Birth Plan

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 3 Post By Karenna
  • 5 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
Have you started on yours? Are you even doing one? Are you already finished?!

I freaked myself out today by convincing myself I should already have it done and should have already talked to my doctor about it.
January 8th, 2013, 08:16 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to have one for sure, but I haven't started it yet. I feel like what I want might change between now and closer to my due date. Right now I am 100% set on a fully natural birth, but I've been dabbling with the idea of IV meds (not epidural) if it's just too much to bear. I haven't decided and don't want to write up a birthplan that needs changed 100 times over the next 6 months. Haha. I'm a first timer, though, so I don't know when it should be done by or when most people have them done.

January 8th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never had a birth plan with my kids. The plan was to give birth and breast feed. Do what I felt was the best idea at the time. That was about it.

This time, I plan to show up in time for my scheduled Csection, hold my breath until I hear the first cry, and then breastfeed. I plan to leave the hospital as soon as I can and not be bullied by my husband into staying that extra day.

January 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No birth plan here. I didn't have one with either of my son's. I am okay with getting an epidural, especially if i have to be induced again. And I want to breastfeed as quickly after birth as I can. Besides those things normally I have talked to my doctor about my other concerns like avoiding a c-section and tearing again (i had a bad 4th degree tear with my first son). If something comes up then I will let them know what I want at that time and my DH normally knows all my preferences should something happen. I have never felt the need to right it all down though.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
January 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's pretty easy since we are planning another hb so no IV, or epi but we do go into details about where to transfer if needed, should we register at the hospital before hand in case ect. Other than that its pretty much mine and my husbands call. The midwives work with us not for us,'and if something is outside of normal we transfer.'
4hearts likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a birth plan written out but DF and I have been discussing how I would like things to go this time around. I'm depending on him to keep me strong in case I get crazy in the heat of the moment and ask for an epidural (I have had two failed epidurals and the experiences were awful). I'm depending on him to remind just how awful it was and not to let them pressure me into anything...however, my dr and nurses have never done that in the past. My dr has always been great in the past about discussing all possible scenarios and what my preferences are weeks before I am due. I plan on immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding ASAP.

January 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
My birth plan is A: Show up at the hospital...B:Get Spinal/Epidural....C:Have a c-section
January 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My birth plan is to do pretty much what I've done the last few times. Get through labor, have baby, take a shower, drink a beer, go to bed. IOW, we are planning a homebirth.

The only reason I would need to make a birth plan is if something comes up between now and then to make us decide it would be better to birth in a facility.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

January 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Rochelle
I need to update the one I have from the last birth. The birth plan is something that's rather a big deal to me considering I want to try a natural; c/s but my OB thinks I should work that out ahead of time with the hospital staff and that he'll go along with whatever, it's the hosital that may be uncooperative. So, that's stressful. I don't even know exactly how to go about talking to anyone and how am I supposed to know who will even be there when I go into labor (hoping I do). I can see that if I don't go into labor by the time my scheduled c/s falls which I will push back as far as possible (due to my babies staying at "Casa Uterus" 2 weeks overdue all the time) but otherwise??? I really do need to have something printed out to hand ppl. Happily this time it wouldn't be an emergency situation (vaginal birth that didn't progress) bc I'm sure we're having a c/s this time and no attempt at vaginal birth so I should have plenty of time to get the staff to do what I want.

I think a babycare plan for immediately following birth is super important too. But, we have specific wants in this area so that's why.
January 8th, 2013, 01:03 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I didn't have one with my first two, but I've started working on one for this time around. One of my biggest concerns is making sure no unwanted visitors show up during labor/delivery. Seems like I silly thing, I know, but this very thing caused problems with my first.

Other than that I have a few things added, but nothing too overly thorough yet. Probably within the next month or so I'll really look into it and start discussing certain aspects with my doctor.
January 8th, 2013, 01:20 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I had a great big birth plan, on paper, plastered around the room for nurses, etc for Connor...and it all went straight to hell over the course of 48 hours! lol This time, I plan on having a VBAC, and I will try my hardest to avoid the repeat c/s. I will play it by ear as to whether I decide on any drugs, though I will try to do it all natural. I'm hoping I found the right doctor in FL that will help me have that VBAC and I'm just hoping things go more smoothly than they did with Connor!!

January 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
My birth plan is pretty simple...
1. Pray my water breaks and this baby comes a couple weeks early like DD.
2. Go to the hospital.
3. Have a baby as pain free as possible. (Bring on the epidural)
4. Breast feed shortly after baby arrives.
5. Go home ASAP with an adorable new baby so I can get some sleep.

DD's birth was seriously that simple. I could not have asked for a better experience. I hope and pray the second one it that easy. I feel like I should mentally prepare myself for the worst, but the thought frightens me too much. I will just put it in God's hands and hope for the best.
January 8th, 2013, 03:21 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to have a birth plan, but I don't want it to be too particular, or else I'll be upset if things don't go as planned. There are some things that I am adamant about, and will make sure that everyone involved is aware of them.

January 8th, 2013, 06:02 PM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I'm in South Carolina, where in order to have a vbac, it has to be in the hospital. Thankfully MUSC is vbac friendly. My first I was threatened into a c-section because it was xmas eve and it was getting close to dinner. I've spoke with other ob's that said there was no reason for me to be induced, nor for me to have the c-section after induction.
I used Hypnobabies the first time around, just for pain management and it was AMAZING. I couldn't afford to actually buy everything, but a good friend was a class instructor and she helped me a bit. I plan on purchasing the Hypnobabies home study and using that, even though I am having a hospital birth. I wanted all natural the first time around, and I hope that I get that this time around. But, you know, things happen.
There are so many things that I want different from protocol, I'm really glad I had my birth plan last time, especially post birth stuff. This time, dh won't be traveling the 5 hours to the hospital this go around, so he'll be here for everything to make sure our wishes are followed.
Uh... I'm just going to go ahead and start working on it, lol... next appointment I plan on asking a huge list of questions about vbac procedure/required vbac procedure and then at my next appointment having a finalized birth plan to present. My mind is going crazy and I'm rambling. Sorry!
January 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiemommy View Post
I'm in South Carolina, where in order to have a vbac, it has to be in the hospital. Thankfully MUSC is vbac friendly.
Florida, as well. Which I did NOT know, I was SO excited to birth with midwives at the birthing center and then found out that crappy news and was SO disappointed! But I've done some research and I think I've found a great OB who is very pro-VBAC and will help me achieve it! Good luck to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search