2013 for 2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
This chat thread is for the whole year! Lets see if we can get 2013 posts!

January 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we can do it!

January 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
I think we can too! I'm hanging out in bed right now with Everett. My other two are still sleeping.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that is only apx 6 posts per day...we got this!!!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am home alone with just Gabriel while hubby is at school and Joce is with her dad. Yet somehow, even with only 1 child... I am STILL going mad lol

I seriously hate it when Alex isn't home to help me!!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Huge hugs Hun. Today was my husbands first day back at work and it was torture

January 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran
Six isn't so many! We can totally do this! So what do all your husbands work? Mon-fri? Shift? Nights?

My husband is ten days on four days off. So every second weekend he gets fri-mon off. He works an 8-10 hr day and 15 days a month he is on call. He works in the oilfield, takes care of production of an area of wells with a battery.

THEN when he is done his normal long hour job he farms lol in his "spare time". We hope to eventually buy his father out and just farm but that's 15 minimum years away!

So I hear you ladies missing the men around! If gets plenty lonely here on the farm! But I'm blessed to have him home every night!!
January 2nd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Our life is not typical since we are navy. But we are on shore duty right now which means no deployments or underways. He works M-F 9-6. But this is military life so therefore it never is what they say. Somedays he doesn't get home until 8/9. He has football games to go to, other school functions, delayed entry meetings (which are shippers waiting to go to bootcamp), ect ect. I hate recruiting duty. I would rather he be on a ship. Ship life was a breeze compared to this haha.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran
Maybe this is a stupid question! But when he was on ship you were at home and he was gone for weeks?? Or were you with him or how does that work?
January 2nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DHs new job is that hes a broker. He works Monday thru Friday 8-4:30. Sometimes later if hes needed. Luckily he makes it home at a decent hour and he then makes dinner for me and DD. I still cant stand the smell of meat cooking and I soooo play that up lol.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
Not stupid at all.

So when the ship is in port he just went to base and worked on the boat. Doing matience, trouble shooting different things, making sure it's electrical was up to par (he's an electrician.) Then when the ship went underway it would do practice missions of the coast. He would be gone for 3 months for the underways. There are a lot of those to prepare the ship for deployment. The boat has to be qualified to deploy which is what the underways do. Then when they deploy its 6-8 months. Once the ship returns usually its undeployable for a year. It needs matience things to be fixed ect. But sometimes it is required that it deploy again. Luckily that didnt happen to us. Now this was our life on an aircraft carrier. When we went to a new ship we didnt do any deployments because the ship was to small. On that boat he went to work did electrical work and came home. When he did leave he was gone for a few days helping subs practice shooting torpedoes. But that boat could only sustain life for a week, so it was nice.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
My DH was a Corpsman on the USS Roanoke before it was drydocked.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Awesome! They are decommissioning the little boats that Kyle was on before we went to shore. It's going civilian.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Veteran
What an amazing job..! So interesting!! I still think all you army/navy etc wives are amazing too!! I don't know what I'd do if DH wasn't home each night!! I'd have a few less kids for sure lol!!!
January 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
What an amazing job..! So interesting!! I still think all you army/navy etc wives are amazing too!! I don't know what I'd do if DH wasn't home each night!! I'd have a few less kids for sure lol!!!
Lol i dont know if youd have less kids....Navy men make up for those times they are gone hahaha....this baby is DHs 7th child....the first 5 by his first wife....and 4 of those 5 were conceived during times when he got shore leave haha

January 2nd, 2013, 11:43 PM
We do not have any post deployment babies actually. We have 2 predeployment babies, our first is a honeymoon baby, our second was conceived during a dry dock, Everett our only planned baby was during the time on the small boat and although this is a shore duty baby this baby was not a planned shore duty baby.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Veteran
I hear you both... I'm pretty sure just washing DH underwear gets me pregnant!!! This will be 4 kids in exactly 5 years! Oldest DD turns 5 June 3rd and this baby is due the 26th!
January 3rd, 2013, 12:03 AM
'I'm not too far ahead of you we have 4 in 6 ish years. We will celebrate 7 years of marriage in August.

January 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My DH has been unemployed for most of the last almost 4 years. I'm working full time as a home health aid, and part time in a group home for adults with severe disabilities and/or mental illness. DH is planning to get his CDL and get hired to do trucking so I can quit when the baby comes. One of the major disadvantages of living in such a remote area is the total lack of industry and jobs, but hopefully a CDL would eventually allow him to find local work.

I've been bummed that my FB reveal got pretty much no response from anybody except DH and another lady who is more friend of a friend and I've only met once IRL. And I thought it was so cute and clever. I'm thinking it's about time for me to take a social media break, right now it's just making me feel isolated rather than connected. Anybody else ever feel that way?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
I am sorry Hun! We are thrilled for you!! I don't get that much from FB but I have all my JM friends on there from my daughters ddc and we talk daily still. Huge huge hugs Hun! If you take a break from there certainly don't take one from here! We would miss you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search