I have an appointment this morning

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By rcjh12
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
..........and I have no desire to go. Man I really need to shave my legs...

January 3rd, 2013, 05:08 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Leg hair should just stop growing when you get pregnant, seriously! Good luck at your appointment today.
bobbiejo1982 likes this.
January 3rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the above post! haha. My relationship with my SO is still new enough that I regularly shave my legs...it's a pain! I can't wait til I can just stop. Haha.

January 3rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I I have another appointment this morning as well. running late of course. Hope your appointment goes well!

January 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Good Luck at appointment!
January 3rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
First time mommy :)
Hey don't feel bad. I haven't shaved my legs in 5 days. Too much work. :-)
January 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I have an appointment this afternoon but I'm excited to go only because I get out of work early!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
LOL my last apt I didn't realize my legs looked like Sasquatch appendages until they were up in the stirrups. I was like "Oh, uh.... sorry about the unkempt nature of my legs. I've been lacking in the motivation department lately." My OB jut laughed and said "I've seen worse!" I had to laugh, too!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Tania! Hugs hun!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you get checked each appointment? My cervix was checked for the first appointment and that was it. Now I get weighed, blood pressure, listen for the heartbeat, measure the uterus, ask questions and out the door I go.

haha that being said....shave my legs? silly girls with my almost 3 year old I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes alone for shower time much less leg shaving time. He always finds me!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did get checked every appointment leading up to this, so i rushed to shave my legs and didn't wind up showing them off, go figure.

I was super crazy pukey this morning (3x!!) and my mom drove me to the dr because I didn't think I could handle driving with has sick as I was and she came into the office with me so I didn't talk about my depression infront of her, because she is one of those people who don't believe it is a real thing and people should just get over themselves and she has a big mouth like I do, so if i brought it up I was pretty sure if i brought it up she would of butted in and said something insensitive to tick me off.

Look at that awesome run-on sentence.

So I popped like a ton of blood vessels in my face being sick this morning and my usually very clear beautiful olive portuguese skin looks more like a white girl with a lot of dark red freckles, and the Doctor took mercy on my soul and prescribed me some Zofran.

I went to get it filled. 30 pills....848.00!!! Sweet baby Jesus!

Lucky the insurance ate the entire cost but geez!!! These better be frickin magical.

January 3rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to see one of the doctors at the practice I go to for some issue...I can't remember what. But it meant that he had to look at my ankles or something. But I hadn't shaved my legs in WEEKS. I was bright red in the face and apologized profusely. He looked at me with a confused expression and said "It's totally okay. I have a wife. I've seen it before"

lol!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yikes, I'd heard Zofran was expensive, but that's crazy.

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to talk to your doc about your depression, and really sorry you don't feel your mom would be supportive.

Hope you feel better!
sunnydaze likes this.
January 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank goodness you got the Zofran! By this time tomorrow you will feel MUCH better! I recommend purchasing some chocolate whey protein powder and drinking a glass of that with every meal for the next few days. Even though your vomiting will stop, your nausea will continue on a smaller scale and the protein will help defeat that.

I also recommend you drink a bunch of gatorade to help with any dehydration.

Give yourself about a week or two to get in a better place physically (get a lot of rest!) and then make a separate appointment about the depression. When I was going through the worst of my morning sickness (and then got really bad bronchitis on top of it) I was was pretty depressed and angry. After a few weeks post-Zofran and breathing treatments I feel in a MUCH better place in the head. I do intend on talking about it with my doctor because i've read that depression (for any reason) during pregnancy ups your chances for depression in the post-partum phase.
sunnydaze likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 3rd, 2013, 01:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I hope you feel better soon! Huge hugs lady!

January 3rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
LOL my last apt I didn't realize my legs looked like Sasquatch appendages until they were up in the stirrups. I was like "Oh, uh.... sorry about the unkempt nature of my legs. I've been lacking in the motivation department lately." My OB jut laughed and said "I've seen worse!" I had to laugh, too!
Hahaha, this was so my first appointment! It had been entirely too long! I felt soooooo gross!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search