It makes no sense to me

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How I can be bigger in certain place (my stomach & my boobs mainly), but not have gained any weight. I realize that things are being pushed around to make room and that some of it could be bloat... But in order for things to get pushed around, that means something (baby/my uterus/fluid) has to have gotten bigger... My boobs are definitely bigger and even if I'm just bloated, I should weigh a little more. I cannot wrap my head around it. In my mind, being bigger = weight gain. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I have been able to keep it under control (I'm kind of amazed actually) because I'm not small to begin with and I previously lost a lot of weight (like 100 lbs) and would love to not have to try to lose like 50-60 lbs after baby. (Dr recommends I gain 10-15, which I wasn't sure was possible... But apparently it is?) I'm just saying... I don't understand how that works! Things being bigger but not equaling extra weight. I'm glad... Just confused. Haha.
December 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It should all even out here. Im like you. And eventually I have a nice round bump!

December 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You body pulls what it needs from you, so chances are you have lost some fat or muscle and it is balances out. If you stay at the pace, you may end up weighing less after baby. Eat healthy and you should be fine.
December 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Ok good... I hope so! Right now I just look like I ate too many cookies over Christmas. It sticks out at the top (which I am assuming are things that have moved up), but that's it. I want to look pregnant and not just like I need to go on a diet. Haha.

It would be nice to weigh less after baby! Or close to the same. That would make things much easier after!
December 28th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My boobs are a full cup size bigger and my stomach is huge and I haven't gained any weight either so as long as you are eating okay you will be fine.

December 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

I'm not concerned that I am not gaining weight (because I think not gaining a lot would be awesome & since my dr said 10-15, I want to try and be close to that), I just don't understand how things can be bigger and weight not be gained! But, I guess if the baby/uterus or other things moving around are replacing muscle or fat, then that makes sense.
December 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is entirely possible to have a full pregnancy without gaining a single pound. With my first one I lost a ton of weight in the first and second trimester (25lbs total). By the end of my pregnancy I think I was +7-10lbs which put me at -18/15lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. I held a steady weight for weeks before I gained. Once I had the baby and after 2 weeks (all the extra blood drained, water retention done, etc) I had lost a total of 40+lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

A lot of women take pregnancy as an excuse to "be bad" and eat literally for two grown people. At most you should consume an extra 300 calories a day to really eat for baby (assuming a singleton). Don't feel bad about the days when you're pigging out, though. Those are growing days in my mind. But remember to eat sanely on the days that you don't feel like a bottomless pit.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I haven't lost any really (just up & down within the same couple of pounds like normal), but that would be awesome! I'm trying to eat healthy, but if I really want something, I'll eat it. Just trying to balance the bad with the good. And I workout a lot.
December 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, it's totally normal to spend a few days eating like there is no tomorrow and then go through a few days where you make do with barely anything. I think a lot of women put a lot of stress on themselves about their weight and it isn't necessary. Eat when you're hungry and eat what you're hungry for. But try to strike a balance. Order the hamburger with bacon but get a side salad or enjoy that big bowl of ice cream but tomorrow have a meal of fruit and yogurt, etc.

I can't give too much more advice than that. I've always struggled with my weight and I'm not any where near my ideal weight. But pregnancy is hard enough without adding more to it.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

December 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just told today that I'm showing. I'm a really big girl (pre-baby I was about 295-300ish), so I figured I might be 8 months before anything looked different. I lost 10lbs in the first trimester because I was so nauseous, at my last appt I had gained back 5lbs. I wasn't surprised since I'm feeling way better so I figured I just looked fatter because of that, but my coworkers said that wasn't it. It's my stomach though that they say has "popped" or "rounded out some" and I guess it's from the baby pushing stuff up. Gaining a lot of weight really worries me, too. Obviously I love food and I'm fat anyway (and I don't say that in a bad way, I've always been big so calling myself fat and being called fat don't bother me at all), so I'm terrified of gaining even more weight and being even more huge by the time I deliver and after.

Sorry, that really turned into my own rant and not an actual response. Bottom line: I'm going through the same thing basically and everyone is telling me not to worry, that it's normal, and that it all evens out. I hope everyone is right for both of us!
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search