We have a name! Yay!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 07:29 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bodhi Lander. It is pronounced BoDEE. Dh came up with it and it feels right . Big relief
bribugg13 likes this.
December 20th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yay!! Cute!! Do you have the "DEE" in caps to clarify the pronounciation or because the emphasis is on that syllable?

December 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM
The pronunciation. We live in TX and I am going to spend some time explaining the pronunciation. I have already had one peron say Bode-hi?
December 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute I really like it!

December 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Very unique and cute!! I like the pronunciation! How did your hubs come up with it?
December 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool name! In a more hippie area, no one would have any trouble with it. Like the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha became enlightened... of course I have known a Bodhi or two in passing. Bodhi is the accepted spelling but maybe Texans would have an easier time with Bodee??

December 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i love it!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 20th, 2012, 10:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It fits in perfectly!

December 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love it! I think it's super cute and unique! I'm jealous... We are never going to decide on names!
December 21st, 2012, 12:42 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
It is great!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

December 21st, 2012, 04:41 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I like it!
December 21st, 2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
Cool name! In a more hippie area, no one would have any trouble with it. Like the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha became enlightened... of course I have known a Bodhi or two in passing. Bodhi is the accepted spelling but maybe Texans would have an easier time with Bodee??
We are def. not the TX norm. I am not entirely sure how he came up with it, probably a cross between watching the movie Pointe Break and search obscure B name boards.

To give you an idea of what we are dealing with. When we announced Bourne's name, my FIL decided we could call him Bo.
Mandamail88 likes this.
December 21st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Funny...my brother-in-law and his wife have a knack for taking nice names and then spelling them in ridiculous ways - One of their sons is named Body. Pronounced Bo-dee. Exept of course it's spelled wrong, and so everyone thinks his name is Body, as in body parts. They also have a daughter named Kayeleighe (Kaylee) and another daughter named Rubye (Ruby).

I like the name Bodhi. I dislike it when people make their kid's names necessarily difficult to spell and pronounce. Especially when it's not spelled the way it sounds! I'm sorry, but Rubye isn't pronounced Ruby! It's pronounced Rub-eye! People are silly. But then again I have a daughter named Fiona, and everyone on that side of the family considers that name to be both hoity-toity and artsy-fartsy. Can't win.

December 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I've seen Bodie too. And Brodie. Rhymes with Jodie, most people seem to get that one right as far as pronunciation. It looks more like a nickname though when spelled with the "ie" at the end, to me anyway.

In the end you just have to say, screw you haters, this is ma baby's name lol. Bodhi is awesome, end of story.

December 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
Funny...my brother-in-law and his wife have a knack for taking nice names and then spelling them in ridiculous ways - One of their sons is named Body. Pronounced Bo-dee. Exept of course it's spelled wrong, and so everyone thinks his name is Body, as in body parts. They also have a daughter named Kayeleighe (Kaylee) and another daughter named Rubye (Ruby).

I like the name Bodhi. I dislike it when people make their kid's names necessarily difficult to spell and pronounce. Especially when it's not spelled the way it sounds! I'm sorry, but Rubye isn't pronounced Ruby! It's pronounced Rub-eye! People are silly. But then again I have a daughter named Fiona, and everyone on that side of the family considers that name to be both hoity-toity and artsy-fartsy. Can't win.
I agree with you on crazy spellings. It is why we are going with the Traditional Sanskrit spelling of Bodhi and not modifying it. Kayeleighe - OMG, that is ridiculous! Poor girl will have to deal with that her entire life, or at least until she turns 18 and can legally change it.
December 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I absolutely love that!

December 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cute! I am jealous! I cannot wait to find out the gender of my babe!

December 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Aw how cute!!
December 22nd, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! It will be a long time before we are finished with the name game. With our last child we finally decided the night before he was born and with our second it took forever too. The only reason we had the names picked out early for our first is that dh was leaving for Iraq and we weren't sure if he'd be back before the due date or that we'd even be able to communicate. (He went to Iraq when the war first started and communication was horrible!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search