Happy Sober New Year!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2012, 01:05 PM
terese81's Avatar Veteran
What are you all doing? I'm going to my aunt's house with my husband, kids, and my parents. We are all huge wine drinkers! I, obviously, will not be partaking this year. TORTURE!!!!!! That's okay, next year! Hopefully I don't go on a jealous rampage!!! lol. Have fun and be safe everyone!

December 31st, 2012, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not a frickin thing. I have no desire to watch other people drink and have a good time. We got movies out of the redbox and i downloaded new books to my kindle.
MamaSkunk likes this.

December 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by terese81 View Post
What are you all doing? I'm going to my aunt's house with my husband, kids, and my parents. We are all huge wine drinkers! I, obviously, will not be partaking this year. TORTURE!!!!!! That's okay, next year! Hopefully I don't go on a jealous rampage!!! lol. Have fun and be safe everyone!
Do what I'm doing and pick up some non alcoholic wine not sparkling grape juice but real wine...well kinda! It does the trick!

December 31st, 2012, 02:32 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD just called that he found sparkling pomegranate juice at our local organic store. Not as good as wine or champagne, but sweet of him to look. We will be hanging at home, snuggled on the couch and watching a movie. My friends tend to drink a good bit and I usually don't mind being the designated driver, but knowing I will be tired and probably irritable, I opted to stay in. Maybe we'll get a sitter and go out next year.
December 31st, 2012, 02:53 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We aren't doing anything. We live such exciting lives

December 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Hanging out with the kiddos and drinking some sparkling cider. We never do much for New Years anyway.
December 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Veteran
DH picked me up sparkling grape juice. We were invited to our friends annual New Years party which we usually attend but we just got home from my in laws Christmas and I'm beat (Also had to work this morning), and DS is beat as well after playing in the snow all afternoon and I wouldn't feel right dragging him out to a sitter or to a party. So we are staying in tonight. I doubt I will stay awake till midnight lol.

Last edited by Brie289; December 31st, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
December 31st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Veteran
I picked up shifts at work... I am a huge wine drinker as well and I figure since I am pregnant and cannot really go out or have some drinks with my boyfriend I'd rather make some money for our bills.. this will be the first year in our entire relationship we didn't spend new years eve/new years together.. I won't get home from work until midnight tomorrow night and I have been at work since last night at midnight. ahh good luck with the wine festivities I would so go on a jealous rampage! <3
December 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
We're not doing anything. Not even sure if we'll stay up until midnight. I'll DVR the ball dropping though so I can watch it tomorrow. Haha

December 31st, 2012, 05:28 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going to bed early. I have to work early tomorrow

December 31st, 2012, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Staying home and relaxing after a long long day. Probably letting SS stay up and I bet we'll even let him have some soda...and I'll even splurge on one myself...maybe even two. Haha.
December 31st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Veteran
Not a darn thing. We are sitting on the couch watching tv. I just hope I make it to midnight.

December 31st, 2012, 07:46 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will not be doing any thing. DH isnt a big drinker anyway. And I obviously cant. And DD is just starting to get over being sick so no going to grandmas. So we will put her in bed and watch a movie. I will have DH make some popcorn and homemade chex mix lol

December 31st, 2012, 08:07 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Technically they say a glass of wine is not bad during pregnancy..just not more then one. They do it in Europe

Last edited by BeccaMenk; December 31st, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
December 31st, 2012, 08:37 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm at my sister's beach house. DH, my sister, and BIL are taking shots and drinking champagne while I have chocolate milk and grape juice. Lame.
January 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I rang in the New Year with a terrible shift at work. Actually, what I was dealing with pretty well summed up all of how 2012 treated us, LOL!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search