Sit / Stand Stroller

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone have one of these? Do you recommend them? Which one? Reagan will be a little over 3 years when this baby is born. I take her stroller with us now and she spends about 50% of the time riding and 50% of the time wanting to walk. I don't really want to deal with the size of a full double stroller since she doesn't particularly like to ride, so I'm wondering if this is a good option or not really worth it. Opinions??
December 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive heard they are great. I however am going with a double jogging stroller...to help get rid of the baby weight and then some lol. But they look awesome for moms with toddlers and a baby.

December 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Veteran
A friend of mine loved her sit n'stand, same ages as your babes.
December 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one. It is nice to have when my daughter doesn't want to walk. I have a Baby Trend Sit-n-Stand. However, it is a BEAST. It is just so huge, it takes up like the whole trunk. So I have a love/hate relationship with it. lol I think I will be replacing it with a double jogging stroller this summer.

December 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had one and liked it for about 3 months. Then it got incredibly hard to steer and it was hard to fold. I found it more of a pain in my side.

December 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been looking too. Let me know what you decide on. I am leaning more towards one that has two seats though as well as a stand option. My DS spends a lot of time in strollers cause we go to a lot of amusement parks and such in the summer. I don't imagine our trips changing much even with a newborn because life goes on yanno? I need space for them both to nap thats my problem so I was leaning towards a sit and stand for quick trips and a double jogging stroller for all day trips but man are they expensive!

December 31st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
hello lurking from the may borad,

I have one and I absolutely hate it!!

My son was 17 months old when I had my other son and it is a PITA to manuever, the wheels are horrible , the straps are so cheap it was easy for my son to get out of when I wasnt looking, I would not reccomend it.

I had a graco one but that didnt fit in my car. It too was too bulky and now that my sons are 3 and almost 2 I just use a single stroller and make my DS hold on to the stroller when we go places. I would reccomend using a baby carrier and a single stroller but its really up to you. The stroller I did want to look at was the graco ready to grow stroller. I think it doesnt support as much weight on top so you would have to convert it but I think its a bit smaller than a sit and stand. I havent had a chance to look at it but I really want to get rid of mine n maybe buy a new one if I must when baby comes..

here is a link if it looks like something you may be interested in.

Graco Ready To Grow Stand and Ride Duo Stroller - Metropolis

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

December 31st, 2012, 11:13 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD will be 3 in August and we got the Britax B-Ready. It can be either a single or a double, but isn't as long as a double. It is bulky, and a bit pricey, too. But the are so many options with it. We have almost all of the pieces for it now. DD loves it and she usually HATES being in a stroller. But we go a lot of places where she just can't walk the whole time. For full day trips, the baby will go on the top in the infant seat and we will hook on the second seat so DD can be in or out, depending on what she wants to do and how she is behaving. It should also be good for her to sleep iin, if necessary. I am completely obsessed with it.
December 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were just discussing this in my son's PR and I got lots of mixed reviews. I'm torn on what to do because I love the single stroller I have now and I'm tempted to just do a baby carrier with that because my son is already growing tired of the stroller so I can't justify buying a double stroller for us to only use for a few months.

December 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
DD will be 3 in August and we got the Britax B-Ready. It can be either a single or a double, but isn't as long as a double. It is bulky, and a bit pricey, too. But the are so many options with it. We have almost all of the pieces for it now. DD loves it and she usually HATES being in a stroller. But we go a lot of places where she just can't walk the whole time. For full day trips, the baby will go on the top in the infant seat and we will hook on the second seat so DD can be in or out, depending on what she wants to do and how she is behaving. It should also be good for her to sleep iin, if necessary. I am completely obsessed with it.
After reading reviews and thinking about it last night, I am seriously considering the B Ready now. I like the idea that we can use it for two or not. I also love how many different configurations it has! I am a little worried about how heavy it is and the reviews complain about how hard it is to pick up since there is no real handle. What infant seat do you have? We have a chicco key fit from DD, but I feel like I need to go ahead and get a Britax seat if I get this one.
December 31st, 2012, 01:53 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got the Britax Chaperone. In June, Britax had a "Free Ride Event" where you got a car seat, second seat, or bassinet free when you bought the stroller. We knew we wanted to get pregnant in the fall, so we got it then. I really like the safety features of the chaperone and their car seat bases are really easy to install. Also, check out the promotions page on the Britax site. They have a deal for a free Boulevard when you buy a qualifying stroller (the B Ready is one), a car seat, large accessory, small accessory, and infant carrier and you get a Boulevard car seat free. We needed everything anyway, so we are getting yet another car seat free.

The B Ready is heavy, but I don't find it too much worse than the standard travel system we had with DD. Our old one didn't have a handle either. I always put one hand on the top, one hand under the wheels, and lifted it into the trunk that way. I found that really easy to do. The adjustable height handle for pushing it is also really nice since DH is about 8 inches taller than I am. He likes it a lot better than leaning over to push. It is a really smooth ride and very easy to maneuver. I stopped a couple in a mall to ask them how they liked theirs and they raved about it for several minutes and said they had no complaints. The biggest plus for me is that DD actually WANTS to be in it. When it is out, she asks for a ride.
December 31st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
We got the Britax Chaperone. In June, Britax had a "Free Ride Event" where you got a car seat, second seat, or bassinet free when you bought the stroller.
Wow, that is awesome!! I would love to find that deal now. We have a Boulevard 70 CS that DD uses in my car and I love it. I don't think we need another one, but I could certainly use an infant seat for free.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search