Is anyone else considered high risk?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 03:58 PM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
I am since DD was born at 34 weeks.. I hope this baby makes it at least to 37+ weeks so we will be able to bring him/her home not have leave them at the hospital.. This one measured 2 weeks behind so I should just be 12 weeks and 1 day.. But I am just keeping the due date since I have a chance of having the baby early.. But not to early
December 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You never know I have 2 36 weekers and Everett was born on his due date!

December 27th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I find out Monday if I'm high risk...I'm in limbo right now .

December 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I am. For a prior preterm birth also, cervical incompetence. Bleh, it isn't fun!

December 27th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my appointment with the high risk doctor on Jan 15th. My reg OB has pretty much told me that I'm high risk just due to infertility and twins. I can't wait for the high risk appointment.
December 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
I am. i had preeclampsia with my first but made it to 35 weeks... i had high blood pressure.. it was in the 200 after 23 weeks... so far i am fighting it pretty well with meds but still considered high risk... from day one...

December 27th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Veteran
High risk b/c of previous surgery. Meet with maternal and fetal doc (high risk) Jan 11th- should know more then. Looking forward to it!
December 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not seeing a high risk doc, but on all of my papers it says "high risk". I think it's just because I'm really overweight because I have no other risk factors. *shrug* no one seems worried.

December 27th, 2012, 10:52 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I'm high risk and my dr is a perinatologist. I have a bunch of other health problems but now, the baby has been diagnosed with an abdominal wall defect so I'm even more high risk.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 28th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Yes, pretty much. Prior surgery, obese and HBP. Just finished up my labs the other day to find out further 411 in about 2 weeks...

Some early on challenges But we're gonna push through them!!!

December 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I had Gestational Diabetes with DD and she was born at 36wks due to complications. I'm not seeing a high risk Dr though, I'm just at high risk for developing GD again. BOOO.
December 28th, 2012, 06:58 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I am high risk too because both my babies came early. My last daugther was born at 33 weeks and spent some time in the NICU. I see the high risk doctor in about two weeks and they are going to start me on Progesterone shots from 16 or 17 weeks until 34 weeks.

But as long as all goes well I should be able to see my regular OB and he said as we get a little later on in the pregnancy we will start discussing options and things to look for about pre-term labor. I just don't want to go on bed rest. Just want to bake this little cookie full term!

~Kristin~
December 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
JadeS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JadeS Send a message via Yahoo to JadeS
Well glad I'm not in this boat alone.. But I hope there might be more babies born closer to term for us
December 28th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I am also. Not seeing a high risk doctor but OB has labeled me high risk due to giving birth at 36 weeks with my first and having Pre-E with both my daughters.
December 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
yep I am, cos this is a clomid baby, they class that the same as an IVF pregnancy in the UK

December 30th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Regular
Yup, I had a 31 weeker due to uterus size, and we're hoping to go further with this one.

December 30th, 2012, 12:27 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am because of clotting disorder and thyroid disease.
January 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Considered high risk - had my first at 32 weeks with 5 weeks in the NICU. This time I'm getting weekly progesterone injections. We'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. I'm convinced it's the shots, so if you're in a similar situation, discuss with your doctor!
January 10th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am due to being old. I am 39 so that sends me automatically to the perinatologist. In addition, I had pre-term labor with my second son at 26 5/7 weeks - although that was 8+ years ago. Although my paperwork says "high risk" due to age, the doc said that since my chromosonal screens came back great, since I am healthy with a good weight and pressures, and since they successfully stopped my labor, I am more sort of regular risk. I think he tells me what I want to hear. I still visit with the perinatologist though. Once at 12 weeks, 20 weeks, 32 weeks, then weekly beginning at 36 weeks so long as everything is great on each of the visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMom View Post
Considered high risk - had my first at 32 weeks with 5 weeks in the NICU. This time I'm getting weekly progesterone injections. We'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. I'm convinced it's the shots, so if you're in a similar situation, discuss with your doctor!
Just wondering - did they check your cervix length? I had unexplained preterm labor at 26 - 27 weeks that they stopped with iv meds and then oral meds. They discussed that they may check my cervix length at 20 weeks and then if any problems shows, I would take progesterone to prevent preterm.

January 12th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Veteran
We had our first level 2 sono- baby is healthy and measuring normal.. Whew! So far so good! Next scan isn't until 32 weeks.

Kim- in the level 2 sono they did check my cervix length

Nikki

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search