Prayers for my cousin.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By j&jmom
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spoke briefly with one of my aunts today. She asked me how I was and then in the same sentence mentioned that my cousin Bre was currently experiencing her 4th miscarriage. Quick back story: My cousin was 17 when she got pregnant the first time, but everyone wanted it including her and her boyfriend. They found out the baby had Potter's syndrome, which is where the kidneys won't function outside the womb or are simply not present at all. They decided not to terminate and she carried the baby to term. Had a normal birth and the baby lived about 18 hours. Well, for a while she became depressed and nearly divorced her now husband, but they made it through. She's around 22 now, I believe and they are apparently trying again and she is on her 4th miscarriage. I couldn't bring myself to sound happy about my pregnancy when as far as I know this is my first pregnancy. I possibly had a chemical years ago, but I'll never know for sure. She's 12 weeks and miscarrying and the doctors don't know why it keeps happening. I just feel heartbroken for her and feel bad about having a healthy pregnancy so far when they've been trying all this time. Just wanted to ask for a few extra prayers for her and her family.

Thanks for listening ladies!

December 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's horrible. I've had a miscarriage & I've had friends who have had multiple miscarriages. Sometimes it takes a long time before they figure out exactly what is wrong. Hopefully they find some answers for your cousin soon so she doesn't have to continue going through this heartbreak!
eshute likes this.

December 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying.
eshute likes this.
December 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am praying for her, how sad!
eshute likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The poor poor girl. That is just so heartbreaking. Successful pregnancy CAN happen after repeated miscarriage, if someone can handle the emotional rollercoaster. I watched my best friend go through it time and time again, and it is just such a sad thing.

December 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She will be in my prayers.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
December 26th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry this is happening to her. I know what infertility feels like and that was hard enough. I feel lucky to have been able to solve our problems quickly without suffering miscarriages. IVF with PGD and ICSI could be her answer. Although I know it's very expensive. We didn't do the PGD but did do ICSI. PGD would have added about $5000 to the cost. We know something was wrong with majority of our embyos as most didn't grow properly. Out of 14 fertlized eggs we only had 3 good ones and that was the 2nd time around. The first time out of 14 eggs total we only had 5 fertilzed eggs and of those 5 only 1 grew properly but it was low quality. It obviously didn't make it. We are so thankful these two seem to be growing the way they should.

Didn't mean to ramble. I hope she finds her answer soon.
eshute likes this.
December 26th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Super Mommy
That is just so sad, I'm so sorry. There's a girl on my born in '09 board whose baby had Potter's, but they lost him at 16 weeks, it's so heartbreaking. I hope she gets her rainbow baby very soon.
eshute likes this.
December 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will definitely be praying for her. I cannot imagine the pain that comes from going through so many miscarriages. I hope they can find an answer for her soon and that she is blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby in the future. Very heartbreaking..

December 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How sad! A mom in one of my other PRs lost a baby to Potters but then went on to have a healthy little girl later
December 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh I hate to hear that, she will def be in my thoughts and prayers!

December 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
praying!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search