Car seat/stroller combo

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Veteran
Any BTDT moms recommend a high quality but light weight car seat and stroller combo? We are suburban parents, but I want to avoid heavy bulky gear.

I read the chicco seat is 9lbs and was rated highly on consumer reports.

Any recommendations?
December 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We had the Chicco travel system with DS and loved it. We will be using it again for this baby.

December 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Veteran
Thanks! Was it difficult to lift in and out of the vehicle?
December 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
The best stroller I have ever owned was the city mini. It's a bit pricey but its very light weight and has a one handed fold while folding very thin. You do need a car seat adaptor bar but that wasnt an issue for us as we always wore Everett in a carrier. Hands down my favorite stroller.
Lady KW likes this.

December 28th, 2012, 11:17 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the Graco one and will be getting a new graco carseat. But for stroller i want a two seater jogging stroller so I found a nice one by schwinn i like. But usually i stick to graco for everything safety wise as theyve been rated the best for years.

December 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady KW View Post
Thanks! Was it difficult to lift in and out of the vehicle?
I didn't think it was difficult at all. I had a Camry at the time and it was pretty easy to get in and out. Very easy to open/close the stroller too.

December 28th, 2012, 02:20 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I want a Chico this time! I had graco before. I may skip the stroller combo. We barely used it and I still have a small lightweight Chico one from my daughter. I will wear baby most of the time.

December 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Veteran
Anyone tried the uppababy vista? Seems wide and kind of bulky.
December 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another vote for the city Mini. Super easy to use and perfect for urban use. One handed steering and fits into tight spaces
December 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran
My best friend used the Chicco keyfit travel system with her last child and loved it a lot more than the Graco ones she had with her first two kids. I personally (from babysitting) love the Chicco carseat, and I really don't like the stroller. I mean it's really nice, it's just too big and bulky for me. I was given a Chicco Keyfit carrier for this baby, and instead of the big bulky stroller I got the carrier frame stroller thing... Chicco KeyFit Caddy Infant Car Seat Carrier Stroller - Chicco - Babies "R" Us I already love how lightweight and compact this stroller is! I do plan to get a lightweight stroller once my baby is old enough...not really an umbrella stroller but one that's smaller than the travel systems

After I purchased the frame I noticed Chicco has this new lightweight stroller and carseat model coming out... Liteway PLUS Stroller

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search