Done or more

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2012, 03:02 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I think we are done. Four children is four more than I ever thought I would have since I never really wanted to have kids until I had the twins and experienced motherhood firsthand. The girls are from my first marriage so I assumed John and I would have a child of our own, and then along came Miles. Then we decided that Miles needed a sibling his own age since there is an 8 year gap between him and the twins. So that is how we ended up pregnant with this baby. It kind of makes me sad to think that this will be the last time I will ever get to experience the baby age, though. But at the same time I look forward to putting the diaper stage of my life behind me and watching my kids grow up into olden children. i will admit i got very spoiled as my twins got older and became increasingly independent so starting over with a newborn was a BIG adjustment! So yeah, I think we are done. But not sure about permanent measures yet. It kinda freaks me out. Plus I honestly feel like it should be John's responsibility since I had to take on birthing all of these kids!
briellelynette and sunnydaze like this.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

December 23rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since this is our first, I would like to think that we'll have more. I want my kid to have a sibling. However, that could change and we could just have this one! I would like at least 2. I don't know for sure about more than that. I have 8 brothers and sisters and while I love my family, I don't want that many! I would say max would be 4 kids. But we may not get that far because I'm 30 and my husband is 38 and I don't want to have kids super close together. So, by the time we try for another in 2-3 years, we may either end up with just this one or that possible 2nd one may be the last!
briellelynette likes this.
December 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always thought 3 was a good #. With us getting #2&#3 at once DH is already taking about maybe trying for another.AHH! I say let's see how we do with DD & the twins first. I would need 3 more years**before I could even think about it and then I will be 34 or 35 when the next baby comes and I wanted to be all done by 30 so it's a dilemma! No permanent measures here if it happens it happens.

December 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
I thought for sure this one was going to be our last, but now I'm just not 100% about it! DH definitely wants to be done, but he always changes his mind. I for sure don't want to take any permanent measures, because a year ago I was definite that we were done, and look where we are, this baby wasn't an accident! We're still very young, DH is going to be 27 in a couple months and I'm only 24. We own our house outright and DH has a pretty good career path, so it's definitely plausible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see in a couple years. I don't want my kids to be too far spaced, so have another would have to happen before my oldest turns 10.
December 23rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
This will be our last bio child for health reasons but we fully plan on adopting.

December 24th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are done after this one!

December 24th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
Done after this for sure!
December 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We're undecided. I would like 3 children, but I'm not set on it. If this one is a girl, we may be done (DH will be more done than me lol) but if it's another boy, that may push us to try for a girl with #3. So we'll see. If we do try for #3, we wouldn't wait as long as we did after Connor, it would be much sooner!

December 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Super Mommy
I really think we will be done after this one. I have always wanted three, but DH would have been totally happy just having one. I think I will have my hands full with two.
December 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
this is #2 for us.. and with such a big age gap.. we might go for 3... i would love to have 3...but if we do decide to have a 3rd.. then we will probably only wait like a year or so before having the next one.. and that is a IF DH agrees on it.. but i do think 3 would be our stopping point..
December 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully not done! Not close Children are such a beautiful blessing and I love being pregnant and being a mom. It is such an awesome life! I have never smiled so much in my life as I do at my son! They just teach you so much and expand your heart! I need to learn to be more selfless and having babies really teaches you that! Now we have a beautiful daughter coming and are thrilled. Hopefully we will have many more...but as God wishes. It is all in His hands I would like 7 or 8 or more..but if we only have these two I will be just as happy. I didntknow if I would ever have a baby because of PCOS and I dont ever plan to take this gift for granted now.
December 26th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We are pretty sure we are done after this one. This one is #3 and we've always said 3 was our limit. I only hope that we finally get a boy so I will be 100% content with our choice to have my tubes tied after my c-section.

December 29th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Done

EDD:02/06/2015

December 30th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Veteran
Mmm 4 in 5 years via casarean!! DONE!! Lol the crazy will be outweighing the desire for more I think!! Tying my tubes while the doc is already in there!! This body has done its duty!!

Although I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to foster children in my future!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search