Rcjh12 and bobbiejo1982

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 06:58 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank u dear. My SO had to work to so I didnt see him but was surprise with hald dozen roses agarngment and some chocolate. Its our first Valentines offically together. Have a good night dear!
February 15th, 2013, 07:48 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
How sweet My DH shared his M&Ms my nieces gave him, so it ended up being a decent night, lol

How are you coming on a name? Anything stand out yet as a possibility? I know with my first it was pretty much down to the wire. I liked it so much better with my second when I had his name picked out before I was even pregnant! No such luck this time around, even though we were TTC for months.
February 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
AWWW Well that is cute!

I have been reading a name book my SIL borrowed me. I haven't ran any by my So yet, i am afriad he will hate them. I liked hayden but I know that can be a girl name. The i came across Kaden and I really like it so far Kaden Arlan Kosok sounds like it flows nice. I have seen it spelt Caiden before and other ways but I like the K. Will see if I come across anything else.

So you are not sure either? What are your 2 names now?
February 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I liked Kaden.

We really liked Aiden for this baby at first, and then I went to my youngest's classroom and they had Jayden, Kayden, Kasen, Peyton. We decided we might shy away from the aiden name ending just in case because wow ... I'd get tongue tied, lol

We have tentative names picked out, and DH won't discuss them anymore with me because every time we talk about names I change my mind again. For a boy we have Evan James Carl, and for a girl we have Zoey Flora Ann. The girl's name is pretty set, but the boy's name ... one day I like Evan, the next I'm blah about it =\ I liked Ian and Ethan, but DH didn't like them, plus several boys have been born around here lately with those names and it is a small town so I try to avoid the same name as anyone too close to baby's age.

Anywho, how was your weekend? Any progress on the names? When is your next appointment? I THINK mine is two weeks from Tuesday. I am usually so good about getting them written down in my planner but I'm worried I forgot this time around, heh. Plus we all have dentist appointments coming up so I can just see my pregnancy brain having me show up at the wrong appointment on the wrong day, lol
February 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I see. I have a friend with 3 boys Aiden, Ian and Evan. So that is funny to hear. Evan James is nice thou so is Zoey.

I like Kaden my So kinda didn't care for it. He liked Karson better. Also now he is talking about Jackson again. At least I got the ball rolling and we are discussing it.

My weekend was ok. Got some more hand me down and got those sorted and put away. I got a full dresser of clothes don't think I will have to buy much. Hubby started night shifts. So when I go to bed he is going to work and when I go to work he is going to bed. It stinks. Made a bunch of chilli and hung out.

I don;t think my next appointment is until around march 12th, it will be my glucose test one, so I imagine it will take awhile i'll be around 24-25 weeks.

Sounds like you got a busy couple weeks with all the appointments.

I am still waiting for movement
February 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I was really hoping you'd be feeling movement by now. I remember how much it sucks to wait. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it is soon!

And I hear you on at least he is discussing it. Hopefully something will stick for you soon.

We're apparently supposed to be getting 8-14" of snow starting tomorrow night, so I REALLY should run to the store today, but I don't know if that will happen. We've got food and whatnot, but I just feel like we should stock up just in case. I'm not a snow person, but I hope if we do get some the boys' school gets cancelled. DH has Wed/Thurs off, so we'd get some family time.

That kind of schedule DOES stink. We've "gotten used to it", but I still don't like it. Luckily DH is on 12s, so it's only a few days a week instead of 5-7. Hopefully this is only temporary for you guys.
February 19th, 2013, 12:16 PM
yes I am hoping to feel movement soon too it's got me worried. I am not sure what the first little flutters are, if I am feeling them or not.

Yes at least we are discussing it now and I have more hope that we will find something we can both agree on.

Oh yeah you should go to the store today if you are going. We night get a bunch thursday night. I am so sick of winter and cold and snow and dressing in layers when I am big. I can not wait for spring.

Enjoy your family snow days if you get some that will be nice.

Unfortunately I don't think his schedule will be temporary. He has been at this company 6 years but I think he needs to find a new job. He work 10 hour shifts but it at a minimum of 5 night and sometimes all 7. He is having trouble sleeping during the day. Now I worry he is going to get hooked on Tylenol PM. A few nights wouldn't be so bad but every night is.

