Weird pain??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been having this weird pain right under my sternum but sort of off to the left side. It mostly happened after I ate so I thought that it was due to my stomach being pushed upwards and just an uncomfortable full feeling. Then tonight I was laying on the couch and I tried to turn and the spot kind of "popped" like I felt it and then this super sharp burning pain. Even to touch it it felt hot and burning. That went away slowly but the soreness is still there and its not going away at all.

Has anyone else experienced this?
December 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try taking some Tums and see if it helps. I get heartburn that feels like that, except for the popping. Not sure about that at all. But if Tums help, you know it's likely heartburn and if it doesn't, you know it's probably not. Hope it feels better soon!
December 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have felt the 'pops' when I move oddly the past week and thought it was really weird. I have no clue what it is but I am glad to know I am not the only one.

I also am feeling very full all the time and right under my boobs I have pressure. I feel like I need to constantly stretch my torso out beacause I feel like I dont have enough room in there...ugh!

December 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only time i felt a popping in my sternum was when i dislocated my top rib from my sternum. All i felt was i had a hard time breathing from the swelling near my lungs. And the drs said thats a solid 8 on the pain scale. (I had to be told this cuz i listed it as a 2....but i dont always feel pain like everyone else does) Anyway i doubt ya did that but theres ligaments connecting your ribs to your sternum and one may have popped to release a swelling...perhaps caused by the excess amount of blood in your bodies? But anyway when any ligament pops as we have many it does feel very similar to what your explaining. Take it easy and dont overwork yourself. Rest. Ice. Compress. Elevate. Obviously ya cant elevate your sternum but the other three apply. Hugs Katie hope this helps!

December 29th, 2012, 02:17 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You may also have something called costochondritis. It's a long name for a silly thing. It's where the cartilage in the rib cage gets irritated and inflamed. I had it nearly the entire time I was working at a doctor's office. It can be due to extra stress in that area, weight gain, etc. It went away when I started working in an assisted living facility (I assume because I don't sit half as much therefore I stopped putting as much pressure on it), but for me it always felt like a burning sensation and it was very painful. I was put on mobic for it - a very low dose of a prescription NSAID. It's been flaring up recently and I assume it's because the baby has pushed things upwards, putting pressure on it again, but it's been pretty mild compared. Unfortunely, if this is what it is, there's not much you can do except take it easy and make sure you use good posture when sitting so it puts less pressure on it. We can't take NSAIDS so we're you-know-what out of luck. As for the popping, I've popped my sternum before - there's cartilage and cartilage means you can "crack" it like you crack your knuckles. My SO cracks his sternum all the time when he's trying to crack his back. If you're not used to it, it's super painful. I don't know if any of this helped, but I hope you get to feeling better soon!

December 29th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. I was so worried because when it first started happening I did think it was heartburn or just my stomach being cramped but after last night I knew it was something else. It got better last night after sleeping with my snoogle but as soon as I got up this morning and started moving around the soreness came back. It did pop a couple of times but no where near as loud and hard as it did the first time and it doesn't hurt as bad as it did the first time. Mostly just uncomfortable.

UGH super sucks. I'm sure its because I'm gaining about 1 and 1/2 pounds a week now. Which my dr says is totally normal with twins and will slow around the 3rd trimester but I feel like I'm dying now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search