BTDT Moms Baby Talk

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree28Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so we have given our FTMs some things to expect with Birth and what items stink and what is a must have.

But we need to talk babies to help get them excited and us more excited.
Whats your fave part of the baby years...toddler years..and older kid years(depending on your little darlings age)

What are you most excited for again with this baby?

I love that moment when they are first born as a FTM and you are a mom and you first feel that overwhelming love for YOUR baby.
I love watching my daughters excitement over discovering new things that we take for granted. Her joy over snow...or the moon and stars is just adorable.

I am excited to have the cuddly newborn stage again. And to see DD with a little sibling.

January 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the floppy newborn stage! And how they smell--AMAZING! I also really love the first time you put them in front of the mirror and they get the BIGGEST smile on their face when they see themselves. <3

Then in the toddler stage, I love love their first words and when they start putting sentences together I remember Gabe's first sentence. I was changing his diaper and he put his pants over his face and said, "Where's Gabe?" LOL. I will never forget that. Jocelyn used to call the show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, "Mickey House Scub-Mouse"

Sooooo excited to experience all these moments all over again with this baby. It truly is what makes life truly amazing!

January 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Haha that is cute!! My DD calls both Mickey and Minnie as Mi Mou
MrsLat likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby years: the sweet smell of a newborn and the floppyness
Toddler years: watching as they learn new things every day..

I'm excited to see DD with a little sibling that she cares to interact with, I know she'll be great.
MamaSkunk likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Newborn: The sleeping on me. And I loved seeing her sleep on DH's chest. That was her favorite place to sleep as a newborn.

Baby: That first smile, the real one, not the gas one. I was able to get a pic and it is one of my favorite pics.

Toddler: The first unsolicited, "I love you." Melts my heart every time, but the first time, oh man...

I am really looking forward to how she is as a big sister. She told me this morning when I told her we were going to see the new baby's picture, "Go get the baby, right now!" She doesn't like to wait for anything!
mommyandwife08 and MamaSkunk like this.
January 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also a big fan of the newborn smell. I also love newborn lips. So tiny yet so expressive. Both of my kids have the same nose and I love how even as newborns my lips fit just perfectly on the bridge of their nose. I absolutely love kissing them sideways there...I'm actually guilty of still doing this with my 5 and 2 year olds.

Toddler stage: I love the drunken mobile phase. They want so badly to go everywhere and they are so excited they don't care how many spills and tumbles they take.

I am looking forward to seeing Jaleigh in her "mini mommy" mode again. She was so attentive and helpful with Kiefer, even when I didn't want her to be she would rather tend to her brother than play when he was a newborn. I'm honestly nervous about Kiefer's reaction lol!
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby stage: I love new baby smell. The faces they make is also one of my favorite. Every now and then one of my boys will make the same face they did when they were a newborn and it just melts my heart.

toddler: I love the first real hug they give you. The way their little hand fits into yours.
MamaSkunk likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love how newborns curl up their bodies when you lift them up ...lol. And the sweet sleepy stage the first few months. And yeah, watching all the firsts happen and see them develop and learn.
January 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
babies: the bond. The whole "I need my mom and no one else really does it for me" months. The skin under their chin is super super soft. The first smile is heartmelting.

toddlers: You will do everything you've ever done all over again for the first time. Going to the beach, sledding, waterparks, everything is a new adventure...even if you have done it before. Christmas is way better too.

Older kids: Their first big win playing organized sports. Their first big loss. Their first day of school. The first skinned knee. The first sleepover at a friend's house. They first time they have their own sense of fashion and how they want their haircut. Watching them behave in a social situation with the morals and compassion you have worked so hard to instill in them.

(I recently watched my almost 12 year old kid leave a group of kids to play alone with a smaller younger boy who was being bullied by the crowd. I had never been so proud to be his mother as I was in that moment. He didn't know I was watching from the window. He probably didn't even know how big of impact and how good of thing his behavior and character was in those moments. He just brought his legos outside to play alone with the young boy.)

January 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I sat staring at DD for at least a week, thinking how incredible it was that we created her. I love all of the cuddle time that you get with a newborn. I love when they peacefully sleep on your chest. The first smile will melt your heart!

The toddler years have been pretty amazing! We certainly have our share of meltdowns, but I am constantly amazed at how quickly DD picks up and learns new things. They are seriously sponges, hearing and watching everything. I love listening to Reagan talk and explain things. It is also fun watching her interact with others.

