Heartburn already?!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started having heartburn this week . It's still pretty mild but the the thing is, I absolutely never have heartburn unless I'm pregnant. In fact, the first time I had it with DD I called my mom crying because I thought I was dying since I didn't know what it was lol. I'm just so bummed its starting already. Like everything else, I don't remember it starting so soon last time. I get excruciatingly awful heartburn with all my pregnancies so I'm just bummed that I have so many weeks to look forward to of this

January 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also never get heartburn unless pregnant. It happened way later last time though but got really bad to where I had to sleep sitting up. Now, it is already starting for me too.

January 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ive had it for a few weeks now and I'm like you I don't get heartburn unless I'm pregnant! I can feel stuff burn as I eat it sometimes ugh!

January 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Veteran
Don't feel bad that you called your mom! I had my first heartburn episode in the middle of the night. Well my husband was working nights then so me and my mom actually took a trip to the ER cause it was scary and painful lol now I know better!! I'm the same too only when I'm pregnant! Tums are always on the bedside table!
January 6th, 2013, 08:13 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Heartburn was my first symptom of pregnancy, a week before I could have gotten a positive pregnancy test. It subsided for a while and came back this week. I invested in a BIG bottle of Tums early on. It's so strange to me b/c I didn't have heartburn once when I was pregnant with DD. My pregnancies could not be more different.
January 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had heartburn since about 9 weeks. My OB told me I could take Pepcid Complete. I take 2 every morning. No heartburn. Tums just weren't cutting it.

January 6th, 2013, 09:07 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad I'm not alone!

One thing I hate about the constant heartburn (aside from the pain) is when people insist that it means my baby will have lots of hair. I had miserable heartburn with both of my other kids and they could not have been anymore bald...I feel like its physically impossible for me to have a child with hair lol

January 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post
Glad I'm not alone!

One thing I hate about the constant heartburn (aside from the pain) is when people insist that it means my baby will have lots of hair. I had miserable heartburn with both of my other kids and they could not have been anymore bald...I feel like its physically impossible for me to have a child with hair lol
Hahaha I get that a lot too. The funny thing is, I developed heartburn WAY before the baby would be developing hair. Some people still insist. "But, my wife had heartburn with both of our kids and they both had a ton of hair." Ok great, then it MUST be true.

January 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had heartburn before I got preg with DD...and unfortunately it didnt go away completely after i had her. I have had a few days at the beginning of my pregnancy but i know its bound to get horrible again

January 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep...I had heartburn with DS & I have it with this baby too. Tums is never out of stock at home or my purse. But its worse at night & sometimes keeps me up or from falling asleep :-/ DS has a mop load of hair too We could actually see it in one of his u/s, lil curly q's all over the place. Sure enough he was born with lots of curly hair...people joked it like a wig on him and that he had more hair than his daddy!

January 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, I have it too. And I RARELY get it unless I am pregnant. I can feel it boiling in my throat to the point I am sure it is going to come completely up. I went to the store yesterday to invest in the GIANT size bottle.

January 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have heartburn now too, but I did have it before I was pg also . It is a little worse now than it was. It is definately worse at night, and I am sleeping elevated, otherwise I know it would bother me all night. I also had it pretty bad with my first pg, but not too bad with #2.

January 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had acid reflux since I was little, but I had to go off of my medicine when I found out I was pregnant. I chew tums off and on all day and then take a Zantac extra strength at night so I can sleep. it still bothers me a lot and I can't wait til I can go back on my prilosec! You are definitely not alone!

January 7th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I've been having some on and off....nothing too bad though
January 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get heartburn occasionally when not pregnant and when I get it, it's BAD! I've never had mild heartburn. I hadn't had it during pregnancy until last night. It was the same pain as usual, but I couldn't lay down or it would feel even worse.
January 7th, 2013, 03:10 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
it kicked in big time this week for me too! it's awful and I am not looking forward to sleeping sitting straight up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search