2013 for 2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jhmomofmany - I understand the feeling. Sometimes facebook just gets me down and reminds me how many people only know what I'm up to because of fb and never text or call me or anything. I'm sorry you didn't get more responses! I also second not taking a break from here, we'd miss you for sure! I've taken breaks from fb before and it's a welcome de-stressor.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that sometimes FB is just a downer. I have times when I need to stay away and it is helpful... sometimes weeks/months at a time. We are excited for you! And I thought the poem was cute too!

January 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs ladies! I would probably have an easier time in my nov group wasnt on there.

January 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH works FT as a civilian at his Army unit (he is in the National Guard). His current civilian job is a sheet metal mechanic and his Army MOS is a shinook mechanic. His job is pretty nice 630-4 m-f, early out every other Friday with the following Monday off. Only bad part is he must be enlisted in order to have his job which means 12 month deployments with no leave

January 3rd, 2013, 10:56 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg that would stink....a whole year with no leave. Yikes! When will he have to go again do you know?

January 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Our deployments don't have r&r either.

January 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
DH is a Sheet Metal worker who is currently laid off. He's been called back a couple times for 2 week jobs. So he's been doing concrete work which just ended now that the snow has come. He is going to help my uncle on a construction job for a couple days here and there. It sucks because when he's working his union he is Mon-Fri 7-3:30 but the concrete work was 7-whenever the sun went down or later. I am a Scentsy Consultant so that brings in a little money.

January 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Ugh my daughter cut her hair and now she has bangs.'gah! Her hair already grows in awkward. Blah!

January 4th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Oh no!!! Lol I remember cutting my own bangs at about that age also...and mine werent at all even lol

January 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Her brother gave her a haircut before she turned 2 and its finally growing back in. I am to take her to get it fixed next pay period. I guess she will have bangs she likes them, I on the other hand am not a fan, just my personal preference.

January 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My 2yo cut herself some bangs a couple of months ago. The really surprising thing was that she did a darn good job! I didn't even feel the need to fix it! My 5yo decided she wants to grow her bangs out so the poor thing is constantly pushing hair out of her eyes. She won't leave clips or barrettes in.

Tomorrow our oldest girl, child #2 is turning 16! And on Sunday our Joseph turns 11. I'm so glad my weekend off falls on their birthdays!
navywifey2003 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
What's it like having a wide range of kids ages?

January 4th, 2013, 10:07 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how y'all do it with your husbands being gone on deployment! I don't think I could handle it. I don't see much of my husband as it is, because we're on opposite schedules most of the time, but we at least get one day a week together. Maybe 2 or 3 if we're lucky.

He works in a bar and works nights. (Like 6pm until 4am) He always works Friday and Saturday nights and then two or three nights a week, depending on what he and the other guy decide. After Christmas we came home from seeing my family on the 27th (which was a Thursday) and he worked that night, Friday night, and Saturday night. I left Sunday to go see my mom until Monday and then we both worked Monday night. He then worked Tuesday and Wednesday. So, I only saw him when he was asleep for a week. I hate when it happens like that! I'm up during the day and he sleeps late on days he has to work or days after he has worked the night before. But then he tends to stay up late or sleep late on other days because that is what he's used to. It makes things difficult sometimes! We are hoping to be in a different situation by the time the baby comes so we can be together more. Hopefully it will work out!

I can relate to a family with spread out kids... My oldest sister is 42 and my youngest brother is 8. There are 9 of us. (42, 41, 30 (me), 27, 20, 19, 14, 10, 8)We had 3 different moms, but we all lived with my dad (with the exception of the two oldest being there with the 3 youngest bc they were married by that point), so it seems as if we were all full siblings. It was crazy. And now we have nieces/nephews that are the same age as my younger siblings. Holidays tend to be mass chaos. But we love it!
January 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM
It's tough, but we wouldn't be where we are or have what we have without the military! That sounds crazy, but fun at the same time. I miss our big family Christmases from growing up.
mommyandwife08 and MissyBee like this.

January 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Christmas craziness is a little less the last few years because my two oldest sisters have kids and want to be home for Santa and my dad & stepmom and younger siblings live in Texas. (We used to all be in the same city in Alabama), so we all visit (well, all being me & the 2 oldest) at different times now and I try to see them when I go to Alabama to see my mom. The rest of us are together on Christmas. But I know that will probably change in 2-3 years because we'll want to be at our house with our little family. I know I'll miss Christmas morning with my younger siblings. But at the same time, by then "Santa" may be over for them and it won't be the same anyway! I miss the way it used to be when we were all in the same place. It was great to be able to have everyone together for all the holidays!
January 4th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I had teenage step kids before I ever had DD....I always joked that I did things backwards. However they pulled every insane thing you could think of a teen (or a 21 y/o) (imagine being called at 2 am told they are drunk...need a ride home...and they give you directions like...I am across from the brown building and theres balloons across the street and a cop down the block...and I have balloons so look for balloons k?.....actual kids location....across from a car sales lot next to a church) could possibly try. So when DD and this baby reach teen years I will soooo have that handled. However i will say DD is gonna hate dating in her teen years cuz her half brothers are WAY protective of her....poor boys trying to date her wouldnt make it to the front door past DH and SS1,2,3. Lol.

January 5th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
What's it like having a wide range of kids ages?
I'm not sure how to answer that; it's normal to me and happened so gradually. It's wonderful and strange and challenging... that probably describes raising any family of any age range.

It is almost six a.m. then one more hour until I get to go home and enjoy my long weekend! It's been a long day/night!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Having growing up with only one sibling I lve hearing about other people's large families. And now my family will be considered "large" but I don't see it that way! I hope you have an amazing long weekend!

January 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I remember being pregnant with my 4th and joining just about every forum and/or e-mail list for large families that I could find, LOL!

January 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Blah I hate the comments on my family size it annoys me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search