Loveneverfails and Valerie.June2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea he is. He's very excited. He actually will have 3 his mom is due in just a couple of weeks with a girl. His aunt on her her side(her new husbands sister) and his aunt on my side(my sister) are also pregnant. So 5 new babies in his total family. His mom due pretty much now, one aunt in May, me in June, and my sister in July. He says his biggest worry is that they are all going to be girls since his mom and aunt on her side are having girls. He wants a brother very much. He's been asking for siblings since he was 4. He finally got his wish... and so did we since we had been working on making him a big brother since he was 5.

How are your children with the news? Are they excited?
January 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, we were all hoping for a girl on this side because everyone in my family is popping out boys! Jocelyn is the only girl and this baby will make 7 boy grandchildren for my mom.

I don't think my son understands... He looked at an ultrasound and said "Baby..." but I think he will have a hard time because he is the youngest and will still be under 3 when this baby arrives.

Jocelyn understands but doesn't want to acknowledge it lol. But she did well when Gabriel came home, so I know she will be okay when this baby comes too. I think she likes being the only girl. She feels pretty special, haha. I think there would be more apprehension if it was a little girl.

Have you started buying anything for the babies yet? I haven't... I have been procrastinating because it is just so much WORK going to the store. I get exhausted just thinking about it, haha. I want to try cloth diapering... but I am still a little scared. Are you going to do cloth or disposables?

January 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't bought too much. We're going to try cloth and we bought two of those. My mom got me a pump and a twin nursing pillow.

I really want to buy stuff but I get so nervous. Like they will disapear if I acknowledge them too much. I'm crazy I know. I think this weekend our project is to pick out a fan and install into the room. We cleaned it out so it's pretty much ready to start getting things together. I would rather have things done sooner than later in case they are born early. I want to be able to spend every waking moment at the NICU if they end up there. I'm such a nervous wreck. I am currently taking Flagyl for an infection and all I do is worry about them. So much that I think I'm upping my heart rate. I can't wait to see the high risk doctor next week. I need to know they are ok.
January 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM
That is understandable. It is hard to feel relaxed when you are going through a high risk pregnancy. And not only that, but I think every mom worries about the baby's health while they are pregnant and you have that times two!

I think it is a good idea to get things prepared in case they end up coming early and spend some time in the NICU. It is a very real possibility that could happen and it is sooo hard to leave them. I remember just bursting into tears when I was leaving the hospital because I knew I wasn't going to be able to just walk in and see them at 3AM anymore. (Well actually, once I did drive up there at midnight and stayed most of the night. It is nice because they don't have visiting hours).

I am excited to hear back on your appointment next week. Hopefully you can see what they are!!!

January 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I know I sound crazy to most. Infertility has been one of the hardest things to overcome. It doesn't just leave when you get pregnant. Each step feels like another step in the right direction but nothing feels complete yet. I don't think it will until they are home. I remember thinking after my first positive pee stick that it was going to go away the next day...then the next and then the next. Finally once they were dark I kept saying I wouldn't believe it until the blood draw, then it was ok I will when it doubles..then it was the 7 week ultrasound. It's like no matter what that overwhleming fear comes back. I'm so thankful that my OB was so understanding and has me come in every two weeks. Even if we have nothing to talk about she just knows that I just need to hear its all ok. I do worry they are getting over exposed to ultrasounds though. We planned for one every two to four weeks but its been much more than that. Sometimes once a week and one week they were back to back, two in less than 24 hours. It doesn't help that I have an true anxiety disorder.
January 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
That is crazy, I have an anxiety disorder too. Well, I have two. Generalized Anxiety and Panic Disorder. Bleh, its not fun. Especially because the meds are off limits while pregnant.

About the ultrasounds... I had a lot. When I was hospitalized they did them 2x a week for 6 weeks. And everything turned out okay, so try not to worry too much! I know that is easier said than done of course but try! I am just glad that your doctors are watching you closely. I didn't have a great doctor when I had twins and I wonder if things might have turned out differently if I was watched more closely...

Hang in there!

January 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is crazy I can't believe how much we have in common. I just have the generalized. I tried anti-depressents for it in college and nothing worked well for me. I'm also ADHD the implusive type. Research has found that they generally come in a pair. I swear DH thinks I'm crazy because sometimes I just have to have something done a certian way like I can't have the outside christmas lights on when its raining because I freak out that the house will catch on fire. I also start to panic in crowded grocery stores or malls. I have a hard time shopping during popular times.
January 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I avoid shopping at popular times too. Christmas shopping is like the death of me, haha. I have to do as much Christmas shopping online as I can lol. I have been on antidepressants since high school but I didn't actually find one that I liked and felt good on until about a year ago.

