Vent

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 08:14 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Why do people need to comment on the sex of my baby? Just because I have two girls already doesn't mean the only reason I got pregnant was to finally get a boy. Why does having one of each sex automatically make the perfect family? Why can't I want three girls? I find nothing wrong with that. The sex of this child really makes no difference to me. This baby will be a perfect fit for our family regardless of gender. I'm just annoyed at the strangers who feel the need to tell me that I should be praying to get that boy. Okay, vent over.
LisaS, CCR, SassySami and 8 others like this.
January 6th, 2013, 08:37 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you, but the opposite gender. I have two boys, so I must want a girl. I'd be happy with either. And if I DO get a 3rd boy, it does not mean I'm going to "go for the girl" and have a 4th child. I feel your pain. LOL

January 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs ladies. I hope the comments stop, I can't believe people strangers especially.

January 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* My mom got those comments all the time when she was pregnant with my youngest sister. Everyone assumed since she already had two girls, she was "trying for the boy." I hope people stop being rude to you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 6th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Veteran
I think ALOT of people's comments can be really insensitive. I get a ton of comments or hinting at not knowing about contraception... Or are we crazy?? Ha ha ?? ... HAVEN'T figured out what's causing that yet?? My dad literally said well I guess four is ok?! Like ***.. People don't think. Why wouldn't you love a baby for being a baby!! Yes it's true there can be gender disappointment but that doesn't mean it's theirs to comment on! Hugs ladies
navywifey2003 likes this.
January 6th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping in from the July DDC. I have two girls. First comment from everybody on Facebook was "So ya hoping/trying for a boy?" Nope, just wanted another baby and at that point I was actually kind of hoping for a girl-three of a kind Which I told them in my replies. Now husband has decided this is the last baby and is hoping for a boy so I'm hoping he gets his boy. It is annoying that the general assumption is a person only has more than two kids because their trying to get "their boy" or "their girl". In my case it seems the whole family is rooting for a boy. What's so wrong with three of a kind? I was surprised that my MIL is hoping for a boy since she had four boys, no girls, and was so excited when we had the girls that I figured she'd be for more girls.
January 7th, 2013, 04:09 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is my biggest pet peeve!! I see it all the time when people announce gender on facebook, others comment, "Oh well, you can try again next time for your ________" I am only on my second child, my first was a girl and I am already getting comments about people hoping for a boy and it is very annoying to me.
KellBell2621 likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think this right here contributes to why I feel so bad about the idea that this baby might be a boy too. Everyone around me keeps going on and going about how they hope it is a girl. I wish they would shut up already.

January 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Super Mommy
ugh i know what you mean! i'm only on my 2nd (1st was a boy) and so many people say 'oh i bet you're hoping for a girl this time!' and i'm like 'not really, either way i'll be happy. i just want a healthy baby!" my sis in law was shocked i didn't care what the gender is. she's goes ' that's so weird you guys dont care what youre having. everyone i know wants a girl.' really?!? i didn't get the memo that you have to have a boy and girl to be happy. geesh!
January 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
So irritating!

My first two are boy/girl. When I was pregnant with #3 I actually had a stranger (why are all the jerks at walmart?) ask why I wanted another baby to RUIN my PERFECT family.

Grrr....

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got a lot of apologies when I found out I was having another boy. Jocelyn is not my DH's biological child so this is his second boy. Yeah, I had gender disappointment, which I told no one about but ppl on here.... why do they feel the need to be SORRY for me? He looked healthy, happy and I know he is going to be gorgeous! Why in the WORLD would you be sorry for me?! Grrrr...
navywifey2003 likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The u/s tech this morning asked me if we were going to try again for a boy about 15 seconds after telling me this baby was a girl. And I was clearly super excited for this to be a girl! Yes, 2 girls and I love it, ok?! That is one of the reasons I waited to announce to the world until after we knew. I am sure that strangers will make comments about it when it is obvious that I'm pregnant since I already have a girl. I think people just assume they know how other people feel. I don't know that it's malicious in intent, just ignorant. But annoying, none the less!
January 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! I feel the same way. I get annoyed by the comments like "Oh you're carrying so high you must have at least one boy in there." or " Oh your craving _______(fill in blank) in must be a boy/girl" or "You'll have a dream about it and you will know for sure before you find out." REALLY?!?! Because I've had about a million dreams and sometimes its two girls, sometimes two boys and sometimes one of each...so what do I just pick my favortie and then I "know for sure" and the carrying high and food comments REALLY REALLY bug me...I'm so big and carrying high because its twins and they are stacked on top of each other...and I am eating this all the time because I'm flipping hungry...again having twins. I eat a lot..period.

HAHA I gues I needed to vent too.
January 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I got a lot of apologies when I found out I was having another boy. Jocelyn is not my DH's biological child so this is his second boy. Yeah, I had gender disappointment, which I told no one about but ppl on here.... why do they feel the need to be SORRY for me? He looked healthy, happy and I know he is going to be gorgeous! Why in the WORLD would you be sorry for me?! Grrrr...
This is me. I did share my disappointment with my mom, who understood because she went through it with my sister.

January 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
"You'll have a dream about it and you will know for sure before you find out."
With DD, I had 2 dreams that she would be a girl before I found out and she was. But last night, I had a dream that this baby turned out to be a boy. Then the u/s this morning clearly showed a girl. I think it's hilarious that people put that much stock in dreams. The odds of your dreams being right with one baby are 50/50. I guess in your case, it would be something like 33/33/33. Anyway, people are goofy!
January 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
This is only my second, but I can relate. I have one girl and would love another, but all I hear is, "It is definitely a boy, look at the way you are carrying." I don't get it either. Why does the "perfect family" have to have a girl and a boy? I would find it pretty perfect if we could reuse all of these pink toys and clothes! I will be happy either way, but it really is annoying when people start making comments that aren't necessary.
January 7th, 2013, 05:37 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ugh! I feel the same way. I get annoyed by the comments like "Oh you're carrying so high you must have at least one boy in there." or " Oh your craving _______(fill in blank) in must be a boy/girl" or "You'll have a dream about it and you will know for sure before you find out." REALLY?!?! Because I've had about a million dreams and sometimes its two girls, sometimes two boys and sometimes one of each...so what do I just pick my favortie and then I "know for sure" and the carrying high and food comments REALLY REALLY bug me...I'm so big and carrying high because its twins and they are stacked on top of each other...and I am eating this all the time because I'm flipping hungry...again having twins. I eat a lot..period.

HAHA I gues I needed to vent too.
I got that too early in this pregnancy. Literally EVERY old wive's tale said girl! What I was craving, how I was carrying, what my dreams were... everything. My mom was like, how can that be? How can they all be wrong? I felt like saying.. "Well see there is an X and a Y chromosome... " LOL. Of course I just shut my mouth, though.

January 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Yep, right there, too. Obviously we only got pregnant again to try for a girl, right? Ugh, I get so sick of it. I will not be disappointed with another boy, and anyone who is can just plan on not getting to see the new baby anytime soon.
January 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know my husband sometimes says that to friends because HE was like that. He really loves out DD, but he was DYING for a boy. I think strangers just say that to have something to say...it's dumb, but maybe they're just trying to make conversation.
January 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

HAHA I guess I needed to vent too.
Haha I know I cant wait to find out what your having almost as bad as I cant wait to see what Im having...I think its awesome you are getting two after all you went thru!

Although the dream thing I dreamt both with DD....alot more girl than boy tho. But i had a "feeling" she was a girl cuz i had a dream where my gran who had passed was giving me a girl. So I was taking it as more than a standard dream but as my gran sayin she was watchin over the baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search