Beatlechicksteph, DaniB +3, and Joanne Nicole

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Enjoy getting to know each other!

Last edited by navywifey2003; January 18th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
January 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I sent you a PM back when I was on vacation, but I'm home now! I hope you got it! I can't wait to get to know you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*waves* Hi Joanne!! I can't wait to get to know you!!

I'm a first time mom, and I live in Florida, where I'm a substitute teacher and my DH is a Latin teacher. But we're currently looking to move, hopefully closer to family, since we feel we're in exile down here.

January 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I don't know why but I don't have any PMs. But I want to come say hello! I look forward to getting to know you!!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 22nd, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*waves* Hi!! That's weird about the PM thing. I'm glad you're here though! Hope everything is going well for you!

January 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh. I asked for this like 2 weeks ago and then I never even checked to see if I got added! I'm sorry ladies! Total slacker. I'm really looking forward to getting to know both of you!

I'm a 27 (28 next month) year old stay at home mom with a little girl (Fiona) who just turned 5. We moved to the Toronto area last summer to be closer to my family, and we are living in my Dad and step-mum's house right now while we try to save up for our own home. I'm due June 3rd and find out the gender TOMORROW!! Can't wait!

January 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How exciting!!! I bet today is going to be the longest day ever, but I hope it flies by for you!

I'm 27 also, and I'm a part-time substitute teacher. I was working with special needs kids, but I worked with kids who exhibited violent behavior, so I quit before we got pregnant. Some weeks I work every day, and some weeks I don't work much at all (Like this week, tomorrow is the only day I'm working).

January 24th, 2013, 07:25 AM
You know, it's funny...I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I want to start buying and decorating, and we can't do that until we find out the gender. But I'm feeling kind of zen about the whole thing. I'm not super impatient to find out or anything. Maybe it's because my mommy instinct is telling me strongly that it's a boy, so I kind of feel like I already know, I'm just confirming. But who knows? I could be totally shocked tomorrow, find out it's a girl, and then it'll just be a great surprise.

I thought I wanted to go into teaching at one point - did about 2 semesters of classes working towards it, but decided it wasn't for me. Story of my life, haha...I've started so many career paths, but none of them were for me. I just love being a stay at home mom, and thankfully my husband has a good enough job that we've been able to make that work for us. Definitely not easy, we scrimp and save every penny - hello, we're living with my parents! But I just plan and dream about when we'll have our own place, and I contribute by helping to save money on grocery shopping and bargain buying and whatnot.

My dream is to have a house in the country with room for a huge garden where I can harvest and preserve oodles of delicious food. I also want to raise chickens and goats! I prefer things that are grown and made from scratch, and to live more naturally...but it's really hard when you're living in someone else's house, and you're in the city! Just a few more years!

January 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know the feeling about wanting a house. We've been living in apartments, and all I really want is a house, with a yard, so I can grow a garden. I've tried growing vegetables in pots, but it just doesn't work out as well as actually growing them in the ground. The only problem about living here though, is there's no soil! Everything is sand! So if we settle here, I don't think I would be able to get much of a garden. It's one of several reasons we're trying to move. That and cost of living here is TERRIBLE! (hello living in a vacation/tourist town.) And since we're going to try to live on a teacher's salary only, we need to move somewhere compatible with that.

And God bless you for living with your parents. I don't think I would be able to do that. At least not long term. I would go crazy.

January 24th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Oh, believe me. I AM going crazy. We've been here for 9 months. I've never lived at home for this long since I was 17. The house is small, I have almost no control over anything, and my dad is the most difficult person I've ever had to live with. But living here allows us to save $2000-$3000 per month, which is amazing. I just have to put up with this for a few more years and then we can get my dream house in the country! The cost of living is insane here too.

Have you thought about doing raised beds for gardening, to combat the sandy soil? Compost+top soil would probably work. You said you were hoping to move closer to family? Where's that?

January 24th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I have been looking into raised beds for gardening, and if we're here another year, and end up renting a house, I may make that a project for me to start, small scale, since I wouldn't want to do something large in a place we didn't own, and would only live at for a short time (hopefully).

My family lives in California, DH's family lives in Iowa. So right now we're trying to move somewhere in between, or at least in driving distance of one set of parents. DH is applying to some jobs in Iowa, Texas, Utah and Colorado. And hopefully more will pop up as the school year starts to wind down. I'm just a little worried, because last year, DH got pinkslipped and then rehired...on the last day of school. I can't handle that kind of stress in May, so I want us to have some options.

January 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I hear you. Living near family is important. DH isn't really that close to his family, but I'm very close to mine, so our choices were Toronto or Arizona. After living in AZ for 8 years, I was sick of living in the dessert, and all of my siblings had moved here to Toronto. My mom is still in AZ, but I don't think she'll stay long now that all her kids have moved away.

There was a time that we really wanted to live in Colorado - it's beautiful there. Utah is beautiful as well, but very very conservative, and it's not easy to live there if you're not Mormon. I was raised Mormon, so I know, they're not the most inclusive bunch, and if you're not looking to be converted then you'll be an outsider.

In 2010, DH got laid off his job of 10 years, right after we decided that I should be a stay at home mom. It's actually what prompted us to move here...nothing really holding us in AZ once his job was gone. It took so long to get through the immigration process for him though, that it was almost 2 years before we were able to move, and he had gotten a good contract job in the mean time. I think it's going to work out for the best though. As much as it's hard living at home right now, I know that's only temporary, and I really do love my family. So it'll be great to live close to them (but not with them).

I'm sure things will work out for you guys. But I know how stressful it must be for you with all the uncertainty, and a new baby coming along.

This is your first, right?

January 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, this is our first. And right now I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed, with the preparations, and getting ready...all on top of the fact that our lease is up June 30, so no matter what happens, we have to move. So we're either moving somewhere in town, or to another state...all with a 2-3 week old. Luckily my parents are coming out and they're going to help us with whatever we need to do, so yay for that!

January 24th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah, that's super stressful. We had to move when DD was 6 months old, and that was rough. You're just going to have to really rely on your parents and DH to do the majority of the work, since your job is recuperating and taking care of Arthur.

January 25th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Good morning, ladies! My elective 3d ultrasound is this afternoon! Fingers crossed for a cooperative baby!

January 25th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!! Crossing all fingers and toes!! Mine wasn't cooperative at all for his first gender scan (a "quick peek" took 30 min...), and he was curled in a ball and sleeping. The second time I downed orange juice right before, and he was wiggling around Good luck!!!

January 25th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Good tip! The lady who called to remind me of my appointment said to drink something cold and sweet on the way over to make the baby more wiggly...I didn't even think about OJ - I'd rather drink that than a pop or something.

January 25th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, our tech told us after the first time, drink OJ *right* when you walk in the door for your appointment. It worked for me, so hopefully it works for you!! *crosses fingers*

January 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM
It's a boy....woooo!

January 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woooo!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search