Agreeing on names!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Why is it so hard to choose a girls name??

I am LOVING Ava Grace, so so does everyone else apart from DH!

Have you decided on a name and does DH agree, will be glad when we have our gender US, only 5 weeks to wait!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

January 4th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have not, but I am also contending with all my friends and family tossing in their "suggestions". I have to come up with a tactful way to say "OH H3LL NO!"

January 4th, 2013, 11:17 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
We will get more serious about baby names after our u/s (in 2.5 wks!) but so far, every name I have suggested, my husband says he doesn't like. I have probably suggested 20+ names! When I asked him what he liked, he said he hadn't thought about it... frustrating!
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

January 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just like last time, I had to suggest about 6,000 names before we could agree. We still don't know what we're having yet, but we've finally settled on names for both. Henry for a boy--we've both loved it for a long time and for years it was a no-brainer, but now it's skyrocketing in popularity and I'm not happy about that. Still, it was the only boy name we could agree on and I still love it, plus it's a classic name so if it gets super popular I'm okay with that. A girl will be Greta, a name that was a lot easier to come by for some reason. Last time it was girl names that stumped us.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM
that is exactly what my DH says, ANNOYING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Just like last time, I had to suggest about 6,000 names before we could agree. We still don't know what we're having yet, but we've finally settled on names for both. Henry for a boy--we've both loved it for a long time and for years it was a no-brainer, but now it's skyrocketing in popularity and I'm not happy about that. Still, it was the only boy name we could agree on and I still love it, plus it's a classic name so if it gets super popular I'm okay with that. A girl will be Greta, a name that was a lot easier to come by for some reason. Last time it was girl names that stumped us.
this is girls name too, we are set on a boys name, we had this problem last time round too, girls names are hard to pick!!

i have however got MIL on my side she loves the name so its 3 against 1

January 4th, 2013, 11:55 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have agreed on a first name for both genders but neither of us can come up with middle names. In the end, if it's a girl I want Anna Jane after my grandmother, but he's not sure about Jane. But her name will certainly be Anna. As for a boy, it's Anthony after my SO and his dad and his dad's dad, but the middle names always change so it's not a junior. We'll see what happens!

January 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We won't even discuss it until we know the gender - 4 weeks from now! LOL

January 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We took forever on a boys name we got it now, now just to verify the gender.

January 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had names for the first boy and first girl picked out before we were even married so there haven't been any decisions to make!!! Lol

January 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I don't agree at all really. The names we did agree on, he says he thinks he's "sick of them" now because we have talked about them so much. Really!? Haha. I'm not pressing the issue since we don't know what it is yet, but once we do find out, I will be making him have serious name discussions with me!
January 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Super Mommy
i'm stumped on girls names too! i've been reading (and RE-reading!) my baby name book constantly. nothing just feels 'right'. as for a boy i'm almost positive we have it picked out. we find out the gender in less than 3 weeks and i want a definite name for both by then! with my son we didnt pick out his name until 2 weeks before i gave birth and it was so nerve racking- not doing that again!
January 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I have been writing a list of names down and one day I saw my husband had added some of the WORST names I have ever heard. So no we don't agree haha

January 4th, 2013, 03:01 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We aren't even close to having names picked out. We won't start discussing more seriously until we know the gender in 2 weeks. We tentatively have middle names picked out because they are family names (Ann for a girl and James for a boy) but they could change if they don't flow well with the first name we pick.

January 4th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Regular
We have a boy's name picked out already! Christopher Clayton after the SO and his dad's dad. But we will call him Clayton. We're having the hardest time coming up with a girl's name though! I can't wait to find out gender!
January 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the record, I think Ava Grace is absolutely beautiful and classic. Very timeless. It will never sound dated. We haven't had this problem tho. DH is the fourth, so it was agreed before we got married that if we have a boy, it will get his name and be the fifth (really important to him). For my part, I get to choose girls' names and he doesn't get a say. So I pick a name before we find out the gender so it's fair. DD is Anna Elizabeth and if this is a girl, she will be Lena Pearl, after my grandma. Pearl is certainly not the best name ever, but she will prob want to drop it when she gets married anyway.
January 5th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Thanks, i Have got MIL on side who loves tha name too and it looks like DH is coming round to the idea!!

January 5th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We have agreed on names pretty easy. Hubby really wanted a Swedish name and there are some really cute and unique Swedish names out there. The middle names were pretty easy: Brooke which was my middle name before I got married and Thomas after my husband.

We were thinking of Ava, even though its not Swedish, but we chose differently. But I still love the name Ava! And it goes great with Grace!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search