Loveneverfails and Valerie.June2013

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not even having twins and I am already uncomfortable and wishing it was June! I can't imagine how you are feeling! So sorry!

How is hubby handling the pregnancy? Has he felt them move yet?

February 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm such a slacker... SO sorry.

DH is doing well with it. He focuses a lot on money and budget. Me I just keep thinking it will al work out I'm not going to go overboard but I refuse to stress myself out too much.

DH finally felt them move last week. I hadn't been feeling them too much at all but it is starting to get consistant. I at least feel each of them once a day now if not more. I felt flutters from about 15 to 18 weeks and then they stopped and right at about 20weeks they turned into punched. I remember at my 19 week and some odd day appointment I was actually concerned beacuse it had gone away so much. But they came back and now it is starting to feel like real kicks. I feel like each day I can feel them more and more.

How are you doing? How is school going? I'm sure you're super busy.
February 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
It is okay! No worries, I have been pretty busy but I am hanging in there We were able to relax today because DH had the day off from work. We went and saw The Hobbit which he was super excited about, (he is a total nerd lol).

I am so glad that you are starting to feel more, that is great Tomorrow is 24 weeks and 2 days for me! That is the exact gestation my twins were born at. Still can't believe it but I am soooooo excited because it is always a really big milestone for me--viability!

School is going okay. I don't know WHAT I was thinking taking classes this pregnant. I am so uncomfortable already, lol!

March 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so excited that we are finally at viability tomorrow! yay! We had our 3rd high risk appointment today and things are looking great. My cervix is almost 5cm long. He said that is great for twins. Both babies are looking great and measuring a few days ahead. They are 1lb 8oz and 1lb 7oz.

How are things going for you? Any new updates on baby Grayson? How are your other babies doing?

My SS seems to be having hard time in school lately. Ever since his moms baby was born. We're worried about him. :/
March 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
5 cm? Girl that is fantastic! Mine is only 3.5 cm and I have one baby lol. That is so great especially for how far along you are. Just think.. in 4 days you will have passed the point I made it to and then you will have to school me on what its like to be pregnant with twins, haha.

Things are going pretty good over here. Baby is hanging in there and I am almost to to the third tri so I am pretty stoked. I am kinda over this pregnancy thing and ready to be done! I am just getting so uncomfortable already.

I am so sorry to hear about your SS. I am worried about that with my daughter because she starts school in August and I will have just had a baby a couple months ago. I hope she does okay. We are having her evaluated to see if she will be going to half day kindergarten or if she is far enough behind that they want her in full time. I will have to let you know how it goes.

Is there anything you guys can think to do to help SS, like some type of therapy or something to help the transition?

March 6th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know! Dr was like "I think that's a record for twins!"

I'm pretty much over this already too. I want it to be June so I can just have my babies and that be it.

SS's mom probably wouldn't agree to therapy actually we know she wouldn't she just doesn't think there is an issue. We're hoping some quality time with us over spring break helps get him back on track. I feel bad though his life is about to be flipped upside down again. I mean he is going from being the center of two households entire world to one of four children. That has to be hard on a 7 year old.
March 6th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I can only imagine how he feels. Poor guy. Divorce is tough and my daughter has had some trouble adjusting to all the changes too. Booo on his mom for not agreeing to any intervention. But from some of the things you have told us, she sounds like a real piece of work! Grr...

March 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea it has been tough on him. DH had a conference today and he's going to go in next week to volunteer. SS always likes that.

I had my reg OB appointment today and everything looks good. BP is great, my legs, feet and hands are swollen but its not due to that. I passed my early glucose test but I have to do it again on the 25th just in case since there is such a high risk for me. Lots of family history and twins. I am anemic though but my ob said that it pretty common with twins. I need to up my iron intake big time.
March 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
You have to do a 2nd one? Yuck that sucks. I go in for mine on the 25th also! I was really anemic with twins too. It makes you feel like garbage! I was so tired all the time.... are you going to start taking a supplement or just trying to up your intake with food?

I am glad that your BP is doing okay. I am having a lot more swelling this time than I remember before so I am hoping mine is staying down :/ The doc hasn't said anything at any of my appts yet so hopefully it stays that way. I have serious cankles goin on. LOL I am so glad this baby is going to be OUT before it gets too hot here!

March 16th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to up my iron through foods but I'm not doing so great. I bet I'll end up needing a supplement. It does make me feel horrible. I sort of skipped dinner the other night. I was feeling horrible. I had heartburn and I was tired and the next day I felt like I was hit by a bus. It was bad so even just a few days of eating more red meat helped but then I ruined it.

I'm so not looking forward to doing the test again. My sister has full blown diabetes and so do a lot of other women in my family but it's all from my dads side and then my sister. So maybe I got my moms side and won't have any issues.

