Getting to Know You

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Rochelle
I'm a semi-decent artist. I like doing sketches of ppl but I have other mediums I have worked with, painting, ect..

Also, I can play the flute.

Both of those things were more-so from highschool (marchingband) but I still enjoy them when I make the time.
January 8th, 2013, 08:20 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'm also a music lover, my ipod has a little bit of everything on it! I love to read, mostly romantic suspense, and love reading on my nook! And I'm obsessed with TV - since DH and I are living separate with each of our parents until we find a housee, we decided to sign up for hulu+ (we suspended our directv)...and it has NOT helped my TV obsession!! LOL Not only can I watch all of my regular shows (like 24 of them! But I've added NEW shows! HA I'm currently watching season 1 of Downton Abbey!
QueenCrafty and MamaSkunk like this.

January 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do Ukrainian egg dying as a hobby.

I don't eat any kind of meat that has bones in it (wings, ribs, tbone).
4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.

January 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to a fine arts high school, and majored in Theatre in University, and had a short career as an actress. I still love the stage, and participate in community theatre whenever I can. In the last few years I've been in productions of The Importance of Being Earnest, Into the Woods, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Les Miserables.

A few years ago I started an online bakery boutique called A Gaggle of Goodies. I made and sold gourmet meringues in super cute packaging. The business unfortunately got put on hold when we decided to move to another country, but I'm hoping maybe in the next year or so after the baby is born that I can start it back up again.
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 11:07 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulsunrise View Post
Something about me: I love books and collect them. I have stacks upon stacks in just about every room!
I read every chance i get, but had to get a kindle cos books were taking over our spare room, its not the same though!
MamaSkunk likes this.

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

January 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm a total nerd. In high school I was in concert band, played with the orchestra for performances, marching band, private clarinet lessons, and concert bands and orchestras that require auditions. Then I decided to switch from marching band to the color guard/flagline. Then I added winter guard which is indoor flagline without the band. I was also VP of the Astronomy Club. Now that I'm older, my nerdiness comes out in my love of the past. I wear a Renaissance costume I made myself to our Renaissance Festival (I also made the girls' costumes). My favorite books are classic British literature like Pride & Prejudice and Jane Eyre. My favorite movies are period films. Some of my favorite tv shows are The Tudors, Downton Abbey, and a new favorite called Lost in Austen where a modern woman accidentally time travels and switches places with Elizabeth Bennett of Pride & Prejudice. DH cannot handle my nerdiness. He is so not a nerd. I still haven't figured out how we got together
January 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very eclectic and like to dabble in a lot of things - art, cooking, gardening, photography You name it and I have a finger of interest in it.

I have a freakish memory - to the point where I have to forget things about people so I don't creep them out.
January 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post

I have a freakish memory - to the point where I have to forget things about people so I don't creep them out.
This is me too. I remember people from Kindergarten if I see them in Wal-mart, their names, and things about them. They would never remember me. I've always felt weird about it.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I volunteer at a homeless shelter every week. I really enjoy speaking with the various people I encounter and some of the stories really touch my heart. I also always buy McDonalds for the homeless man outside my local walmart everytime I go haha
MamaSkunk likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Expecting #1 July 2013 <3
My husband recently (June 2012) just got out of the USMC after serving for 8 years, while he was in he was stationed in CA which is where we met, where I'am from. He is from Iowa, we moved back here in July and I will be honest I hate it. lol I miss my family and the Ca weather, I'am NOT a fan of the winter weather here especially driving in it, im a whimp! :/
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 04:08 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKlobnak View Post
My husband recently (June 2012) just got out of the USMC after serving for 8 years, while he was in he was stationed in CA which is where we met, where I'am from. He is from Iowa, we moved back here in July and I will be honest I hate it. lol I miss my family and the Ca weather, I'am NOT a fan of the winter weather here especially driving in it, im a whimp! :/
I don't blame you! I'm A a CA girl too.

January 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an attorney. As some of my work can be very intense, I love to scrapbook as a creative outlet. I painted murals on my second son's bedroom to relieve stress, as well as an underwater scene in the kids' bathroom. Not professional in any stretch, but a fun creative outlet.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search