Prayers, please, for family situation

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2012, 07:27 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shortly here, I'm meeting up to talk to my dad. To keep it as brief as possible, I haven't spoken to him in a month and a half when he was super cruel to me about an hour after my grandmother died (my mom's mom, not his). We have never has a good relationship and he has pretty much always treated me that way, but never my siblings. After the big event after my grandma's passing I completely cut ties with him bc my sanity can't handle the way he treats me anymore. He has asked to meet up and talk, but I suspect it has nothing to do with actually wanting a relationship with me, but more with wanting to keep my mom happy and wanting to see DD. He has since found out about he baby on the way and he fancies himself grandpa of the year. I think he likes to put on that persona to others. It's a messy situation that is very likely to cause further emotional scarring. In agreeing to meet up with him, I warned him that if he started with me, I would immediately leave and he wouldn't be seeing me again, but I really don't trust him. Being pregnant makes this so much harder bc my biggest fear as a mom is that I would ever end up making my kids feel the way he makes me feel. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
December 31st, 2012, 12:12 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a very strained relationship with my father also, I will pray that things go as smoothly as possible.

December 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Valerie. It was quite a painful conversation. It started exactly as I expected, but toward the end, it sounded like he was finally starting to get it. I very hesitantly agreed to try again after he acknowledged that he has to change, with a promise that one more incident and things oils be over permanently. I am approaching this very cautiously and not very optimistically, but I guess I will see what happens. It's been a lot to deal with on top of pregnancy hormones. Lots and lots of crying. Thanks for your prayers!
December 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thinking of you Hun. I know how difficult family situations can be!

December 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
Thanks, Valerie. It was quite a painful conversation. It started exactly as I expected, but toward the end, it sounded like he was finally starting to get it. I very hesitantly agreed to try again after he acknowledged that he has to change, with a promise that one more incident and things oils be over permanently. I am approaching this very cautiously and not very optimistically, but I guess I will see what happens. It's been a lot to deal with on top of pregnancy hormones. Lots and lots of crying. Thanks for your prayers!
I am glad he at least got to *some* level of understanding, hopefully. Sometimes it is just a one-step-at-a-time thing. Wishing you guys luck.

December 31st, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is sad when family members "break up" but sometimes it needs to happen for your overall mental health. Hopefully, he has changed and will stick to his promise,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search