BTDT: Something you will do differently this time...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This time around, i vow to keep a bin set aside just to fill with clothes he or she outgrows so I don't have to sift through clothes that no longer fit the baby to find something that does.

My kids are grown, and I still come across size 3T shirts for Sebastian and jeans that are too small for Alex.

I will also keep a milk crate or some other storage unit with "extras" in my truck, because there is nothing worse than running out of diapers, clothes, socks, pacifiers, tissues, wipes, or other items.

I will travel lighter, carry with me only the things I need and not take the entire nursery with me when I travel.

January 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hmm not too much. At least not that I know of right now, I changed a lot between my first and second child though

January 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will NOT get one of those glider rocking chairs that everyone has in their nurseries! So uncomfortable for sleepy, middle-of-the-night feedings! I had one with our daughter and I hated it. And then of course, when she started crawling, the first thing she did was try to pull herself up on that chair and ended up falling on her face and getting her arm stuck in the wooden moving parts at the bottom. And it's so obviously nursery furniture, that it doesn't really look good anywhere else in the house after it has to come out of the nursery. The biggest splurge for our new nursery is going to be a nice armchair style glider/recliner so that I can be comfortable. Then once it's no longer necessary in the nursery, it'll still look nice in our living room!
princess136 and crawmommy like this.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will be doing most things the same. We did everything pretty "crunchy" I guess you could say, attachment parenting, cosleeping, EBF, cloth diapering. It worked well for us. Obviously it will be different with a different baby, different personality with different needs. However I will be needing the pack n play a lot more, and I will be a lot more adventuresome and heavy duty with my babywearing (using my woven wrap etc), since I will have a toddler to deal with as well!!!

January 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
only thing different is going back to work.. which will be a hard adjustment on me..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
-Be more organized.

-Enjoy the time more. With my first I was working nights and barely saw him the first year. With my second he was colicky and we were both miserable for MONTHS.

-Cloth diaper.
January 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am trying cloth diapers/wipes this time around. That is all I have decided to change for now..

January 2nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a whole lot on the parenting front...I changed quite a bit between #1 & 2 though. I am going for a drug-free labor and delivery this time though.

January 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not finding out the gender this time around so that is hugely different.

I am also taking the full maternity leave of 12 weeks (only got to take 6 with my first two).

Also excited to have the dad (my hubby) so excited and ready to be hands on. My first marriage and my daughters father was a very mean and angry person and I raised the girls myself even while we were married. Just the pregnancy has been different with my husband loving the belly and so excited to go to all the appointments he can and shop for baby stuff too. This is my favorite "new" thing going on.
navywifey2003, rcjh12 and eshute like this.

~Kristin~
January 2nd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Many things. I'll be attempting to breast feed and cloth diapering. I won't have to rely on family to watch baby when I'm at work. I have a husband this time around to help change a diaper and be there for me and the family. The bond I already have is stronger than the one I had with my daughter at this point. Just so much more excited. I can contribute that to things being happy in my life right now.
navywifey2003 and sunnydaze like this.
January 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
I will NOT get one of those glider rocking chairs that everyone has in their nurseries! So uncomfortable for sleepy, middle-of-the-night feedings! I had one with our daughter and I hated it. And then of course, when she started crawling, the first thing she did was try to pull herself up on that chair and ended up falling on her face and getting her arm stuck in the wooden moving parts at the bottom. And it's so obviously nursery furniture, that it doesn't really look good anywhere else in the house after it has to come out of the nursery. The biggest splurge for our new nursery is going to be a nice armchair style glider/recliner so that I can be comfortable. Then once it's no longer necessary in the nursery, it'll still look nice in our living room!
We have one of those chairs and LOVE it. It was really nice when we had to get up in the night. A friend of mine didn't take my advice and got the kind you described. She hated hers. When she came to visit and used my chair, she was in love with it. They plan to buy one like it when they have their second. They're pricey, but worth every penny. DD still sits in hers for her Bible story and prayers every night. We're getting a second one so that we aren't taking her prayer chair away. I hope the same thing happens with this little one and the new chair.
January 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to use cloth diapers/wipes. That's the biggest thing I am excited about!

I also plan to baby wear a lot more, I got it down and finally found a carrier I liked when my daughter was older. So I want to do it from the beginning and not use the infant car seat as much. I hope to enjoy it more and rest when I can because it was such a blur in the beginning last time as I was so overtired. Not sure if that's possible though!

Other than that I am keeping the same- co-sleeping right next to me, exclusively breastfeeding, etc.

January 2nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only difference will be me going back to work. With DS I was a SAHM for 2yrs. This will be until we move back to the mainland which im hoping will be around Spring before 1st bday. Then I'll go back to SAHM until he/she heads off to preschool.

January 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran
I am hoping to be more organized.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Regular
I don't think I'll change much, except hopefully find out the gender, and be able to BF this time....last time I had NO supply and tried everything including meds!!

January 2nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A lot! I will be using cloth diapers/wipes. I will have a changing table. If I can find a good contraption I want to double baby wear.. I will take baths like they tell you to do after birth. I will document milestones to put in the baby books. I will actually make photo albums instead of just on facebook. And lastly I will NOT eat a cheesecake weekly for months after giving birth! I'm sure there is more but this is all I can think of for now
sunnydaze likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
And lastly I will NOT eat a cheesecake weekly for months after giving birth!
We're not supposed to do that??? I figure it's a dairy product, therefore healthy.....what if you put berries or fruit with it??
sunnydaze and MarylandMama like this.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm not sure what I'll do. I changed quite a bit the second time around. I'm hoping this baby won't have the reflux problems that Abri did so I can enjoy the first few months. I did enjoy extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, and cloth diapers with Abri. I'd like to be able to do all of those again
January 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will use my wrap more often than I did with Alex. I didn't get a wrap for a long time and boy did it make a difference!

I will actually try my hardest to sleep when the baby does and not try to do other things like laundry.

I will not let my stitches dry out.

I will understand that it is totally okay to put the baby down and do things like eat or read a book even though the baby is awake.

I will take more pictures because I didn't take any in the first 2-3 months

I will go on more walks.

I will do more skin-to-skin contact outside of nursing.
sunnydaze likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 2nd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Veteran
I will try to keep my head above water in my laundry room.

I will exercise as soon as my casarean is healed!! And keep at it!

I will slow down and enjoy that my family is now complete!! I can't wait to see the four LO's together!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search