Oh I ordered bedding for nursery so I can get matching paint. I just went ahead and got that plain blue one I posted about.
February 19th, 2013, 02:54 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I liked the plain blue bedding! I don't know if I ever commented (I was on my tablet only for a few days and it makes commenting a pain), but I liked them. It'll be easier to add in different themes if you decide to later. I have a feeling we're going to be lucky to have a crib by the time baby is born at the rate we are going =\

My DH has been on nights for years, but he still goes through spells where he cannot sleep during the day and would take Tylenol PM or something similar. I understand your concern. One thing that has helped is to get strong blackout curtains for our bedroom. I think we might even repaint our bedroom a darker color soon to help with that, too, because right now we have really light colored walls. Hopefully once your SO gets more used to it, the troubles sleeping won't be so bad/constant. Has he looked around for other jobs? DH did 7 days a week for an extended period of time and that is HARD on a person. Especially doing the longer days. Hopefully something can change!

First movements for me felt like something low in my abdomen, clear down into my pelvis, just suddenly shifted. Once in a while it would even feel like my stomach was sinking, kind of like when you are on an elevator or something similar. It'd be real subtle, though. I really hope you get to feel those movements soon!
February 19th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for these ideas. I am on phone now so response will be short. I just got home from work and he is so sad and tired. He took tylenol pm and still only slept a fe hours. I feel so bad so him I cried. And then it doesn't help us getting along. I should get some of those curtains. He hasn't looked yet but I hope he does soon. It so devastaving right now.
February 19th, 2013, 06:26 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
(hugs) I really wish I had a magical answer for you! It's terrible that it is affecting your relationship. I know what you're going through, and it can get better.
February 20th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks dear! It's been rough and only just begun. I hope he is sleeping today and today is better for him. I do hope it gets better.

I should be getting the bedding in the mail today so i actually get to see what it all looks like and now I can go match paint

I forget why is it that you are not setting up the room yet. Is is because it's your other kids playroom? I forgot. i am sure everything will work out by then thou.

I am really excited to go registrar so I might do that this weekend if I go grocery shopping.
I appreciate you explaining the movement feeling to me. I may or may not have been feeling 'something" the last few days but I am really unsure.

Did you get the snow they were calling for?
February 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Even this time around, it took me a while to realize what I was feeling was baby, so anytime you get a chance to just sit there, relax and focus on what you're feeling go for it!

We didn't get the snow yet. It's supposed to start tonight. We did make it out to the store earlier to get a few things. It was surprisingly quiet ... I figured more people would be doing the same. They probably will after work tonight, I suppose.

We haven't started the baby's room yet basically out of pure lack of motivation =\ It is the boys' playroom technically, but it'll be there playroom still for a while after the baby is born, because it'll sleep in our room for probably a month or so, and even then some of the toys and things will still stay in there. We're basically just lazy

I can't decide if I love or hate picking out paint colors, lol ... I had never really done it before until we moved into this house about two years ago. It took me FOREVER to pick the color for our dining room, and then for about a month after I couldn't decide if I'd made the right choice or not. I'm so indecisive sometimes. I can't wait to see pictures of your progress, though! I get far less anxiety when others are doing the painting and decorating lol
February 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I haven't been on here much.

I hope I am starting to feel him. I feel something just not sure what.
I got my paint on Saturday it a dark gray and dark blue. I hope it works out. We starting to work on it this weekend.

How have you been?? I read a message about some spotting you posted. I hope everything is ok.

I have been good, except my carpel tunnel syptoms are really acting up, my hand are hurting soooo bad today.
February 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I really hope you're starting to feel movement! It's hard at first to decide, but it'll click one day that "hey, that was the baby!" ... I'm so excited for you to get there.

I'm good. Spotting tapered off majorly after that first showing Saturday morning. Not sure what caused it, but it is mainly gone now and no other symptoms.
February 26th, 2013, 06:06 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Hmm, I didn't realize my message cut off. Anyway, I feel your pain on the carpel tunnel. Have you tried a brace? Mine is pretty random, and in one hand only, but my doctor did suggest wearing a brace to help with it.
February 27th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks I hope that is what it is too. Everyday i hope to feel more things

I am glad your spotting ending up being nothing. That can be a scary thing. Glad all is ok.

I have a brace for each wrist i have been wearing everynight for a week or so now. Helps some. I try to sleep with my arm proped up on pillows. That seems to help too.

How are you today? This weeek is kinda dragging for me.

My man came home from work this morning as I was leaving and I felt so bad for him. The lack of sleep is catching up. He said he had the worst night of his life. He drank coffee, which he doesn't do all the time. He got jittery and about fainted now he thinks he has the flu. I ordered him to stay in bed all day even if he couldn't sleep. I felt so bad
February 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Poor guy. Not getting sleep and then being sick too ... that's gotta be hard on him. I don't blame you for telling him to stay in bed. He definitely needs his sleep.

