Nopennyroyaltea and enchantingdragon

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Enjoy getting to know each other!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi again! How are things?
January 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things are pretty good. I'm getting tired all the time again though.. And I'm having some horrible cramps (which are from the placenta previa problem)..

How are things with you?

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 4th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Im good. Tired too. Its hard when you have another baby to take for. Is your daughter excited about the new baby?
January 5th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Very very excited.. She likes to put her hand on my belly and talk to the baby

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Is your son excited about the baby? Or does he know yet?

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
He is starting ton get the idea of a baby I think though I dont really know how much he truly gets either. We have been telling him he is going to be a big brother and mommy has a baby inside her belly for a bit but he never seemed to get it. He has been to a few ultrasounds and seen the baby and at the last one this week he saw it and went inside mommy's belly. Also the other day he lifted up my shirt a little and said no baby here so I had to tell him it was inside. I think he might be getting the idea a little but he is still young too. I have a book to read him but he doesnt seem to care for it much and I might try to get another one or two to see.

What did you do with your daughter to get her to understand and be excited?

Any new pains with this pregnancy?
January 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Well, with Lillie (my DD), it helps that her dad and his girlfriend had a baby a year ago in Dec, so she knows what it means when we say there's a baby in mommy's belly. Plus, she's a little older too, so that helps (she's 3.5).

OMG, the horrible cramping is new this pregnancy.. I know why now, but it's been awful for almost my whole pregnancy. And I've had some groin pain this time around, which my doc says is common. She (my OB) just had her second child about 5 months ago, so she's really understanding and sympathetic to what I'm going through. Although I am a little concerned about the placenta previa, I know that unless she's really worried, I shouldn't be either.

What about you? New pains? Did you have a hard pregnancy with Drake?

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Oh I didnt realize you had placenta previa. Thats where the placenta is blocking some of the cervix opening right? Do they check to see if its moved at every appointment? what happens if it doesnt move by the time labor starts? Do you hav to do a C-section

I had a relatively easy pregnancy with Drake, no morning sickness. I bled with Drake though from 6 weeks to 13 weeks. I thought I was miscarrying again (I did years ago with a surprise baby) but Drake was fine. I had to see the Dr a lot for that first trimester though so I had a lot more blood draws and ultrasounds to check on him. Obviously he was fine and it just stopped one day as mysteriously as it came.

This time no bleeding thankfully though I admit had it happened I probably would have thought that was just what my body does when pregnant. No morning sickness again but more hunger and nauseousness I feel which sucks. Also I developed sciatica with this one it seems so no fun. Also exhaustion but other than that Im lucky, easy pregnancies.
January 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM
They just discovered the previa at my u/s 4 weeks ago and I haven't been back to the doc since. I have an appointment on Wednesday and she'll probably send me for an u/s within a week or two, and it will prob be my anatomy scan since I'm already over 18 weeks. She did put me on pelvic rest until the appointment this week, so we'll see what she says. They said the major cramping I've been having is due to the previa and it hasn't stopped, so I really don't think it's resolved itself yet. But yes, it's partial previa, which means that a small part of the placenta is blocking a small portion of the cervical opening. I guess we'll find out what the options are if it doesn't move..

On another note, my SO is driving me crazy and making me feel like I've lost my mind.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Oh wow I hope everything goes well and it shifts on its own

By the way I didnt know you already knew what you were having! Congrats on a little boy, boys are so much fun! Aidan is a great name! I loved that name so much because I liked a character from Sex in the City so we named our 2nd dog that when we got him as a puppy.

