Loveneverfails and Valerie.June2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey! Just checkin' in to see how you are doing? I haven't heard from ya in a few days. Hope everything is okay!!

January 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hey! sorry yea I'm good. SO super busy. I just need a break and I feel like it never ends. Part of me really wants to be taken out of work...but then the not getting paid part sucks. How are you doing?
January 16th, 2013, 04:06 PM
I am sorry! I don't work, so I can only imagine.. I read your post about your job being kind of rough and then on top of feeling crappy alot, I bet it gets to be alot for you to handle. I hope you can find a way to get a break soon.

I am doing okay. I haven't been quite as active the last few days. It seemed to get a bit tense for a minute in some of the conversations, so I took a break! I don't do well with confrontation lol. But I have been trying to post a little bit more today.

January 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Somedays it really sucks but it has its moments. I do love my kids.

Yea I noticed that too. I've been kinda quiet I only post on a few things.
January 16th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I think it is because we are getting more comfortable with the pregnancy and each other--some of the more controversial topics are coming up now. I am just hoping it doesn't get tense like the May DDC did! Oh my gosh... it was like high school up in there, lol.

January 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure that's why.

Yea I was reading some of those posts. It was crazy how they were treating each other. Very unsupportive.
January 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Aw, I just found out my older sister is having her first baby. Just found out today so she is due September 30th! She has had a lot of fertility issues so I am incredibly happy for her But I admit I will be a tad jealous if she is able to get a girl! I guess I will have to live vicariously through her and get my little baby girl shopping in anyway.

But, on a positive note, my gender disappointment is completely gone now and I am sooooo excited to meet this little guy!

How are you doing? Hanging in there?

January 19th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwww Congrats to your family! My sister is also having a baby. She's due 10 days after me. It's her second and everyone wants a girl. She doesn't really care. I thought i would also be upset if she got a girl but last night I was thinking at least I would still have a girl to shop for. I get a little sad when we're looking at clothes because I love all the girl stuff but I really do love the idea of twin boys I guess what makes me more sad is that I know how hard it will be for us if we ever want to try again.
January 19th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you. I really hope that you get that experience someday of a girl, but I would be really excited if I were having twin boys too! They really will be soooo close Oooo and I like the cribs you picked out! Very good choice!

January 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. We went with a smaller size standard instead of the mini. I freaked out when we found out they were both boys that they were going to have DH's dad's height. We're avg. but hes like 6'2" or taller and I found a blog with a picture of a 6 month old baby that only had two inches left in the mini crib. Everything fits well.

Today has been a rough morning I had such a hard time getting out of bed with the round ligament pain. I had to have DH come help me. How are you doing are you having any of those?
January 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
I am afraid this baby is gonna be a big guy too. On our ultrasound, his feet were ENORMOUS. And so were his hands! Alex (DH) was joking he is going to come out skiing on those things lol.

Yuck, I have had a LOT of pain too. I get it down in my tailbone and hips though the worst. It has been horrible. I finally broke down and ordered a pregnancy support belt online so that should be here this week. Hopefully it will help to hold some of the weight and take off some pressure. I will let you know if it actually works!

How long are you planning to continue working?

January 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that belt works for you. It seems to be better this week but I'm sure it will all be back soon.

They estimated that I would need to stop work somewhere between 25 and 28 weeks. Right now I'm super nervous because baby A seems so low to me but they keep telling me that everythings ok. They check the length of my cervix last week. He was so low last week that they couldn't get his heartbeat on the dopplar because he was low into my pelvic bones. So I'm trying to take it easy on my own. I don't go back to the high risk until Feb 12th.
January 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
That is good. I am glad that you are going on bed rest. I know it is not fun, but it is what held my babies in for a solid 5 extra weeks after I went into labor so it is definitely effective

I am reallly really happy they are watching your cervix closely. Did they tell you what the length was? My last one was 3.5cm... which is okay but still not fabulous. I always like to know what it is at because it helps me gage how much I am going to push myself that week, KWIM?

25 weeks is a good place to stop working. Honestly, every pregnancy I count down the weeks until 24 weeks. That is viability. And to me, that is when I start to feel okay. Of course you want to have them in there as long as possible.. but I used to get a calendar and start crossing off the weeks after that as a blessing and a gift that the baby was still in there baking

Oh and I am not sold on the belt yet. I just got it yesterday and tried it out. It didn't seem to help much. I guess maybe when I am really big it might be better.

January 25th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry the belt isn't helping.

Last they told me was that it was 4cm at 15 weeks. They didn't tell me at 17 weeks what it was so I'm guessing it was ok. We'll see again at 20/21 weeks (really 20w6d but they still say it counts as in the 20th week) I'm just so frustrated with the pain I'm feeling tonight. It doesn't hurt hurt its just sort of unsettling.
January 26th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I am sorry I hope that the high risk doc can give you some reassurance! Hurry up February!

Have you purchased any of your cloth diapers for the babies yet? I am sooo overwhelmed by all the choices! I am having the hardest time making decisions lol

January 27th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh my gosh I know. I have one bumgenius 4.0, one bumkins and then i got 5 happy henieys off craigslist. I'm looking around for some good deals on prefolds and covers. What kinds are you looking at?
January 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I am probably going to go with some prefolds and covers to start. To be honest, I am a little scared it won't work out still and I will end up in disposables again... so I don't know whether to invest too much just yet...

I have heard good things about the bumgenius ones. I would actually like to buy one of those and try it and see how I like it. The start up costs of cloth diapering are pretty scary though! So I just am praying it works out lol.

February 2nd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean about being scary. I am really hoping this works out for us. At least at home. I found a few prefolds and covers on craigslist for pretty cheap.

How are you doing? Sorry I have bene MIA. I feel like I never have enough time during the week.
February 2nd, 2013, 08:19 PM
I never thought to check Craigslist. I will have to do that! Thanks for the idea lol

I am doing okay, hanging in there. I am busy too, I started a new semester of college :/ bleh. I am only going part time, but the two classes I have are wearing me out for sure.

February 3rd, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I have gotten a couple of things off there. Pretty cheap too.

I feel HUGE already. I'm so uncomfortable at night and my back is killing me by the end of the day. I'm so ready for June.

Good luck with the new semester of college. I always found the beginning to the most overwhleming so I can't imagine being pregnant and starting. We have a ton going on at work and I feel super stressed. I'm so ready to just be able to relax.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search