I don't feel too bad today. Yesterday I had to go in to the doc because I was having pain in my ear and throat. Turns out I have an infection in my tooth, of all things, and the pain just felt like it was everywhere else. So now I'm on antibiotics (I hate taking meds while pregnant, but ugh I was in so much pain) and hopefully that takes care of the problem because my doc doesn't want me having a bunch of work done on my teeth. I have a cleaning coming up and she said it was okay to have them do an x-ray then, but she wants me to wait until after baby before getting it fixed if it needs it.

And today I went with my sis to court. Her baby daddy is a ******* that keeps taking her back to try and get more time with their girls, and she gets stressed sooo easily, so I went with her just as support.

That's been my week so far. I think we are finally done getting snow for a while, so that helps. I'm NOT a winter person

I forget when your next appointments are. My next OB is Tuesday, but seems pointless now that I was just there THIS Tuesday, but whatever. I figure I'll be starting my bi-weekly appointments before much longer anyway, so I should get used to it.

AND, since I haven't rambled enough, I was hoping you can post some pictures once you get your bedding/painting stuff up and ready. I'd like to make you a blanket or something and try to match it to what you have. If you're not comfortable giving me your address to mail it, I completely understand. Do not feel like you will hurt my feelings at all.
February 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Yeah he just had a hard time sleeping in the day. Luckily he wasn't sick, he just had too much caffeine/lack of sleep. he seemed ok tonight as he headed out to work, although tmr morning will be a different story.

Oh no a tooth infection, ouch. I hope the antibiotics help and you can take care of it after the baby comes. That has to be difficult to deal with.

good luck to your sister. That was nice of you to go with and support her.

Sounds like you have had a hectic week. I hope it slows down for you. We have just been working on painting the nursery as time permits around work. I have been taping the trim and So has been painting. Got the 2 gray walls done...now on to the 2 blue walls.

I am not a winter person either. I hope we don't get anymore honestly I am ready for spring.

Good luck at your next appointment. Do you know what they are doing at this one? I have my next appointment March 12th. They will be doing the first Glucose test so I hope I pass that.
When do the bi-weekly appointments start?
WOW less than 15 weeks left for you

Yes I can post some pictures when done. Hope in will be in the next few weeks here. 2 walls left to paint, clean up, then I can wash and put the bedding together in the room and start decorating. Yay It will look like a room. I still have to get my glider chair and a little lamp. Also i don't have any wall hanging or decorations yet. Hoping to find some that will match the colors. And maybe a rug. I tell you this is going to be my most decorating/orginized room in my house....lol Baby will have nice furniture than mommy and daddy haha

that is really nice of you to offer to make something like that hun That is so sweet. I wish i was crafty and all that to make things but i just am not a very crafty person. WOW I was so surprised when you said that. How sweet of you to think of me. I don't mind messaging you my address. We have been talking long enough now

Well I am off to bed to try to get a extra hour or so of sleep tonight. Have a good night.
February 28th, 2013, 04:00 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
heh, it is not generous of me at all. I love to pick out yarn and craft supplies, and having someone to make something for gives me an excuse But really, it is nothing, and do not feel like you need to send anything in return!

My next appt should just be another regular checkup, and I should be scheduling my glucose test at that point, too. Not looking forward to that, but only because of stories. I never had it done with my first two so I don't even have any personal experience with it. As for the bi-weekly, I think they start around 28-30 weeks. It may just depend on your doctor and whatnot, too. That just seems awfully close since we haven't done ANYTHING yet to get ready!

lol on the nursery ... that's how we were with our first. We had just moved into a new house and the nursery was the ONLY room that was even remotely decorated or organized. The rest of the house looked like a couple of squatters had moved in. We had very little furniture/decor/etc.
February 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Well I really appreciate it!

What kind of stories about the Glucose testing. i didn't realize it was that big of a deal. I just hope I pass. Yeah it is coming up soon for you, it will be here before you know it. I can't imagine going to doctor every 2 weeks and then once a week wow.

hate to say it but you might want to start getting a bit ready. but I am sure it will all fall into place when the time comes

Yes I am excited about the nursery, at least it's something to focus on as the weeks pass.

Well I really appreciate it!

What kind of stories about the Glucose testing. i didn't realize it was that big of a deal. I just hope I pass. Yeah it is coming up soon for you, it will be here before you know it. I can't imagine going to doctor every 2 weeks and then once a week wow.

hate to say it but you might want to start getting a bit ready. but I am sure it will all fall into place when the time comes

Yes I am excited about the nursery, at least it's something to focus on as the weeks pass.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search