Whats going on with your SO?
January 8th, 2013, 01:15 AM
My SO can't seem to handle my mood swings and hormones (this is his first baby) and a lot of times, he makes me feel like I'm crazy, instead of just hormonal and pregnant. He really stepped up to the plate today (Monday) though. I had a horrible migraine all day, but I was managing it quite well most of the day. But around 6ish, my mom (who lives with us) was making dinner and I was really excited about it and she started complaining that it wasn't turning out right (SO and I were both laying on our bed) and she came in and asked what we wanted to do. I said I didn't care because, at that point, my head hurt too bad for me care about much of anything. So he got up all frustrated and said he needed to go cook something because apparently if he didn't, then no one would be happy. I told him no one was unhappy, and he asked "so what's wrong with you then?" I told him, for the fifth time, that my head hurt, so he told me to get some rest and left the room and shut the door. Well, I laid there and cried and cried and finally he came back in (didn't know I was crying til then) and asked what was wrong, if it was just my head. I said yeah and he went and got me some of the medicine the dr prescribed and some iced coffee for me to take it with and told me to just rest and let him know if I needed anything. Well, I laid there for a few minutes and then I smelled the sausage that was supposed to be part of dinner (and I was starving) so I got up to eat. Was up until 8ish and finally went back to bed cuz my head was getting worse again (hence why I'm up at 3am). He came in and offered to get out my pajamas and was gonna tuck me in and everything, told me again to let him know if I needed him. (As a side note, I have to say, I got one of those eye masks that you put in the freezer with gel inside it and that was SO soothing, it gives relief for two out of four things that really plague you when you have a migraine: light and heat)

I am really lucky to have this darling man, even when he drives me crazy and can't handle my moods. He really steps up when I need him.

And thanks, I am so excited to have a little boy! I've always wanted a son.. And DD is getting used to the idea of having another little brother. She's pretty excited actually, even though she really wanted a sister.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 8th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Aww Im sorry you werent feeling well. Sounds like you have a pretty good SO even if he doesnt get woman sometimes lol They are all like that though so what can you do? I hope you are feeling better today. Do you get migraines in general or is it related to the pregnancy?

Did you have placenta previa with your daughter? Does it happen with every pregnancy or just some?

Boys are a lot of fun and they are very sweet and cuddly and mama boys despite what people think. I wanted a boy for my 1st though he was a surprise and we didnt know till he was born but I couldnt be happier with him and if this one is a boy Ill be excited again (or a girl Im fine with either)
January 8th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I've dealt with chronic migraines since I was about 15 or 16. I wish they were only pregnancy related.

This is my first experience with placenta previa and hopefully my only one. I'm sure it's one of those completely random things. My pregnancy with my daughter was perfect! Except the 55 pounds I gained and the horrible stretch marks.

I can't wait to enjoy this sweet little boy. My daughter is kind of girly but kind of tomboyish at times too, so I know she'll get along great with a brother. And as a baby, I know she'll be awesome

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
My dad also dealt with constant migraines for as long as I knew him (he passed away this Sept on my birthday) and I think he had it when he was young too so I can understand. My dad slept a lot when they came and preferred the dark as well.

I gained 40 with my son but he was a big baby too, 8 lbs 8 ozs

Yes youll love having a boy, I adore mine and cant imagine wanting anyone else but him
January 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingdragon View Post
Yes youll love having a boy, I adore mine and cant imagine wanting anyone else but him
That's how I feel about my DD.. She's a perfect copy of ME..

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Haha my son is my DH except for the strong Asian looks since my DH is Caucasian. Personality wise though he is more like him than me
January 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
My DD looks exactly like me, acts exactly like me, she even talks in her sleep like I did. And some faces she makes are SO me!

This is her and I on NYE

And right before Easter

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hope you're having a good weekend.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Awww you guys are beautiful!!!

I did have a good weekend. I was super productive which is rare for me especially when this pregnancy wipes me out and I need to nap for hours. I like baking things for Drake since I find it hard to get him to eat veggies and such but if I make muffins and stuff with them in it he will eat it. So this weekend I was able to make peanut banana cookies and zuchinni bread. I also made breakfast both mornings and got laundry and grocery shopping all done for the week. I also started making some decorations for Drake's room ( we moved so Im doing a new theme for this bedroom) while I wait to see the gender of this new one. How about you?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search