Rcjh12 and bobbiejo1982

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 02:47 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep, my anatomy scan should be my last ultrasound. It's the big one. I think my boys are more excited than I am. They've been looking at the pictures from my scans when I was pregnant with them, but I don't think they realize yet that they'll actually get to see the baby move, too.

How did your appointment go?
January 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Aw that's so cute how excited they are. how special to share that with them. Yeah i had 1 U/S at 6 weeks and didn't see anything besides the flicker.

So i don't know if this will be my only U/S or if they typically do one later. I am so excited for it thou!!! Can't wait to see the baby and see it move myself. I'll be 19 weeks and the appointment is on Feb. 4th. Can't wait to find out if baby is healthy and the sex so I can start buying things and decorating.

The appointment today went well, fast even. I always forgot to ask her about something thou lol. Good heartbeat and all!!!that never gets old hearing that.

So how have you been? You said u had 2 boys right? School going good?
I think I remember you are a SAHM but I forget if you mentioned anything about your husband??
January 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm terrible about remembering to ask questions. I actually have a notebook I write everything down in; heartrate, weight, blood pressure, etc. I've started writing my questions down there so I remember to ask.

I know what you mean about hearing the heartbeat. I try not to pull my home doppler out too much, but sometimes I just need to hear that sound.

School seems to be going good. They are in a new school this year so we all had some anxiety early on about how it would go, but they both seem to love it. Can't ask much more than that, I guess. =)

DH works in manufacturing. He actually just works a few blocks from home, which has come in handy, and saves us gas money.
January 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Well that's good. You guys must have moved to a new area then. Not sure If I ever asked but what state do you live in? I am in Wisconsin myself.
January 11th, 2013, 05:43 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We're in Kansas. And we didn't move, but our local school was closed. It's a long story that I get kinda bitter about, heh, but my kiddos have to go to a different school now and it seems to be going good. We live a little ways away from it, but because we had just purchased our house in our hometown, we were not going to move for the school.

So what does your SO do? How long have you been together?
January 11th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Oh I see. Well that stinks but I am glad they like the new school. Yes well hopefully they can ride the bus anyways?

He works in a factory I guess you could say manufacturing too. He works with pouring liquid metal and making things. He works second shift and I work first, he thought about finding a different job so he could be on first too before the baby comes.

We have actually only been together since last March but we were seeing each other on and off before that and were friends. I was married once before and was with that one for 12 years, lol

it all seems to be going pretty well thou, we have hit a few rough patches but it's all smoothing out.
January 11th, 2013, 07:30 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yeah, they ride the bus both ways, but it's such a LONG ride. It's our only option for now though =\

My DH works nights. They are on a 12 hour schedule so not technically 3rd shift, but basically the same thing. He's been doing it for so many years that we're used to it, but that doesn't make it any less annoying some days.

And I hear you about rough patches. DH and I have had PLENTY of ups and downs. It sucks, at times but you do what you have to do to make it work, right?

So have you started feeling movement yet? Probably not if this is your first? I honestly don't remember how far along I was with my first when I started feeling movement. I wish I had been more thorough with keeping track of this kind of stuff =\
January 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
yeah I don't like the opposite shift thing. Wish he was home with me instead But u get how that is.

Yeah you do what it takes to make it work.
I use to have a pretty wild lifestyle, he has calmed me down But sometimes I miss the way i had it with having more freedom. But then again i didn't have children then either, so i think I will feel differently soon

No nothing yet that i can actually say is baby. How about you? I can't wait to feel something thou and see that ultrasound!!
January 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I think it's kind of one of those things ... for me at least, there are times when I miss when I could just pick up and leave without finding a babysitter or making sure everyone has hats, coats, shoes, pants But other times I wonder what I did before kids. Of course, I've been a mom for almost 10 years now, so maybe that's just old age memory loss kicking in lol It can take some adjusting but personally, I love being a mom.

I've been feeling some swishing/turning/shifting sensations, but no true kicks or punches yet. I have to be sitting or laying very still and concentrating to even notice, but they are getting slightly stronger. The most noticeable is when I use my doppler. I push down with it to find baby and most times can feel some movement then. It'll come for you! I know it seems to take forever. Like I said I don't remember exactly when I felt movement with my first, but I do remember thinking it was never going to happen.

So do you have names picked out yet? Your US is the 4th, right? Are you going to do a big announcement when you find out?
January 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah i am really looking forward to being a mom alot. I think I just miss some of it now because I am alone a lot but i think that will change when baby comes. I can't wait.

yeah I am hope to feel something soon. i imagine a few more weeks thou!! EXCITING!! So much to learn.

I am so antsy to start buying things. But don't want to get too much before the shower and before I know the sex.

Yes the big U/S is on the 4th!!!!! can't wait. plus I don't like winter so the faster spring comes the better!!

You know I really don't have names picked out, we haven't talked to much about it. I have a feeling that it will be hard for use to agree. I want something unusual but not too weird and i thunk my SO like more traditional.

My mother has passed away almost 2 years ago now, wow can't believe it's been that long. So if it's a girl i would like to use here middle name Jean as my little girls middle name, so just need to think of a first name.

My SO dad passed when he was 14 and he was close to his Grandpa as well. if it's a boy I am going to let him pick the middle name. His dad's name was Arlan and his grandpas name was Wayne. At baby's last name will be Kosok.
Only thing is I think my SO would like to name a boy after his dad. Arlan Wayne.
Which is great and all but I feel like that doesn't represent my side at all. Honestly I want to let him have the middle name but I would love to come up something new for first name that me and SO pick. something that is ours. I don't want to be selfish or inconsiderate but it's just how I feel.

