Stupid, irrational crying jag

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have sort of episodic periods of depression, and I've been doing pretty good for the last couple of weeks, but holy cow it hit me hard tonight. I'm having this stupid uncontrollable crying jag because nothing sounds good to eat (and hasn't for about 2-3 weeks now) and I don't want to cook. And somehow this becomes my husband's fault and I'm irrationally mad at him, even though he hasn't done anything - although I've not told him that I'm irrationally mad at him, I'm just stewing silently and crying into a pillow while my family eats dinner. My dad asked us to join them for dinner tonight, and he made chicken wings, knowing that I haven't eaten chicken since the first week I found out I was pregnant and I have a total aversion to it right now. Then, he gave me some money and asked me to run over to Five Guys to pick up a bunch of french fries for everyone. Except me - because again - nothing sounds good and I don't want to eat french fries. So I'm out driving in the rain/sleet at night and I HATE driving at night to get fries that I don't want to go with chicken that I can't eat and suddenly it's all just too much.

My next psychologist appointment isn't until Jan. 10th, so you guys get to deal with my venting for now. Sorry about that.

December 21st, 2012, 03:41 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry! Vent away. I had irrational crying last night, but it ended up getting me a trip to Target all by myself while my DH fed the kids and put them to bed. Sometimes we just need to cry it out.
December 21st, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Then on top of that I feel pretty crappy that I'm crying like a spoiled brat about french fries and chicken when so many truly terrible things are happening in the world right now. Guilt on top of depression. Yay.

December 21st, 2012, 08:23 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've decided that nothing is too irrational to cry over. I cried over a stupid youtube video this morning. I've also cried over pics of disneyland that baby's dad has sent me since that's where he is with his family right now. Disneyland for heaven's sake! I've been crying every day. I'd probably cry if nothing sounded good and I had to do what you did. Sorry you're feeling so down.

December 22nd, 2012, 02:46 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hormones will kick you in the arse, for sure. Sorry you are having such a rough time.

For me, I have found that telling DH that I am a hormonal hot mess helps. He knows not to push my typically long fuse and will do whatever he can to help me out.

As far as nothing sounds good to eat - I am right there with you. Nothing except Pei Wei's or Asian Mint (Local fusion place that is too die for) I can't eat that every meal, I would weigh 900 lbs at delivery! I have been snacking - usually fruit or nuts and getting by.
December 22nd, 2012, 04:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way about food. Last night I asked dh if we could go out to eat at my favorite restaurant and I ordered food I usually love, but it still didn't taste as good to eat . . .
I've been eating a lot of fruit too and yogurt, snacking when I need to eat and not really eating any big meals.
I say be a baby if you need to because soon you'll be taking care of someone else and all your needs won't matter! But I'm sorry you are feeling this way and feel free to rant away!

December 22nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Pg makes hormones out of wack. My husband has learned at times to stay quiet and just offer a big hug.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search