First Time Mom Registry

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 2 Post By bribugg13
  • 2 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know we've had threads about best and worst baby items, but can we start one on- What should be on a FTM's baby shower registry? I'll be taking notes, so let's get started!
AKlobnak likes this.
January 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Ummm, everything?? LOL I had such a great time going through BRU and Target and scanning items! Everything I thought was super cute and looked fun, I scanned! lol Seriously though, other than the big items, I would say:

If you plan on having baby use a bottle, I would register for one of each type of bottle/nipple. Baby may not like one over the other, it's all about what baby prefers.

They say you can never have enough burp cloths or swaddle blankets...Yes...Yes you can!! I have some that I don't think we ever even used! Baskets full of them...crazy amounts. You really can have too many!! Especially if you're like me and didn't end up swaddling anyway!

If you're going to be BF'ing, it doesn't hurt to register for things like breast pads for leakage, nipple shields, lansinoh creams, etc.

It seems everyone wanted to give a soft, cuddly baby blanket, I don't even think I registered for any and I have drawers full of them! I already got a new one for Christmas for the new baby from a family member!

January 8th, 2013, 01:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh the blankets lol. When I'm not mobile I will have a more details answer

January 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Best items: swing and bouncy chair

when registering for bibs and burp clothes get ones that are absorbent (carters makes great bibs and we used gerber cloth diapers as burp cloths) most of them suck and dont absorb anything

wipe warmers are useless

January 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Be sure to put the big items on there, even if you aren't expecting anyone to actually buy them for you. 1. Someone might suprise you and buy it and 2. Sometimes the store gives you a percentage off things on your registry that people didn't get for you. We saved an extra 10% on our crib, swing and carseat that way and it saved us a lot of money.
mommyandwife08 and bribugg13 like this.

January 8th, 2013, 05:38 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Check each stores registry return policy. Target used to require a receipt, period. While Toys r us and Buy Buy baby will allow any returns for items on the registry. I also recommend one box store (toys r us, buy buy baby and then either an online registry like amazon or target.

Register for all the stuff because people will surprise you.

I agree that you will get more swaddle blankets and wash clothes than you know what do with. Keep some in the package so you can return if you need to. Same for clothes, especially for girls. Keep the tags on them until you are ready to use. No kid can wear 423 newborn outfits. And since we have summer babies - they will be in onsies more than anything at first.

Even though I am particular about bath products, I didn't register for any. I did return most of what I received for about $60 store credit.

If you are going to or ulna feed, put formula on your registry. That stuff is expensive!

I am sure I will thing of more things later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search