I hope your BP stays down too. I hate the swelling. It sucks. My legs are HUGE and my ankles are getting worse by the day. It could get pretty hot here before the babies are born but probably not too bad. It's the humidity that kills me.
March 21st, 2013, 03:11 PM
Yuck, I would try the supplements maybe! Hopefully you will start feeling better. I didn't even think of how bad humidity is going to suck for you. Utah has very low humidity because its a desert so I don't have to deal with that! I went to North Carolina and Florida last summer for the first time and I was miserable without being pregnant! Definitely different than what I am used to.

So what is the plan going to be for delivery? Are they going to induce you at some point or just let nature take its course? Will you go all the way to 40 weeks if you aren't dialating or would they want you to go earlier? (I never got to that discussion before so I am curious!)

March 25th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have much of a plan for delivery yet. My OB asked if I wanted to go ahead and schedule a C-section but also said that if I wanted to wait until later on and see what position they end up in to try for a vaginal I could do that. So as of now we're going to wait. I would love a vaginal but I also fear the what ifs of something happening to one.
March 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I bet you are scared, I would be too! But that would be pretty cool if you could have a vaginal birth I will hope that they both get into position so you can. I can't believe how close we are. I am only 10 weeks away, and you probably are about that far also! Are you feeling ready?

March 26th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't really feel ready at all. How about you?

I think we have finally gotten all of the furniture for the room. We needed a small bookcase and we picked one up at target yesterday. Now I just need to decorate and get things organized.
March 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I feel pretty ready. We finished ordering our cloth diapers online on Sunday and we have everything we need finally! Took a few shopping trips but we are there I guess I am not really ready for how my schedule is going to change and to not get to sleep again, but physically I am ready!

What are you doing their nursery in? Make sure you take pics when you are done to show us!

March 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I took a few pics the other day I keep meaning to download them from my phone. We're doing a sort of sailboat theme.

It's call Ahoy Mate by NoJo. We're really only doing the lamp, a couple of sheets and maybe the wall border. So we're not really doing too much with a theme. The room is a very light green though. So things are light green, a darker green(but still light) dark blue and tan. Theres a little bit of light blue in there as well but mostly greens.

I've started to have some weird fears. Like cloth diapers we got a good start but then I sort of stopped buying them and got a little panicked that I wouldn't be able to do it with twins. Then we have talked all along even before getting pregnant that we wouldn't want to circ. Now all of the sudden I have fears of I won't be doing the right thing. I feel like I'm back tracking on so many parenting things that I have researched and researched and felt comfortable with. I think I'm just starting to feel like I'm going to make a mistake or do something majorly wrong.
April 2nd, 2013, 01:42 PM
That sounds really cute!

As far as the fears go... I am freaking out a little bit with the cloth diapers too! I already ordered them, but I have had moments when I go, "OMG... what if this doesn't work and I just spent almost $200 bucks on all this!" So I am just crossing my fingers that everything works out and I can keep up with it with all the laundry I already do...

As far as the other things, like circumcision and stuff, I think you just gotta trust your gut. I am sure you will make the right decision The good thing is, A LOT of people choose not to circ so its not like your children will not be the only ones, lol. Ya know? So I am sure at least on that topic that whatever you choose your kids will be just fine We are circ'ing this little guy, but we did Gabriel also and I left the choice to my DH. That is what he preferred and is preferred by his church. But I certainly don't think it is necessary! Just go with what your gut.

April 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I just had some moments where I wondering if it was going to be right for us but I really feel like our reasons for wanting to circ are for own benefit and not theirs. I can't come up with a single one for why it would be better for them. So I know that we need to stick with our gut and plans because once its done its done. I don't want to make any decisions out of fear.

I'm so excited that I'm almost to 30 weeks. I can't believe it. My feet are swollen big time and my ribs are killing me. I can't wait until June.

How are you doing?
April 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I am excited for you! You are in a great place. Even just making it another 2 weeks and the preemie statistics are soooo encouraging! I am sorry you are getting so swollen though, lots of extra weight. Have you posted a recent belly picture? When are you planning to officially stop working? You have got to be getting pretty miserable!

April 14th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am...work is hard. I want to make it to the end of April and then I'll probably call it quits. I haven't taken a recent belly picture of my own but we did get some maternity ones done last weekend. As soon as I get them back I'll have to post some. I have been SO bad about taking pictures. I guess I don't feel the change much so I just don't do it. I never thought I would be this way. I thought I would be the every week type of person and never miss a week. Yea right.... I think I've taken like 4.

So far these babies show NO signs of wanting out. Which I'm happy about but I'm also like...crap they're going to have to induce me at 38 I don't want that either. I would just prefer for them to come on their own anywhere between 36 and 38. My cervix is still crazy long for twins at this stage. I'm impressed actually for not being natural my body is doing pretty good. Baby B has decided to flip head up. So his head is now shoved in my ribs. I have to say, I preferred the feet kicking because it seems like he is ALWAYS turning his head in someway. So there is hardly a moment in the day where I don't feel him moving. A on the other hand I can hardly feel but he makes it known when he does move because he goes right for either my cervix or bladder.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search