who still hasnt told..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By sunnydaze
  • 3 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By ashnicole86
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By cheerfulsunrise
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 07:39 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So any of you still not telling anyone about there pregnancy? We still haven't told anyone yet! Well just my twin sis knows and a close friend... idk why I'm just not ready to tell anyone but its getting so hard to hide now ... my sis kept saying to me yday u better suck it in... I'm very surprised my mom hasn't noticed but shes usually so into my kids when were visiting maybe she just doesn't pay attention.... I guess I don't really have a reason not to tell other than the the remarks im sure will be made with this being # 4. I shouldn't care its our life, my husband and I want a big fam and are happy with the caos that comes with a big family!

December 26th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I told my Mom and sister. Haven't told DH's family. They know people with whom I work, and I don't want work to hear through the grapevine. I was concerned that my Mom would not be happy. She was shocked. She is very supportive though. Just driving me crazy now with her worries. She would have been perfectly happy with DH and I just having our two children. Now though she is all worried that with my age I will miscarry or have some other issue. Funny how she would have rathered we stopped with our current family and now is all worried that I will suffer a loss.

December 26th, 2012, 09:12 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only our families and close friends know. I work with kids with special needs. I started my own company and right now, it's just me. I am nervous to tell the parents I work for since I haven't found someone to hire yet. I don't want them to think they will be out in the cold when I'm on maternity leave. I need to find someone ASAP, but the qualifications for someone insurance covers tightened up big time this fall. This means I can't hire the amazing persons wanted to and people now considered qualified are really hard to come by. I don't want these families to worry, but I don't know how much longer I can hide it...
December 26th, 2012, 10:48 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My sister knows because she's always been very supportive. I told my mom after my dh lost his job, then when we found out something is wrong, she told my brothers. I have not talked to any of them though, and we haven't told dh's family or anyone not on jm.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have just about everybody. Still haven't really announced it on Facebook though, will probably say something when we find out gender.

December 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just be careful keeping your secret for too long!!! I know someone who didn't tell for nearly 6 months and it really hurt her family's feelings that she didn't share with them.
D&K's_mama and Hopeful2BMommy like this.

December 26th, 2012, 12:26 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
Only our families and close friends know. I work with kids with special needs. I started my own company and right now, it's just me. I am nervous to tell the parents I work for since I haven't found someone to hire yet. I don't want them to think they will be out in the cold when I'm on maternity leave. I need to find someone ASAP, but the qualifications for someone insurance covers tightened up big time this fall. This means I can't hire the amazing persons wanted to and people now considered qualified are really hard to come by. I don't want these families to worry, but I don't know how much longer I can hide it...
I understand! I babysit fulltime and Im affraid to let the parents know as well.. but Im affraid once i get to a certain point in this pregnancy Im not goin to be able to keep the kids anymore.. with my last I had such horriable hip pain I couldnt hardly walk and had to go to the chiro often.. I just dont know if i can keep up with all the kids while being in so much pain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
Just be careful keeping your secret for too long!!! I know someone who didn't tell for nearly 6 months and it really hurt her family's feelings that she didn't share with them.
you def have a point!

December 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I haven't told my mom or sisters yet. The family I work for with Job #1 know and those co-workers know, but I haven't told my boss or anybody from Job #2. And, obviously, haven't made the FB announcement yet. I'm already afraid I waited "too long" to tell my family, but if they wanted to know sooner they should have been happier for me the first nine times I've announced a pregnancy.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

December 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Veteran
I've told my family, close friends and only a few select people at work know. Most of them being managers, and one of my best friends. My SO also works where I do, and that place is such a dramatic and gossipy place that we prefer to keep our personal life out of it. I think he told one person there so far, but that guy is a good guy, so I know he isn't out starting some crazy drama about it like some other people...I have pregnant friend there and also a pregnant manager, and you wouldn't believe the gossip going on about them. It's ridiculous.

My SO hasn't told his family yet. There are times where I know he just completely forgets that he hasn't told them (I wouldn't consider them to be the closest family). Then there are other times where he decides to tell them, and it just winds up being not a good time. He needs to get on the ball and tell them soon....I'm plumping up lol. I have no problems telling his mom, it's just I think she'd react worse not hearing it from him.
D&K's_mama likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We just revealed right before thanksgiving. But I completely understand your hesitation.
D&K's_mama likes this.

December 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
We announced it to our families at Thanksgiving, but I haven't told anyone at work. Someone at work approached me out of nowhere about 2 wks ago and basically asked me when I was due! I told that person to please not say anything since I hadn't told my boss yet. I planned to tell her last week, but she was out sick all week. Hopefully I will tell her tomorrow, because I don't think I can hide it much longer.
D&K's_mama likes this.
December 27th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We told close friends & family right away bc once you tell a then 3 year old you kinda have to but just did the facebook reveal Chistmas eve!
D&K's_mama likes this.

December 27th, 2012, 10:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We have finally told everyone. Immediate family found out at Thanksgiving. Extended family and family friends found out with our Christmas cards. And then I did a Facebook reveal on Christmas Eve.
D&K's_mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search