Rcjh12 and bobbiejo1982

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
yes i can't wait to feel like the rest of the ladies.

Well my dad and stepmother bought us a great crib/changing table combo. Haven't set it up yet but can't wait. besides that just maternity stuff and my body pillow.

I did order a breast pump yesterday, my insurance pays for it so it was free!!

i am doing disposable diapers and i wanted to start buying them , I was in that isle in the store and got completely overwhelmed by all the choices so i didn't

i want to buy so bad...But we are waiting to find out the sex too. Plus I'll be having a shower and I imagine I'll get a lot of stuff there. i just an so impatient..

I think we will get a care seat with 2 bases and a dresser to match the crib soon.

and don't worry i am sure you will find room for everything, just got to make it work
January 16th, 2013, 02:14 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I have to wait until after March to get my breast pump, but I LOVE that insurance now pays for them. That'll be a big help.

And yeah, diapers ... if you're lucky like we were you should get a TON from your shower. We didn't have to buy diapers with my oldest until he was about three months old or so. We got several packages of each from newborn to size 2 or so. It was really nice and helped us out a lot early on like that. As for which ones, it's pretty much just a trial and error thing. We found that the cheap ones worked better than the expensive ones for my oldest, but for my youngest we had to use the pricier ones and even double up at night because he was a heavy wetter. It all just depends.

Eh, I know eventually we'll find room for it all. It's just that looking at it now is so daunting! lol
January 18th, 2013, 08:22 AM
haven't been on much. feeling blah lately better today...

yeah I was really happy to hear insurance covered that, one less thing for me to worry about.

Yeah my SO might have a diaper party too with the guys, hope to get some that way too LOL. I guess I just got to start buying and stocking up then see what works for baby.

i hope to work on baby room this weekend!! maybe set up the crib that's been in the box since Christmas.

Weekend plans for you?
January 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you aren't coming down with anything!

I wish we had thought of a diaper shower for DH with our oldest. Then we may never have had to buy diapers! lol We actually talked about having a picnic after baby is born, maybe around the 4th, to invite family and friends over to meet the baby. Our town does a big 4th celebration with a huge fireworks display, so it could be a lot of fun. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

No big plans for us. Just a lot of lounging and enjoying DH's time off. He's going to be putting in a couple extra days next week to cover for someone else, so we've got to enjoy the downtime while we can. I told him he just needs to remember everyone he covers for so he knows who to ask to cover for him when the baby comes. At the rate he's going he should be able to take off decent time after the baby is born.

Have fun with the baby's room!
January 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
That sounds great! I love the 4th of July holiday! Hope you guys have a good weekend of lounging, I have done a lot of lounging too it's nice.

We did put the crib together last night, it was quite a chore but neat to have it set up.
January 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Awesome! It's always nice when you start getting these things done that help make it more real. With my oldest I got the nursery done way in advanced and then would just sit in there whenever I had some downtime. This time around I'll be lucky to even have started it before the baby gets here

I love the 4th, too. I'm just hoping maybe it won't be so hot this year. The last couple of years have been just absolutely boiling =\

I felt my first kick from the outside this weekend, so that was kind of exciting. Just a small, quick one, but hopefully that means that before long DH and kiddos will get to feel baby moving around in there. Otherwise we had a pretty uneventful weekend. Lounged around a bit and visited with my sister and nieces. They are two, and once we told them there was a baby in my belly they became obsessed with trying to SEE it. lol if only it worked that way
January 22nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Yes I hope to get more of the nursery done just things here and there.
I don't know that I will be doing much for the 4th this year as I am due 4 day before then lol.

Aw nice I bet you that was cool to feel the first kick. I still can't wait to feel something. Thats cute that the little ones were obsessed with your belly
January 22nd, 2013, 02:57 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
haha yeah, if baby comes early/on time, I should be up to a few hours by the 4th. If he takes his time and comes late ... we'll probably skip the 4th.

