Rcjh12 and bobbiejo1982

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Enjoy getting to know each other!

January 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for this.
January 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Thanks =) Hopefully I've got my thread subscription set right!
January 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hey rcjh12!! how's it going?
January 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Good! Made some baked potato soup for dinner and baby appears to approve How are things for you?
January 3rd, 2013, 06:09 AM
YUM That sounds good, hope you enjoyed. Doing well. Working 10hrs days this week so it doesn't leave much time when I get home in the evenings that much but glad it's already Thursday!!
January 3rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Ahh, that makes for long days =\ What do you do? And yes, glad this it is Thursday already ... had to get used to the whole getting kiddos up early for school thing again.

When is your next appointment? Mine is next Tuesday, which is when we'll schedule my anatomy scan I think. It'll probably be sometime the week of the 21st. I more excited for my kiddos to see the baby than anything.
January 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Yes it does but I get most weekends off. i am an equipment mechanic at a Lock and dam on the Mississippi River. I do lots of various maintenance tasks as well as track things and order parts. I forget if you said you were a SAHM or not?? I live in Wisconsin and forgot to ask where you were? yes back to school already but can u believe that it's half way done already?? WOW

My next appointment is next Wednesday, just a checkup I guess. Then I get to schedule my big U/S so I am thinking first week in February. That will be so neat for the kids to see. i am excited myself to see baby and for my So since the only ultrasound I've had was at 6 weeks so really seen nothing then lol.
January 3rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I'm in KS and yep, SAHM. I had planned to go back to school/work when both kiddos were in school full time, but looks like that is going to wait a little longer now It's been a sacrifice to make it work, but I love it.

haha yeah, we had an US at 6 and then 8 weeks, and there really wasn't a lot to see at either one. Well, I shouldn't say that because we saw the heart flickering <3
January 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
Yes that is what i seen too but it will sure be exciting to actually see baby this time

i wish i could stay at home but I own my own home and have a really good job that pays really well, there is just no way i can give it up.
January 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I completely understand that. We have been fortunate that my husband found a job that pays decent and is close to home. If that wasn't the case staying home wouldn't be an option for me.

I missed, but are you crafty/making anything for the baby? (I'm so scatterbrained lately =\) I crochet and have made a few things. I really want to reteach myself to sew because I have a quilt I want to make, but I just don't see that happening.
January 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
I wish. unfortunately I do know know how to knit, crochet, anything. I would really like to learn. i am not the greatest at sewing either. Although not to say that i wouldn't mind learning some of these things sometime.
January 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I taught myself to crochet after my oldest was born. I watched all kinds of videos online and went through LOTS of trial and error. I learned to sew in high school but that didn't stick =\ I have a sewing machine and fabric and whatnot, but nothing ever quite turns out like I planned, lol
January 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Ya i need to get a sewing machine. I have an old bulky one but it's too complicated for a beginner. My stepmom and my So know how to do all that thou...i am sure they will be making some things. I should have them teach me. But working fulltime I don't have a lot of time for that at the moment.
January 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Just wanted to drop you a note that I might not be around much this weekend. My DH is off work so we're doing the family time thing. Hope you have a great weekend!
January 5th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Ok! Glad you get to have some family time!! Enjoy your weekend!
January 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Hope you had a good weekend. Ours was pretty lazy. My oldest had a birthday party to attend, but that's about it. I'm trying to soak up as much laziness as I can before June

My next appt is tomorrow, but I'm almost dreading going. I went to the clinic with my DH today and there is so much sickness going around. They provide masks and hand sanitizer for anyone with flu-like symptoms, but no one was using them. My luck would be to get sick just from sitting out in the waiting room. Sorry, had to vent.

How are you feeling?
January 8th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hi! I was wondering how your weekend went. I had a pretty lazy weekend too. I'm trying to enjoy that now while I can too. this weekend thou I need to get grocery shopping and maybe start cleaning out the spare room to prep for baby room.

Ugh good luck at the doctor. that doesn't sound fun just because there is so much sickness going around. Good luck I hope u don't catch anything, use lots of sanitizer.
Besides that how is everything going??
I am feeling pretty good. No really sick or too tired. I have an appointment tomorrow (Wednesday) that I am looking forward too. then I get to schedule my big appointment.
January 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My appointment was ... interesting, haha. I made a post on the main board, but basically the doctor got worried when she couldn't find the baby right away, and apparently she makes me nervous and causes my blood pressure to go up. *shrugs* BUT, I did have one of the first appointments so I didn't have to worry about avoiding a bunch of sickies.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! We schedule my US for the 29th. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours =)
January 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Yikes that would of freaked me out. Glad you didn't run into too many sick people. Is that your big U/s then. I know you are team green but that is still the big one right?
I am thinking that mine will be the first week in February. Thanks I am thinking this appointment should go smoothly as it's just a checkup as far as I know, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search