 25th, 2012, 01:03 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad things went well! What a stressful day! With that kind of kick this early, you'd better brace yourself for the kicks to come!
December 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank goodness it all worked out!! Sounds like you've a fighter in there!

December 25th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My goodness! What a scare! So glad everything turned out ok!

December 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today I went in for my Matrni21 blood test. But i went on the wrong day. D'OH! They were kind enough to squeeze me in before lunch

They did the level 1 ultrasound and the baby was being VERY uncooperative. The doctor said that there were a few markers they usually look for that they couldn't see because the baby kept turning away. One of these being the nose. However, the rest of the markers that they normally look at appear to be 100%.

I told the doctor that when the tech first flipped on the ultrasound the baby was in profile. I saw the nose and even said "Aw! What a sweet nose!" because it looked exactly like my son's. But it was gone in a second and too fast for the technician to snap a picture. The doctor said that the nose would be flattened with no ridge or tip. This nose definitely had a ridge and a tip.

Anyway, in about 1-2 weeks we should have the results of the blood test and I am feeling very optimistic

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 27th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Veteran
MerinSun, I just wanted to say what a wonderful practitioner you have with very caring staff! It's hard with all the technology and could be's and what it's. but I believ you handle any curveball thrown at you! Love the hug the stuffing out of them comment!! We have cattle and my husband always uses calving terminology , my son had a small kidney on all our scans and doctors had us worried and my hubby kept saying when we get him on the ground it won't matter we will deal with what's next! The cattle thing used to drive me bonkers but kind of endearing now! Lol
December 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad that things seem to be pointing in the right direction for you!

December 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
It sounds promising! Hope the next week and a half go quick
December 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
MerinSun, I just wanted to say what a wonderful practitioner you have with very caring staff! It's hard with all the technology and could be's and what it's. but I believ you handle any curveball thrown at you! Love the hug the stuffing out of them comment!! We have cattle and my husband always uses calving terminology , my son had a small kidney on all our scans and doctors had us worried and my hubby kept saying when we get him on the ground it won't matter we will deal with what's next! The cattle thing used to drive me bonkers but kind of endearing now! Lol
I am truly amazed and profoundly grateful for the people who have been taking care of me. I have no idea how I could ever express what I feel towards them without going completely bonkers and losing it. Your husband sounds like somebody you could enjoy to kick a few old fashioned idioms and sayings around with. I love unique turning of phrases and odd things like that.

December 29th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Veteran
Oh yes, he is a one of a kind!! For sure!! Haha I stress out a lot and he keeps me grounded.

Oh and I completely get what you mean... Thanking those you are so grateful towards is like getting a hug when you think you might cry... Just brings on the tears even more!!
Those **** emotions!! Ready to knock us off balance at any given moment!

Last edited by farmfourmama; December 29th, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
January 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! We got the results back today and it is all NEGATIVE! *huge sigh of relief* The doctor was also all excited about telling me the gender and I must have deafened her in the one ear by my loud "NOOOOO!" She said that there are more parents not wanting to know nowadays than there have been in recent years.

I feel much better Now to go back to normal every day concerns and worries, lol.

January 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is FANTASTIC news I am so very happy for you

January 3rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Regular
That's fantastic news!!!

January 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
I had to unlike, just so I could LIKE it 2x! Great update and fantastic news.

Kat.
January 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Yay! We got the results back today and it is all NEGATIVE! *huge sigh of relief* The doctor was also all excited about telling me the gender and I must have deafened her in the one ear by my loud "NOOOOO!" She said that there are more parents not wanting to know nowadays than there have been in recent years.

I feel much better Now to go back to normal every day concerns and worries, lol.
I am so happy to hear this wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! And also that my husband and I don't want to know the gender either. Well I really want to know but he doesn't and since it is his 1st child biologically (he is such a wonderful dad to my two daughters from a previous marriage that I never like to use the word step because I feel he is truly their father, okay enough of that, lol). So happy to read your posting, woohoo for healthy baby and woohoo for a fellow Team Green buddy!
MerinSun likes this.

~Kristin~
January 3rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is fantastic!! Ah, what a relief! So very happy for you and sweet little baby

January 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yay that is fantastic news!

January 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
Veteran
****CHEERS**** I am SO over the moon for you!!!!! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search