Feeling gross and fat. :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
So, I've always thought that pregnant women are gorgeous - I've always looked forward to having the belly and always thought I would feel beautiful and feminine and even sexy with a pregnant form. But lately I just feel FAT and gross and like I look like crap. I feel so insecure in my skin, and I sort of want to get a shirt that says "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!" I gained some weight right before I got pregnant, unfortunately, so now I just feel huge and so unattractive. I flinch when I see myself in a mirror. People keep asking me for a belly pic on FB and I am appalled at the idea of even taking one because I feel so awful about how I look. I did not expect this! And I feel bad that I feel so negatively about my body right now when what it's doing is something so wonderful. I feel like I'm doing a disservice to my baby by not embracing these changes and loving my belly. I'm hoping it'll get better once I "pop" and am more obviously pregnant, but right now I just feel GROSS.

December 31st, 2012, 08:36 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
At this stage that feeling and look is actually fairly normal. Around 20/23 weeks the belly starts to round out. Huge hugs Hun I bet you look beautiful!

December 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM
safarilime's Avatar Super Mommy
So sorry. My first son I gained 80 pounds and tons of swelling. I looked and felt awful. My mom lives in another state and when she saw me 32 weeks she cried. Just think of your beautiful baby and take your time getting ready. Find clothes that make you feel good. I know it's winter but dresses helped me. I hope you are able to embrace and feel good about your body soon!

January 1st, 2013, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you, I cry when I see myself naked getting out of the shower.

January 1st, 2013, 07:04 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What you feel is normal. You are not to the point where people assume your pregnant so it is hard to keep appositive image.

Before Bourne I had gained 5-7 lbs and then I put on 50 with him, with the bulk of the extra weight in the first Tri (so by 20 weeks, I was up 30 lbs from my regular weight). It did get better after the 20 week mark because I finally looked pregnant and not just fat.

My guess is that to yourself you look much worse than to everyone else. I find it helpful to do my belly pics because I see my self in pictures more realistically than I see the mirror. Especially the profile pics where you can see your belly.

Kat

Ps - I was serious about healthy eating after he was born and breast feeding the bottomless pit - it was all off plus 15 lbs by his 5 month birthday.
January 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Its completely normal. With my first I only gained 15 pounds but with my second I gained almost 40 pounds and hated it. Once my belly became a real pg belly I started to feel better. I hope you start to feel better about it soon. Hugs

January 1st, 2013, 07:11 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to add that maternity clothes that fit well always help me. Especially at the stage, I prefer more fitted tops with touching to high waisted billowy shirts. I always felt frumpy in those shirts. My favorite feel good piece of maternity clothes is a gap dress that is high waste belted and fairly fitted. It's slimming and pretty
January 1st, 2013, 07:20 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I am right there with you. I felt that way, too, and did with DD until I was about 26 weeks. I carried really low and I think that had a lot to do with it. Maybe try to do something nice for yourself that makes you feel pretty. Get some new maternity clothes, a mani-pedi, some new makeup, or a new haircut, whatever makes you feel good. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do about how your belly looks. I sure with there was! But try to play up other parts of you that you do like right now. That is helping me get through the looking-fat stage. Hug!
January 1st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you. I feel like most people can clearly tell I'm pregnant and not fat but then again I have my moments where I think I just look fat. No matter what I'm not too comfortable with my body at the moment.
January 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Totally a normal feeling. I feel all fat and gross until I look more obviously pregnant around 20-24 weeks. It shall pass and in the meantime do something nice for yourself!

January 1st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I suggest tighter fitting shirts as well so you dont look 'frumpy'. It always makes me feel better

January 1st, 2013, 12:18 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm at that stage too. With this being my third pregnancy, my abdominal muscles relaxed so early and I just look bloated. It is esp hard this time since I had a KILLER body in September when we were in Hawaii. Looking now is kinda depressing. But I know it will get better. Hang in there!

January 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i hear ya!!! my friend just asked for a belly pic, i asked dh to take 1 and i looked horrendous, i refused to post it i am bigger to start with so im not expecting to show for a while!

January 1st, 2013, 05:08 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel the exact same way. I have a gut to begin with, so now I just look really fat. And I'm dealing with the skin issues too. Hang in there!

January 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I hope you are feeling better knowing you are not alone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search