I want too...(Rant)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Punch my husband in the dang face right now!!! I am soooo darn mad and upset with him i dont know if I want to cry or throw things at him. Im not sure which emotion is stronger right now. He just started this new job on the 5th and its getting time to schedule the big U/S. However dr hours are only when hubby is working. And I asked him what we were gonna do cuz i figured he would wanna be there. He afterall went to every appt of DDs. He was certain she was a girl. This one hes certain its a boy even tho my mom instincts say girl. Well he just told me he didnt want to go to the U/S appt. And i asked him why not since he went to every appt with DD. His $&@#*%*&$ response? "Why bother its a boy anyway" Uhm excuse me??? Say what now? Seriously?!?! I seriously want to punch him in his dang face. Yeah hes already got older sons who are absolute hellions who have given us nothing but trouble thanks to his exwifes lack of parenting skills. But still!!! I am so mad at him right now. Even if it is a boy theres no reason to act like that! Argh!!! I am shaking I am so mad.

December 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Guys can be so dumb and insensitive!! Sorry he's being a jerk. I'd throw things at him!! I hope he comes around though. He'll regret not going to the appointment I'm sure.
briellelynette likes this.

December 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
My Hubby is batting a thousand tonight i tell ya. He let one of my dogs out...our oldest and my fave pup whos a mamas boy. It is 7 degrees and dropping n with wind chill it feels sub zero already. Well while i was taking care of DD...bath..dressed...books and bedtime. He left my dog out for an hour and a half. I seen my dog sittin out licking his feet when i got DD in bed...licking em to keep them warm and he was limping his feet were so cold! Frickin men! I know this aint pregnancy hormones! Its men are idiots day! And mine is being a insensitive idiot jerk!

December 22nd, 2012, 03:54 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks. Do you think he is worried about taking time off where he just started that job?

December 22nd, 2012, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. I don't make my husband come to every appointment because I know that most of the time at the doctor's office is waiting and that drives dh crazy. I usually bring a book when I'm by myself and I actually enjoy the quiet time. I get much more excited then dh. Dh isn't really excited about baby until the baby is born and more excited when baby is older. He's great with our older boys which is fine with me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby stage. I used to get upset with dh for not having the same enthusiasm as me, but now that we've been through this a few times we understand each other. I'll invite him to a few u/s throughout the pregnancy (I get a lot of u/s) and that's all. I like having him around though, because he will ask more questions. He came to my last appt, which was his first time coming, and got the u/s person to show us the sex of the baby. I would have asked, but then been content when she said it was too early. He got her to keep looking. Maybe you should just tell him that he doesn't have to go to all the appts, but that your 20 week appt means a lot to you for him to be there (if at all possible with work).

December 22nd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Perhaps he is stressed with finances. He may not know how to say that work will not give him the time. I know that at times it is hard for me to get away with all my appointments. I wish I could just send DH. I have had 2 us so far (due to my age) and DH attended them. I will have more at 20 and 32 weeks. Then if all is OK, weekly beginning at 36 weeks. I doubt DH will make it to every one. Can a good friend or Mom attend. I think I will ask my Mom to one as she has never seen one and let her connect with her grandchild.

December 22nd, 2012, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't like bringing my husband. He annoys the crap out of me.
ashleykathleen and MamaSkunk like this.

December 22nd, 2012, 07:03 AM
Lol thanks tania. And thanks everyone. I was just so upset at him last night. I know logically it is probably cuz he is afraid to take the time off.

December 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
My husband doesn't get excited for ultrasounds either. He told me "I don't NEED to see any". I just don't understand how they don't get excited to see their babies! He came to my 6 week one pretty much because I made him. I said I didn't want to be alone if something was wrong or if they told us good news like twins or something. He is a teacher and gets 2 personal days a year. So when I mentioned my level II ultrasound coming up next month, he got all awkward cuz he'd had to take ANOTHER day off...heaven forbid. His work is so flexible, but he's the type of person that worked for 10 years before taking his 1st personal day cuz he's feels guilty taking take off. Blah.

So anyways, he's coming to my u/s at 19 weeks but it's only because I'm "making" him. Though once I reminded him it's at the hospital cuz it's a level II and not at the OB office, he lightened up a little. I think he knows I'm kinda nervous. Maybe if you tell your husband it would mean a lot for him to be there to support you he'll change his mind.

Last edited by Karen78; December 22nd, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
December 22nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Im sorry. I think its hard for men at times to relate and feel apart of this since really after the initial contribution they really are left out of the process for nine to ten months. My husband wants to come to the ultrasounds he came to with my son but he didnt go to all of those either and that was our first. I think he is being a little insensitive with his remarks though and Im sorry. My husband is also a teacher like another poster said so its hard for him to take time off sometimes and other times he doesnt want to interrupt his lessons or his students if they are preparing for a test and stuff so I try to understand but ideally Id love him to be there everytime too. Hugs
December 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sorry, that stinks that he responded that way. My DH is excited to come simply to see if he is right. Otherwise my DH would be 100% okay with never getting an ultrasound. It creeps him out and does not make him feel any closer to the baby. I hope it gets better!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 22nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry he's making you mad! I'm in the club of not taking DF also...he went to every appointment with DD and then I started only taking him to the big u/s. Too many appointments where he annoyed the crap out me acting like a little kid: "how much longer?" "Is that all they do?" "What a waste of time" etc... I decided instead of punching him in the face, I would just leave him at home.

December 23rd, 2012, 05:57 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My DH can't come to appointments because he's too busy at work. It's annoying but I'm used to it. However he has come when I had my big bleeding episode and with my level II u/s because I told him how important it was to be there to support me. He'll show up for the anatomy scan but that will be it for the rest of the pregnancy. It's possible your DH doesn't know that his comments were insensitive. Guys are oblivious with stuff like that
December 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry he said that. I'd be pissed too. Also what hours does he work? Our hospital is very accomdating with hours from 6am appointments right up until 6pm most nights with two nights extended hours to try and accomodate varying schedules. Hospital people of ALL should understand crazy hours since most of them are on 12 hour shifts.

I had a crazy day with DH yesterday too - but mine was definitely pregnancy hormones. I actually googled aggression in pregnancy cause of the rage I was feeling so something so small. LOL
MamaSkunk likes this.

December 24th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 View Post
I am so sorry he said that. I'd be pissed too. Also what hours does he work? Our hospital is very accomdating with hours from 6am appointments right up until 6pm most nights with two nights extended hours to try and accomodate varying schedules. Hospital people of ALL should understand crazy hours since most of them are on 12 hour shifts.

I had a crazy day with DH yesterday too - but mine was definitely pregnancy hormones. I actually googled aggression in pregnancy cause of the rage I was feeling so something so small. LOL
The latest appt they give is 4. And its darn near impossible to ever get an appointment after 2:45 most of the time. And DH doesnt get off work til 5. And oh gosh yes I have been getting crazy angry sometimes with him. He is good most of the time. Despite being sometimes a big kid and silly but male insensitive comments. :/

December 25th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
I'm so sorry he's making you mad! I'm in the club of not taking DF also...he went to every appointment with DD and then I started only taking him to the big u/s. Too many appointments where he annoyed the crap out me acting like a little kid: "how much longer?" "Is that all they do?" "What a waste of time" etc... I decided instead of punching him in the face, I would just leave him at home.
Yup. This is the way it is at my house, too, lol. It was worse after my son was born and we were still in the hospital. My husband insisted on sleeping on the hospital couch and never leaving the room. He wanted to leave ASAP and would whine about it all day long. I kept trying to think of ways to get him to GO AWAY.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search