Anyone else have/had an anterior placenta?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2012, 06:54 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
I found out at my last ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta. I'm sort of bummed, as this means waiting longer to feel little one move. Doc also said the placenta was pretty low, but seemed to stop before my cervix.

If you do have or have had an anterior placenta, how long did you have to wait to feel movement? Was it harder for others to feel movement from the outside as well? Any other concerns I should have? Should I worry about the low placenta at all? Is there a chance it could grow over my cervix?

December 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
i had an anterior placenta with my first and i felt movement around 16/17 weeks. with this one i have a posterior placenta and i felt movement starting around 12, almost 13 weeks. as for others feeling movement, that did take awhile...i think probably beginning in the 3rd trimester. i am also overweight so that didn't help. don't worry though, you will feel those little kicks, punches, and rolls very soon!
December 24th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if that is what they called it(I'm horrible with medical terms but getting better) but with DD the Dr. Said because the placement of things inside I wouldn't feel baby kick until later than normal so not to be alarmed. But boy the first time I felt it the kick was so hard it shook my whole stomach. I think I was around 21-22 weeks.

December 24th, 2012, 09:00 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I had anterior placenta with one of mine, was my 5th and I don't remember exactly when I felt movement but pretty sure it was around or somewhat before 20 weeks.

Your placenta will always tend to grow upward as that's the direction your uterus is heading. A low-lying placenta, even one partially covering the cervix early on will tend to move up and out of the way.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my second, it took a little longer for OTHER people to be able to feel the baby move, but I still got flutters and stuff and knew what was going on. I used to get annoyed that I could feel it but DH couldn't.

December 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, ladies. From what I keep reading, it just seems like I'll have to wait and see. As long as this little one is okay in there, though, I'm good.

December 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Dr said I have an anterior placenta and that was why she couldn't find the heartbeat. Even though I heard it the night before on my doppler & almost every day since then. So, I dunno? I also read it could take longer to feel baby, but I hope not! I also read something that it can move amd not be anterior anymore? But I don't know if that's true. I've been feeling some weird things today and I'm mot sure if it's me or could be baby moving around. It may be too early for me to feel it, but who knows! I hope we both get lucky and feel baby soon!!
December 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have one now and had one with my first. I didn't feel her move until 22wks. This one, I feel move but it's more subtle and lower instead of belly kicks. I'm sure as puppet grows, I'll feel more.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
I have one. This is my fourth, and I'm JUST starting to feel TINY little flutters. So tiny, I'm not completely convinced it's flutters and not gas! lol. I'm just over 15 weeks. I had an appointment today, and was hoping to hear the heartbeat to ease my mind, but dangit if we didn't get a blizzard!!! lol. Friday though...Friday...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search