I'm pretty surprised that I haven't had a real "favorite stage" yet, because it just continues to get better and better as time goes on. I can't wait to see what changes this new little one will bring. I hope Reagan adjusts well and falls head over heals for her new baby.
January 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
(I recently watched my almost 12 year old kid leave a group of kids to play alone with a smaller younger boy who was being bullied by the crowd. I had never been so proud to be his mother as I was in that moment. He didn't know I was watching from the window. He probably didn't even know how big of impact and how good of thing his behavior and character was in those moments. He just brought his legos outside to play alone with the young boy.)
I wish i could more than like this...I love this!!! I recently watched my DD do a similar thing at a indoor play area....there was a little boy her age with Downs and oh gosh he was soo cute...but all the other kids were avoiding him cuz he wasnt walking yet....and DD went over to him...sat down n played with cars n blocks with him. I love love how sweet and innocent little kids can be.
Tania you have a right to be proud of alex!!! He really showed them bullies in a good way!
mommyandwife08 and sunnydaze like this.

January 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tania reminded me...I also love watching personality develop in older kids. My daughter never ceases to amaze me. Her sense of fashion is developing (and it is wild lol) as is her sense of compassionate and empathy. Makes me very proud.
MamaSkunk and sunnydaze like this.

January 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Regular
As a newborn, the smell, of course!! And how they just know that you are mom, and no one else is. If they cry when someone else is holding them, they give the baby back to you, and the crying stops.....it's amazing. I loved this age, there are SO many wonderful things about newborns!!

As a baby, the first real kisses, sloppy, and wide!! The way their eyes light up at new things, colors, lights, animals, kids. When they finally show interest in things other than boobs.

Toddlers, they love to explore and learn constantly. They are little sponges that soak up everything you expose them too. They learn independance, and develop a personality. Its remarkable!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I love feeling proud over every little thing your child does....even the bizarre things..I never thought Id be proud of poop until the first time DD pooed in her potty hahaha I was so proud of that and couldnt help but laugh that i was proud of poo.

January 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooo...so many things! My diary is now filled with nothing but gushing. I don't even talk about my hopes and dreams anymore. It's all about my crazy love for my son, lol.

Let's see...as a newborn there is the smell, of course. I loved holding him so that his face was against my neck and as I breathed in his scent my neck would would be warmed up by his gentle puffing, lol. I'm tearing up just thinking about one morning where I just held him for an hour or more breathing him in and playing with his hair on his neck, lol.

No matter how tired you'll be with this baby you KNOW you're going to go into their nursery and pull them out and rock them while they sleep. I still do this to my toddler! As long as he is in a deep sleep he doesn't mind, lol.

Long before they can smile they recognize you and their whole faces just LIGHT UP when they realize that it's you. With my son it was like he turned into a turtle. His neck would streeetch out, his eyes would be wide, and his mouth would open and close quickly. All this limbs would just go waving like crazy. If I didn't pick him up in a few moments he became very upset.

My little guy was born thinking he was older than he was. We always knew when he was DYING to try a new skill because he'd get so PISSED. First it was rolling over. Then it was crawling. He calmed down a bit after learning to crawl because NOW he could get to where he wanted to go! But then walking, eating, climbing, taking apart and putting back together MAN. He shuns all the little kid slides and equipment. From 1 year on he only wants to go on the BIG slides. We took him to the Indianapolis Children's museum for his first birthday and he had a BLAST. He was into EVERYTHING.

I love his curiosity. It's like he wants to drink in the world. We got zoo passes as a Christmas gift this year and I'm SOOO excited to take him. He's going to flip
MamaSkunk likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 7th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE chubby newborn cheeks. I can't stop kissing them. I also love the newborn baby snuggles I get when I wrap them up on me. And aside from what it does to my sex life, I love nursing. So convenient and such a great bonding time.

Toddlers...I just love watching them move and talk and interact with their toys or other kids. Chubby little legs running here and there can keep me entertained for hours.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
newborn stage: realizing what unconditional love was for the 1st time. the 'look' they give you when they are fresh out...how they know you already of course the newborn smell!

toddler: the innocence they have in their expressions. When they 1st start to talk where you can understand them but not where they can talk back yet. Watching them plot naughtiness hahaha! I could go on and on! Oh I love when they have a complete meltdown around 2 years old and the faces they make to where you cannot stop laughing!
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 10:22 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
Newborn: The undying need for you and only you. I'm a sucker for it. I also love the cuddles. And the smell, duh.

Baby: Smiles, giggles, watching their wheels turn in their heads when they learn something new.

Toddler: Personality! Seeing them become actual "people." I love their first little words and sentences that come out with that little toddler lisp.

Older: My twins are 9 1/2 years old and I just adore everything about watching them become young ladies. It's not always easy to watch them struggle with navigating things like body image, friendships, social interactions, the newfound awareness of boys, etc., but they make me incredibly proud with their innate goodness. They both have huge hearts and fantastic senses of humor. And they STILL adore me. I know those days are coming to an end in the next few years so I will soak them up while I can!

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I love everyones responses. Its taken me awhile for this pregnancy to seem real but with all this talk im starting to get super excited!

January 8th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the first time they sing along with the radio. Or dance in the car when their favorite song comes on.

Sebastian likes "Sexy and I know it" and he sings along when he can.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search