Getting to Know You

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree60Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 02:38 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we have some new members that are lurking!

Lets get to know each other better. If your new here come in...hop in...dont be shy.
Tell us about yourself!!
For our more active members...Tell us something about yourself we may not know!

I probably should have been a veterinarian as im not afraid of any animal. I used to run a reptile rescue dealing with iguanas and snakes and all measure of creepy crawly thing before DD came along. When i was 4 i caught a wild mouse in my plastic tea set and tried keeping it as a pet til my mom discovered the mouse. Ive been a foster mom to dogs n kitties escaping abusive and neglectful situations. And rehabilitate puppy mill rescues and dog fighting rescues until they are fit to be adopted. I love love love animals!
4hearts, crawmommy and Kim3 like this.

January 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Um, something I don't think I've mentioned on here yet, is I'm a writer. I've written 1 complete novel, and 2 incomplete ones. I'm currently working on a second draft of the first novel right now. I'm really hoping to get it either a) finished or b) mostly finished before the baby comes so I can start sending it to publishers over the summer.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
January 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
I love extreme sports. I've been sky-diving, bungee jumping, wake boarding, skiing, and snowboarding. I do want to paraglide at one point in my life.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am an avid music lover and will give any kind of music a chance.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPennyRoyalTea View Post
I am an avid music lover and will give any kind of music a chance.
Me too!

January 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Me too!
SO has introduced me to a bunch of new music since we met. I love it

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Same here!!

January 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I am a very shy person IRL. People question why I am so out there and I clam up and then retreat somewhere to cry.

January 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Something else y'all don't know about me: I've lived in 13 states. Alabama is the only one that I've been in for more than 3 consecutive years.. (just hit the 5 year mark the end of Dec)
4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
January 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am an old movie junkie. Katharine Hepburn is my favorite actress of all time. I was crushed when she died when I was in high school. I can't get enough of old movies. I have gotten DH into them, as well, with actors like Humphrey Bogart, Edward G. Robinson, and James Cagney. Looking for a good movie this weekend? Tell me what kind you're looking for and I bet I can recommend one you will love.
January 7th, 2013, 05:35 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm also a big music fan. I absolutely adore live music and going to shows and concerts are one thing DF and I love to do together. We go to all sorts of rock concerts, live blues jam sessions, and all sorts of music festivals.
MamaSkunk likes this.

January 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Regular
I love music, all kinds as well. Depends on who I`m with as to what I listen too, really. By myself its anything, but with my mom or DH, its country. With my neices or SIL, its pop, with my grandma, its gospel. I love it all.

I was also a competetive figure skater, actually an Ice Dancer for years. I love to skate!

January 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
Something about me: I love books and collect them. I have stacks upon stacks in just about every room!
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

January 7th, 2013, 07:23 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulsunrise View Post
Something about me: I love books and collect them. I have stacks upon stacks in just about every room!
I love books also. I cannot go into a book store without leaving with at least 3. I love finding the small little book stores while I am out driving. I have a kindle but I cannot bring myself to use it as my primary way of reading. There is just something about feeling a book in your hand that I love.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyandwife08 View Post
I love books also. I cannot go into a book store without leaving with at least 3. I love finding the small little book stores while I am out driving. I have a kindle but I cannot bring myself to use it as my primary way of reading. There is just something about feeling a book in your hand that I love.
I do too. I cant bring myself to just read from a Kindle....I love an actual book. And I love the smell of older books that ya buy used...its like they each have their own unique booky smell that alone tells a story of where its been before you. I have a few that smell of incense or herbs that were bought from little shops that still have that smell years later.
I have 8 floor to ceiling bookshelves and they are all full.

January 7th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Veteran
I'm 26, married for 5 years with my fourth on the way. From my hometown I have zero friends who have babies. And one friend who is married.

When I gave birth to my first, I literally moved the day we got out of the hospital to my new home in my husbands home town. He had gotten a job here about 2 months before baby was due.

I'll have lived here for 5 years in June.

I'm glad my husband is my best friend and I will always be happy as long a we are together. But it can be very lonely here too and I still miss everyone I left.
I get along well with moms from my area but in a farming community people are busy and alot are working off the farm so people are homebodies. I find it really hard going home too because our lives are completely different.

I'm REALLY REALLY enjoying this Ddc and could have used you all with my first three! And I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it!

Not sure if this really falls into the topic lol!
edgeofelise, 4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.
January 7th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am VERY frugal and always have shopped for the best deals my whole life and in 2011 while DH was deployed I started hardcore couponing like extreme coupon style. Couponing isn't the best where I live but I try

January 7th, 2013, 09:59 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I collect monopoly games. Yes I am a nerd. And I am obsessed with true crime documentaries and books.

January 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
DaniB+4's Avatar Super Moderator
I'm a horror movie/TV fan. I love getting the bejeezus scared out of me, though it's rare that I find a movie that genuinely scares me anymore.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

January 8th, 2013, 07:29 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Don't know if ya'll know this... I provide the music for our parish. I choose the music, play organ, and sing (with my daughter) for every Mass. We live in a tiny parish (around 20 registered families, mostly older couples). I took piano lessons as a kid, but never played organ until Father asked me to give it a try. I earn $40 per Mass, so I guess I'm technically a professional musician.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search