How did you/will you prepare for gender scan?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having an early gender scan this Friday. What do you recommend to drink/eat to make baby move around just the right amount? At my Nt scan, baby didn't move much at all.
January 1st, 2013, 09:33 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try and pay attention to what you ate right before you feel the aby move a lot. With DD, grilled cheese made her bonkers. It was a ritual for us to have lunch at a particular cafe before all of our ultrasounds to get that sandwich. We don't live there anymore, but this baby was really active last night (DH could even feel the movement!) after some Mac n cheese and pomegranate juice. I may try that when we go next week.
January 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always drink something with caffeine about 15-20 minutes before my appointment. Does the trick every time.

January 1st, 2013, 12:40 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually, our soon tech discourages caffeine before a scan where you want baby to move. The initial reaction is a lot of movement but then the baby "crashes" and sleeps hard. If they are running behind you could miss your window. I witnessed it several times since I had NST every week from 26 weeks on.

What time is your appointment? Maybe a carb snack in your purse about 20 min before you go in?
January 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Appointment is at 10:45.
What about orange juice? I've read that it works... ?
If baby doesn't cooperate, I can come back until he/she does. I just want to know now!
January 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yeah, OJ is good. I drank some before my scan with my son and he was very wiggly!!

January 1st, 2013, 06:45 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I wish I had advice, our baby was so uncooperative at our early scan. OJ is good and be hydrated but not crazy'to where you want to pee your pants

January 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank some OJ and that worked

January 1st, 2013, 07:47 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
Funny, I never thought about it before. For no other reason than luck, I ended up with about 5-6 u/s & DS was always cooperative :-) The one thing I can say is I didn't have caffeine at all that pregnancy & was big on protein/carbs. Good luck!

January 1st, 2013, 08:23 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did on both times and it worked great!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 2nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD I had alot of NST's at the end and the nurses always fed me OJ and graham crackers with peanut butter before the u/s. That usually did the trick for me.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:51 AM
Silvinsky's Avatar Member
I have an ultrasound in the second quarter on February 20.
While January 23 I have a normal ultrasound visit with the gynecologist and I hope you see the gender of the baby and I hope it's a boy! At NT he/she moved much, in fact it was hard to take such measures, I hope that the next eco does not have the legs crossed or is upside down. However, they told me that eating chocolate could move it.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran
With my dd I drank orange juice, that helped a lot.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search