2013 for 2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 09:30 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I live in Utah, so if you have less than 5 kids, you are a small-normal size family LOL.
jhmomofmany likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Veteran
I just vented on this exact topic in another thread. Baby brain doesn't remember which one. I'm almost dreading looking pregnabt!! I already get dirty looks or is she CRAZY looks from family friends and complete strangers....

However I don't give a flying flip what they actually think.. I love my family.. I did this 100%on purpose!! And my kids have an amazing close relationship that I hope stays with them their whole lives!
jhmomofmany and navywifey2003 like this.
January 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Well, it gets better I think. By the time we had five or six, I think people just assumed we would keep on having them. And we've developed snappy answers for just about every stupid question imaginable. It's really strange, these days, when just about every lifestyle choice imaginable is accepted. And yet, if you stay married and have children with your husband, you're treated like you're crazy.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I could not agree more. I am not the type of person to say anything so I hope I can withstand the comments.

January 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sooo get the family size comments. When i was preg with DD everyone assumed DD was a mistake or an oops cuz DH has 5 kids from his previous marriage. I had none of my own before her. So everyone acted like I shouldnt want or need kids of my own cuz I have five stepkids. I had to specify to my MIL this time that this baby wasnt a mistake or an oops either. Which is just GRRR. Dont get me wrong I love my stepkids but i didnt get them til they were older...I wanted birth and the baby years and toddler stuff etc. I was like what makes you people think I shouldnt have my own...how is that fair? Jeez.

January 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
People are rude!

January 7th, 2013, 10:38 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes they are!!!!! Very rude!

January 7th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm just sitting down after a good run and an awesome lunch of quinoa and veggie stir fry. I've been such a good girl so far today, I think I'll go sneak a piece of birthday cake...
navywifey2003 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I have an appointment today, 4:00 this afternoon. Only thing I'm concerned about is how I'm doing on that bp med- it was still high (although down somewhat) at my last check six weeks ago. Anyway, wish me luck!

January 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
I have an appointment today, 4:00 this afternoon. Only thing I'm concerned about is how I'm doing on that bp med- it was still high (although down somewhat) at my last check six weeks ago. Anyway, wish me luck!
Good Luck today
January 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Good luck! I have an appointment at noon. Its cutting it close my son gets out of school at 11:40. Luckily its at my house.

January 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Appointment went ok but my bp is still *really* high. It was 180/110 the first time, and after about 10 minutes lying on my left side it was 150/88. So, my doctor is finally like "Well, the med isn't working so maybe we should check into what's going on." Ya think!? I asked her at my very first appointment in October about further testing (the hypertension was pre-existing and not related to this pregnancy) and at the time she said it was better to go ahead and start the med and see how it responded. Anyway, she sent me for blood work today and I'm scheduled for ultrasound of Baby and my kidneys in two weeks.

January 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Ugh that sucks Hun. I hope you can find a solution!

January 9th, 2013, 07:36 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I haven't even read this thread. I mentioned this in another post, but I am home today as my back went out and it is extremely painful!!

My husband works M-Sat. from 9-3:00 (9-5:30 on Friday). He is able to pick up DD from preschool so she won't have to stay too long. He doesn't get home until close to 4 because her school is like 45 minutes from his work and then another 15 to our house.

January 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Thats okay no worries hun!

I hope your back feels better!

January 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I just want to freaking EAT something! But nothing sounds good! So frustrating!

January 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
We are having white chili for supper tonight, it smells SO GOOD, I can't wait to eat. I'll be working the next five nights so if I'm leaving goofy posts at 4 a.m. you'll understand that I'm just trying to make the last few hours pass quicker, LOL!
navywifey2003 likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
haha thats what I should do with this insomnia!

January 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have insomnia too! I already have my dream house planned out in my mind, exactly what is needed in my food storage that someday I will have and what I would do with a million dollars settled. Anything of real, immediate value accomplished? Nope. I should get a night job too for the duration of this pregnancy.

January 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I've been sleeping horrid too once I am asleep. Sigh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search