I have some weird things I am really particular about. Mostly I am a big planner and then re-planner. I like to have Plan A and if that doesn't work about Plan B. And then if that doesn't work out, Plan C. LOL. I also double and triple check all the locks on my doors and windows at night--make sure the oven is REALLY off, that sort of thing. It drivings my husband nuts because I over analyze everything but sometimes when you have anxiety the worry just takes over! Very frustrating!

January 8th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do the same but the ADHD impacts the planning but I am always changing things last minute because I'm not comfortable with how they were before. I do the same stuff around the house. It is frustrating. My biggest complaint of it is the interfering with sleep. My DH lays down and is out. He says his mind is just clear. I can never understand it because my mind is never clear it is always racing around with something.
January 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Oh my gosh, I can totally relate to that! I have a really hard time sleeping. If anything is on my mind or if I have something I need to get done the next day it will eat at me for a good portion of the night! My husband is the same way, he lays down and literally 2 minutes later he is snoring away. I am so envious of him!

January 10th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sorry I haven't been on this thread the past couple of days. I'm worn out. How are you doing with sleeping. I feel like I can't sleep at all.
January 10th, 2013, 09:00 PM
You are fine, no worries! Eh, sleep is okay. I have had to start taking a unisom at night so I can actually sleep. It makes me groggy but at least I am not up all night.

Congrats on your little boys! That is very exciting! You are going to have your hands full! So you settled on Nolan and Corbin? Is that what I say on another thread? How are you doing with the news of two boys? You doing okay about there not being a girl?

January 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I'm up all night every night. It sucks

I'm really excited. I didn't think I would be over two boys so much but I am. I have moments where I'm like aww I would love a daughter but then two boys seems so exciting. I think we are set on Nolan and Corbin. We have always agreed on both and DH didn't want to give up Corbin. I really liked Nolan during our first round of IVF for a single baby. So we just decided that if we both really like them then that was it.

My family doesn't like Nolan but oh well.

How did you guys come up with Grayson...that was on our short list too but SS's name is Addison and we didn't want to start a "son" trend.
January 11th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Aw, I like them both. My very favorite nephew is named Nolan lol. They will warm up to it I am sure. My mom and dad aren't thrilled with Grayson, but we like it and I am sure in time they will get used to it

We had a TERRIBLE time coming up with names for a little boy. It was part of the reason I was so set on a girl. We have had a little girl name for almost a year. But I was determined to have a boy name in place before our ultrasound. So we got online one night and both looked and made separate lists. Then we compared what names were on both and Grayson was one of those names we both had. I gave my husband final say because I picked out Gabriel's name. We didn't intend to have two J's (Jocelyn and Jaxon) and then two G's (Gabriel and Grayson), but oh well lol.

January 11th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't even think about that haha. We were going with two names starting with the same letter but I really really did not want another C name. We had Claire and Corbin picked out for boy/girl but there were reasons why I wanted to get away from the letter C. So I wanted something different so when DH didn't want to give up Corbin we went for the same sound at the end.

Although he was just saying he likes Preston and Porter...Preston was on my previous list in July. Ugh men...
January 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Haha.. you have time! Let the names sit there and see which ones seem to stick better.

January 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea..I still feel like Nolan and Corbin are it. I'm just not feeling Porter. We'll see.
January 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Haha, well then I guess in that case... you have a few months you convince your husband

How are you feeling? Are you still in pain from baby B being under your ribs?

I am having lots of hip pain and tailbone pain from SPD. (Thats when the ligaments around your tailbone relax too much). I had it last pregnancy, but it is getting bad I am having lots of trouble walking, especially in the evening. Ah, I don't know how I am going to make it another 20 weeks like this. Sorry there is my rant for the day.

January 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea. I have tons of pain. It comes can goes and is mostly worse at night. He has decided he doesn't like the ice I put on my sore spot by my ribs so he's shifted over more to my right. I think the damage is done though. Tonight it really feels like it is on fire. I'm having a hard time getting comfortable AND I keep getting Charlie horses that last for days. Going on day 3 of the one I've had in my left leg.
January 12th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I am sorry! I think potassium helps charlie horses, so maybe you could try and eat some bananas and see if that helps.. I didn't get those until my third trimester last time.. but they are a pain, literally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search