Worried baby isn't growing.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By mommy220
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 09:02 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So today my topic of choice to be worried about has been about the baby not growing. I haven't been feeling as much RLP as I was and I can even lay on my stomach again. For a while it felt like there was a softball in there when I laid on my stomach, I haven't had any discomfort when laying on my stomach now for a week or so. Also, because I'm so big, I can't actually see a belly forming and didn't expect to. But because I can lay on my stomach and have only felt movement a total of 3 times, I'm worried. It scares me that baby isn't growing and something is going to be wrong when I go for my ultrasound on the 10th.I know I'm probably worrying for nothing, but I can't help it.

January 1st, 2013, 09:52 AM
I hope everything is fine with you. Hang in there
January 1st, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I felt the same way. And with two I was really freaking out that I have been able to lay on my stomach and it not bother me at all. I've had so many ultrasounds though and they are always bigger than expected so I know they are growing I just don't see it much. I think it has a lot to do with position because baby A is low but to the front so laying on my stomach wouldn't bother that one much and baby b is high but sitting really far back so again laying on my stomach wouldn't touch that one either.

Maybe your baby is just sitting towards the back or may have shifted in some way.
January 1st, 2013, 09:59 AM
briellelynette's Avatar Veteran
Stay positive, I hope everything turns out good!

January 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
RLP comes and goes. Mine is better right now, it just means your body is getting more used to being pregnant. You are actually entering what I call the dream weeks. You are feeling better, getting a tad bit of energy back and it's easy to forget you are pregnant sometimes.

Your next soon is just around the corner and you will see am active wiggle worm.
navywifey2003 and eshute like this.
January 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days when I feel huge and I feel my belly is growing so much and then other days I feel all deflated like my belly has shrunk. I think I still have a lot of bloat!
eshute likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea RLP doesnt stay around it comes and goes. Also as a bigger woman I didnt really start showing with DD until i was almost 6 months. And the initial movements are sporadic. Trust me you will feel them more often. And alot of times they are active while your asleep...you just dont know it until those kicks become alot more obvious. Dont worry so much Elise. Babys fine and moving around!
eshute likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
RLP comes and goes. Mine is better right now, it just means your body is getting more used to being pregnant. You are actually entering what I call the dream weeks. You are feeling better, getting a tad bit of energy back and it's easy to forget you are pregnant sometimes.

Your next soon is just around the corner and you will see am active wiggle worm.

I second this. My RLP comes and goes.
January 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also with DD i was always able to lay half on my stomach and half on my side even at 41 weeks! I was always waking up laying that way and it didnt hurt her at all!
eshute likes this.

January 1st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can still lay on my stomach, though i usually stick out a knee to prop myself up. The feeling that your uterus is shrinking or growing is most likely due to bloat. I remember feeling panicked about that with my son. If something happened your uterus won't just spontaneously shrink without anything else happening.

To reassure yourself lay down on a firm surface flat on your back (this is okay to do for a few minutes, just not a prolonged session). Do a few deep breaths and run your thumbs down starting at your navel. You'll feel the top ridge of your uterus within a couple of inches of your navel and you'll feel your true bump rising against your skin (all the fat will flatten out).

In 2 more weeks the top of your uterus will be at your navel but the top most part of the "swelling" won't be there for another couple of weeks (22-24 weeks or more, depends on how your uterus grows). That's usually the point at which if a woman could hide her bump before won't be able to hide is anymore.

I did not really "pop" until i was closer to 7 months because of a combination of both my weight and height. It happened so gradually that I kept thinking that I wasn't growing.
eshute likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure your baby is growing okay . Also remember that as your uterus expands, every other organ around that area will move out of the way to make room for it to expand. It is expanding in all directions, not just out front. It will take a good amount of time, probably close to the end of your second tri to really see it out front. Especially since this is your first baby. I wouldn't worry until an ultrasound and doctor tell you to.
eshute likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:21 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone! I feel much better! I love how supportive and knowledgeable you are!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I am sure that you are fine and your little one is just as healthy as can be! Stay positive and try not to worry too much!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search