Baby showers

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochelle7 View Post
Funny you say that bc just now I was just chatting with a friend and mentioned Mom and I kinda jointly planning it and said friend just took over acting like she was throwing it. It's hard for me to let go and let others plan things bc I'm a control-freak planner by nature, LOL.
I'm sure it will be fun no matter what.
Just let it go. I promise, the day is going to be wonderful even if it isn't exactly what you had in mind. You have so much other stuff to stress about with baby on the way, leave this one to someone else. It is a gift in itself, so have a good time.
January 9th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Rochelle
Yea, I plan to. Might as well since it will be the only time I've had any kind of a shower. I didn't even do a wedding/bridal shower.

I told Mom about my friend wanting to help and she was like "let her!" and I said, "Oh, I will!"
January 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Are you having one? If not, why? Nope. We may have a meet the baby type of thing where people can bring diapers but I'm not sure yet. I really want to do some sort of meet the baby party but we don't really need gifts. I just want to share the baby with everyone!

What # child is this for you? Baby #4!

Have you had one before? If so, how did it go? What would you change? Yes, I've had three! My best friends threw me one with each baby and I was so thankful for them. I wouldnt change anything!

Do you have a theme in mind? NA

How many people will you invite? NA

Is it women only or co-ed? I've had two co-ed and one women only

Children invited? They were at all mine

Are you team blue, pink, green or yellow (don't know yet)? We don't know yet

What month do you want to have it in? I've had showers in July and November

Anything else?
4hearts likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you having one? If not, why?
No, because a) I don't enjoy them and b) we really don't need anything!

What # child is this for you?

Have you had one before? If so, how did it go? What would you change?
Yes. I had a family one that was lovely but had some awkward family drama. I am the oldest grandchild on that side and the first baby-haver of my generation so all my aunts were really excited to buy baby girl stuff it was nice though! Then a really awkward one thrown by my husband's coworkers who barely knew me and I got a lot of stuff I didn't want or use from people I didn't know (though I acted very happy and wrote nice thank you cards obviously!). But they *really* wanted to throw one... I felt like I couldn't say no. It was a generous effort on their part and I did it more for DH's office harmony than anything.

Do you have a theme in mind?
N/a

How many people will you invite?
I would keep it small if I were throwing one

Is it women only or co-ed?
I would do coed if I did one

Children invited?
Yeah sure, make it a party!

Are you team blue, pink, green or yellow (don't know yet)?
Blue

What month do you want to have it in?
I think it is best to have them in the 3rd tri sometime but not too close to your due date

Anything else?
The best baby showers I have attended are small intimate ones where people give really thoughtful, needed gifts. It sucks when it's too random IMO.

Just curious as I've been toying with having my 1st shower ever and this is my 4th baby so yea.

Thanks!

If you want one, you should have one!!! After 3 dry babies it is time
4hearts likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search