Nurseries?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Has anyone started planning the nursery? So far all I know is that I want a black crib, and I don't want a crib theme set from babies r us.

December 26th, 2012, 12:14 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is almost 8 months and has spent vety little time in his nursery..so we will wait on making another for the next one until she is here and needs her own room.
December 26th, 2012, 04:56 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
now that Christmas is over I am dying to get started on the nursery!!! I have picked out the furniture I want (a beautiful white princess crib with matching dresser and changing table)- I don't know when we will be able to buy it though! as far as the a theme or bedding I have no idea.

December 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We won't have a nursery this time.

December 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Even tho baby will bedshare with us for the first few months I will definately do up a nursery also. I have a few ideas for themes but I wont settle on anything til the big ultrasound.

December 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We won't be co-sleeping so we need to have the nursery finished before baby comes. It's harder because we're not finding out the gender but we found a theme that we really like.
December 26th, 2012, 08:08 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have ideas for a nursery but am waiting for gender first and am working on my sons room more in the meantime
December 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a few ideas, for a girl i want white and mirrored furniture and i think the color theme is gonna be light grey and light pink or lavender... If its a boy i want dark wood and the colors are gonna be light grey with a pretty blue which i dont know the exact name of the color.

December 27th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be using same decor & bedding for DD I believe since it is super gender neutral. However this time I want to add cool wall art. I do have a few projects I want to do as well We shall see...hey I might just dump it all & go with a super cute owl theme who knows.

December 27th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much doing what Gen88 is doing. Seen alot of that on pinterest and i really dig it.

December 27th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
The baby will share a room with our 1 year old so if its a girl nothing will change. I will just rearrange the room to fit the second crib with we were lucky and found a nice used one that was the same color as Hailey's. I will also do her scrapbook letters for her name too.
If its a boy we will repaint half the room and do accents for him.

December 27th, 2012, 07:08 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
We're doing a gender neutral forest theme - owls, foxes, baby deer, squirrels, trees, and lots of primary colors and green! Even when we find out for sure the gender, we want something gender neutral. Neither of us are really into the "pink is for girls, blue is for boys" thing, personally. We thought that a forest theme would be cute with lots of animals and options and would work for either. I'm going to do some paintings for the room, too, and might just sew some crib sets if I have time and really want to nest LOL.

December 27th, 2012, 07:19 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I have found the furniture I want already, a dark espresso color. It is the crib, changing table and two drawer dresser.

I found bedding I love at beyondbedding.com. It is gender neutral and it is grey and white chevron print with yellow in it. I am also doing the You are my sunshine canvas prints for the room and coordinating with lots of splashes of yellow.

Now that Christmas is over we are starting work on it, cleaning out my daughters playroom to make it the nursery. Very excited!!!!

~Kristin~
December 27th, 2012, 07:29 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
At first the baby will have to share a room with us, then later at some point will have to share a room with a sibling, so I haven't thought too much yet about furniture or themes!
December 27th, 2012, 09:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am looking at some ideas, but I won't know for sure until we know what we're having. We will obviously be reusing the dresser and crib we already have. But I'd like to paint the walls a different color
December 27th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our 11 month old is in the nursery now and I'll be sad to move him upstairs in a big boy room so I'm holding out on nursery planning. I need to get ds's room started though so I'm not in a crunch to get both rooms finished before baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search