Whew I guess I had been wanting to run that scenario by someone lol.
What about you? name? What are your sons names?
Did you ever use one of those baby name books for examples??
January 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
For our boys we used family names for middle names. My oldest is Jonathan, which was just a name I had always liked and one that DH would actually agree on. His middle name is Tyler, which is DH's name. My youngest is Peyton. Kind of dorky, but I picked the name when I was watching TV one day and a commercial came on with Peyton Manning. This was about a year or so before I was even pregnant with him, but I decided then and there if we ever had another boy his name would be Peyton. I told DH he had no say, but luckily he liked the name, too, lol. His middle name is Louis, after my uncle who passed away before I was born.

As for this time around ... we have a list of names that we've both agreed on, but nothing that has stuck out as "that's our baby!" DH wants to use Flora as part of a girl's name because of this older woman who babysat him when he was little. She was like a grandma to him, and she passed away several years ago. I only met her once but she seemed like a pretty awesome lady.

Anywho, that was my long way of saying I totally get using family names, because we do that, too. And I understand about wanting to represent both sides. We've talked about using two middle names, one from each side, since this will be our last. Again, nothing definite, though. I don't think it is at all selfish to feel the way you do. It's your child's name ... you all have to live with whatever you choose for a long time. It can seem daunting to try and come up with something, especially if neither can agree. Hopefully you'll get lucky like we did with Peyton and something with just click for you!
January 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Oh and no, I don't think there will be a big reveal, just tell close family and friends and then announce on Fb although there are a lot of neat gender reveal ideas out there.
rcjh12 likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Yeah i am hoping so. I don't mind using his family names for middle but I hope we can come up with something together.
Flora is nice, not too commom or too out there. i wondered about 2 middle names too lol
January 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I wasn't thrilled with the two middle names initially, but it's grown on me. Eh, I figure we have some time yet to worry about it.

Hope you have a good weekend!
January 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
yeah Same here.
You have a good weekend too!
January 14th, 2013, 04:41 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Happy Monday! I'm actually not ignoring this thread ... the notifications for it are weirdly random. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes not at all. And I'm such a scatterbrain lately that I forget to actually CHECK it. *sigh* Pregnancy brain + natural scatterbrain = not a good combination lol

Do you have any big plans for this week? Anything exciting going on? No appointments or anything, right?

I think this is actually a pretty quiet week for us. My kids have started wrestling, so other than wresting practice twice a week we pretty much just lounge around and be lazy. Costs too much $$ to do much else. This is also my DH's short week at work, which is always nice. I don't realize how much I miss him until he's actually home more. Of course, by the end of the week I'm ready to ship him off But seriously, I always look forward to his short weeks. Things just seem to run more smoothly.
January 14th, 2013, 06:51 AM
It's ok. I don't even know how to get the notifications. I just check it when I am on here is all. I usually am on here more during the week anyways not so much the weekend.

Nope nothing for this week at all. Just work everyday Monday-Friday no appointments. Might see a few friends I havn't seen in awhile, see how that goes. So pretty quiet week here too. The week get kind of long because i work everyday and don't see my SO.

Aww I am glad you get to see your DH more this week That is always nice. Oh wrestling for the boys sounds fun

Yeah pretty quiet, that's how winter is around here. I'm ready for spring!!

I did start cleaning out my spare room for baby, although I have a ways to go. I realize I have a lot of clothes I need to try to sell or get rid of. LOL

Any appointment for you soon?
January 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My next appointment isn't until the 29th, which is my ultrasound. And I have a feeling that day is going to drag because it isn't until 3:30, and I have a meeting at the school just before that. And DH is working a LOT of extra hours in the next two weeks before then =\ We live so close to his work that every time anyone is gone, they automatically ask him to cover. It's nice when he can get some hours, but there are times when he doesn't get any time off. He's too nice and won't just say no.

I hear you on selling and getting rid of stuff. I've started trying to sort through things, but it seems like the pile is never ending! And our spare room is the boys' play/toy room right now. I don't even know where to begin. We have an extra set of beds in there right now we need to sell, and then figure out what to do with the boys' toys. We've already given/thrown away a lot of them, but the toys seem to multiply on their own sometimes.

I'm not quite sure what baby is doing in there, but I tried finding it on the doppler this morning, and I had just as much trouble as my doctor did last week. I'd never really had that problem before, but apparently it is playing shy or something now, because it was way down low and sounded like it must be clear back by my back or something. It's amazing how much moving around they can do in there.
January 15th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Oh i get how that is my Boy work usually 7 days a week and Mon-Friday is opposite shift than me.

ha i van imagine with the room. i don't have that much to go thru so I feel for you. I don't have the toy accumulation yet. LOL

is there room for some toys in there bedroom?

Oh that's neat, I don't have a doppler but i love hearing it when I go in. the dr seems to know right where peanut is. she always finds baby in like 10 seconds LOL i suppose thou it doe have to do with it's position.

You feeling movement yet?? Not me, hopefully in a few weeks!
January 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We are currently trying to figure out how to fit the toys their bedroom, but the rooms in our house are ssooo small. I'm thinking the bigger stuff will probably stay in the "nursery" for a while. The baby will sleep in our room for a bit, and even then it won't need a lot of room right away. *shrug* That might just be wishful thinking on my part.

I have been feeling some movement. Nothing that can be felt from the outside just yet (I have a little extra padding for it to have to kick through =\) but gradually getting stronger. I bet you're almost there ... Although I know how awful it is waiting when others are already feeling it.

I forget if I've asked...have you bought anything yet? I've picked up a couple of things secondhand, but I'm waiting another month or so before really stocking up. We are planning to cloth diaper, so that'll be one of my first bigger purchases. Well, that and a car. Ours is dying a slow death, and we have to get something decent before the baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search