Anyone else still feeling/getting sick?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2012, 07:34 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we're all in our second trimester, right? I was 14 wks on Friday and am wondering when the morning sickness will go away. It really is mostly in the morning, but I spend every morning gagging like crazy. With DD, I had hyperemesis gravidarum (I was sick ALL the time and had to make 3 trips to the hospital) but it only lasted from week 6 to week 12. This time, I have only actually gotten sick about 6 times, but it just won't go away. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm really grateful not to be as sick as I was last time, but I'm really hoping I'm not one of those people who stays sick for 9 months. At least it's a sign of a healthy baby. Glad for that assurance, too.
December 24th, 2012, 07:55 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still get sick occasionally. But i also know how sick you are has no bearing on the health of the baby. My mom was sick her whole next pregnancy after me and had a sick sick baby. So how much you throw up or dont has nothing to do with it. But they say some women dont get better til 16 weeks. But if your worried and id say ask your doc or midwife after the 16 week mark.

December 24th, 2012, 07:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I still have tons of nausea and I'm 14 weeks today. I feel okay in the morning but then no food sounds good and I feel like death after I eat. I didn't even bother with dinner yesterday because I felt so gross. With my last pregnancy, the nausea lasted until 19 weeks. Seems like I am headed in the same way this time too
December 24th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I still get sick occasionally. But i also know how sick you are has no bearing on the health of the baby. My mom was sick her whole next pregnancy after me and had a sick sick baby. So how much you throw up or dont has nothing to do with it. But they say some women dont get better til 16 weeks. But if your worried and id say ask your doc or midwife after the 16 week mark.
When I was pregnant with DD, all of the doctors told me that being so sick was a good sign, indicating a strong pregnancy. I didn't mean the actual health of the baby, but rather the health of the pregnancy. I had a miscarriage before DD and was constantly assured the next time that the same raging hormones that were making me so sick meant that I was less likely to miscarry a second time. After the loss, the sickness is pretty reassuring. That's what I meant.

Courtney, here's hoping it goes away sooner rather than later for both of us. Just after typing the last post, I got the sickest I have been so far. Guess those are the breaks tho!
December 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just 17 weeks and I still get nauseous and gaggy over certain things. It has definitely improved though and I've gained back 5 of the 10 pounds I lost. I've heard of some women that were never sick during preg and other women that didn't stop being sick until the baby got here. I don't know if anyone else has this reaction, but when I start feeling really gaggy, I find something fruity to smell. I cut an orange the other day to smell while doing the dishes because that's still something that made me sick. It instantly takes the nausea away for me. I've even opened a bottle of juice to smell in a pinch, and nice candles work too. I guess that sounds crazy, but it works for me. Haha. I hope you start feeling better soon!

December 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Super Mommy
i'm 13 weeks/2 days today and still feeling nauseous at times...it was bad between weeks 5-11 then stoped for a week or so but now what's happening is i'll get really hungry so i'll eat something but then i'm stuffed after a few bites. and i feel kind of sick afterwards. a few weeks ago it was the opposite, i'd feel nauseous, eat, then feel better. ahh the joys of pregnancy! lol
December 24th, 2012, 09:44 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i am still sock EVERY day

December 24th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear so many of you are still sick, but a little relieved it's not just me! I hope everyone has a sick-free Christmas!
December 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is not just you. Things are rather miserable here today.

December 25th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my son and with this one, once I hit 16 weeks my morning sickness dropped off and I could stop taking my anti-nausea medicine (medicine with this one, I had nothing for my first). If your nausea is still affecting how you eat and rest I would call your doctor and at least ask about some kind of relief.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM
NoahandLola's Mommy
Still sick here too down ten pounds and still growing up at least twice a day. I almost never am not nauseous. Nothing sounds good and whether I eat or not doesn't matter. It lasted 13 weeks with my first and 22 with my second.

December 25th, 2012, 03:31 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still struggle with it for a while everyday.. and I am over 16 weeks. Boo... I hope it passes because I REALLY don't want to do this for the next 24 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search