How have you been feeling? I think I've come down with some kind of bug, and I'm just hoping it's a temporary thing. No fever or anything like that *knock on wood*. Just feeling blah =\
January 23rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
I have been feeling alright. Thank goodness I haven't been sick since I have been pregnant. Only thing I get is the headaches and sore neck lately. My main issue lately is being emotional. I cry a lot, it's been bad lately.

I hope you feel better and beat whatever bug that you may be coming down with.
January 23rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
So far so good today. Hoping that was the end of it!

My kiddos have wrestling meets coming up, so I may be kind of hit and miss for a while. My DH tries to sign them up for EVERY meet that comes along ... I'm trying to convince him otherwise, but we'll see
January 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
glad you are feeling better. have a good time at the meets, hope your boys do well!
January 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Thanks, the boys did well and had fun. I'm such a spoil sport about wrestling ... I love what the boys get out of it, but I HATE all the running around we have to do for it. But it is something that DH has always wanted to get the boys involved in, so meh ... it's a sacrifice

How have you been feeling? The 4th is slowly creeping up ...
January 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Well I am glad they boys had fun and did well. i bet it gets to be alot of running. But if they enjoy it...
I am feeling pretty good except for being really emotional. i am going a bit stir crazy, kind of wan to get out of the house a little bit tonight. I know one week from Monday. I can't wait so excited and nervous!!
January 27th, 2013, 02:38 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I definitely understand the moodiness and needing to get out. I was SOO super moody with my last pregnancy, I think I honestly scared my DH. This time around, so far, I've been doing pretty good. I get some super grumpy days, but nothing like I have in the past. I say milk it for all you can and blame those crazy hormones! lol
January 28th, 2013, 07:06 AM
yeah I have been that way. My So is like what is going on?? HaHA If he only knew right?? Ha glad I am not alone on that.Had a pretty good weekend thou. Was going to go shopping yesterday but got stuck at home we had an ice storm Ha How was your weekend?
January 29th, 2013, 04:48 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yuck, I am NOT a fan of snow and ice. I feel for you there =\

My weekend was good. Long, but good. The boys had another wrestling meet on Sunday, so we were gone all day, but they had fun. We left the house at 5am and didn't get home until 3 in the afternoon. Luckily, that was one of the longest ones we'll go to.

My scan is at 3:30 today, and for some reason I'm really nervous suddenly. Think healthy baby thoughts for me
January 29th, 2013, 06:51 AM
yes we had a thunderstorm last night again, in Wisconsin in January. Roads closed people in ditches everywhere it's a mess. I made it to work thou. Yeah that sounds like a long day of wrestling, glad they had fun.

Oh GOOD LUCK at your appointment today!! I am happy for you. i will be thinking good thoughts for you. let me know how it goes.
January 29th, 2013, 04:53 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Thank you! Appointment went great, and the tech said everything good as it should. DH did try to peek at the gender when she was measuring the legs, but said he wouldn't have known what he was looking for anyway lol Baby was so squirmy it took her a while to get a few of her measurements, but my older kiddos really got a kick out of seeing baby waving and yawning.

We had 60s-70s yesterday, and we're expecting snow tonight. Kansas is crazy weather-wise, but luckily we haven't had too much of the really severe weather so far this winter. I'm so ready for spring though! Stay safe when you're out there.
January 30th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I am glad your appointment went well. It's neat you got to have the whole family in there to see. So glad everything looks good.

60-70 would be great. I am so ready for spring. Today we are getting snow...on yop of the ice.
January 30th, 2013, 08:29 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep, we're snowed in today. Didn't have the ice before it luckily, but it was enough that there was no school, which is just fine with me My oldest is outside shoveling the sidewalk right now ... he loves doing it for some reason and I'm not going to complain because it hurts my back so bad, especially right now =\

So Monday is the big day, right? Getting excited? I don't know why, but I had trouble sleeping the night before my scan, but it is such a relief now to have seen baby and know that everything looks good. How have you been feeling? Other than cold

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search