Appetite is back...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 07:56 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Oh man is it back. I had nausea up until about 16 weeks, and with that absolutely no desire to eat. There were days I had to force myself to eat something. Nothing sounded good, and vomiting didn't sound like much fun either. Until then I'd lost weight - 6 pounds - since becoming pregnant. My doctor wasn't concerned per se, but she didn't seem too pleased either.

But just in time for Christmas, my appetite is back. So very much back. I feel like all I've done in the last week or so it eat. And not necessarily healthy, either. My 6 year-old likes to remind me that it's okay, because the baby gets hungry too, but ugh ... I need to find a middle ground!

Anyone else suddenly find their appetites after not eating much in the beginning?

PS: As I type this I am munching on part of a Symphony chocolate bar that was in my Christmas stocking. At 10am. Because it was sitting there, daring me to. =\

Oh and the baby seems to approve of the chocolate. He/She is in there somersaulting from the feel of it. lol
December 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you're feeling better! I'm sure your eating will temper once you're used to being able to eat again. And if your baby likes the chocolate, you know what to eat before your next u/s!
December 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm so glad you are feeling better! I am too until I eat the. I feel like crap again.

December 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
I seem to alternate... somedays I am just feeling blah, and the nausea keeps the hunger at bay and then there are times I just eat so much I could pass out from a food coma, lol.

December 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I AM EATING LIKE A DARN FOOL! I can't stop today oh well....

December 30th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
That is exactly what I did when the nausea finally subsided. The need to eat anything and everything will slowly disappear. However, chocolate does seem to be my weakness. It is just too tempting!!
December 31st, 2012, 09:06 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Glad I'm not the only one I just don't remember it being quite like this with my first two. With them the nausea just tapered off until I realized one day I hadn't vomited in a while. I think maybe it happening right at Christmas made the difference *shrug*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search