Boy Mom or Girl Mom

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Girl mom, all he way. I just do not know anything about boys, and neither does DH. We also live in a cramped apartment in the city and I'm a total agoraphobe, so I don't have the energy to deal with a high-energy boy. It'd be a lot easier if we had space for kiddos to run and play, but the city and ESPECIALLY our nasty neighborhood is just not conducive to that. DD is great with being indoors and playing with her dolls and stuff, and I'm terrified our next kid will need a lot more stimulation than I can give. I know girls can be wild, too, but in my experience they're happier playing quietly than boys tend to be.
My daughter is nothing like this This sounds more like my two sons. Its amazing how different they all are.

January 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a boy and I love playing with him and being with him. With that said he isnt a typical boy boy either in my mind. He isnt as wild and active as most boys, he is happy to sit and color, read, play with his letter books, etc He doesnt have an overwhelming interest in all things that move (cars, trucks etc) and isnt into balls that much either. When we go out he move but he stays close and isnt climbing or touching a ton of things. He is curious but is more timid Id say and reserved. So in many ways I dont know if this is the typical mom with a boy experience either. I would be fine with a more active tumble kind of boy as I was like that as a kid but I also like to read and color and he does too so it works for us. Id love to do princess stuff as Im a girly girl nowadays (more tomboy as a kid) but Im not sure what would be better for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofelise View Post
Girl mom, all he way. I just do not know anything about boys, and neither does DH. We also live in a cramped apartment in the city and I'm a total agoraphobe, so I don't have the energy to deal with a high-energy boy. It'd be a lot easier if we had space for kiddos to run and play, but the city and ESPECIALLY our nasty neighborhood is just not conducive to that. DD is great with being indoors and playing with her dolls and stuff, and I'm terrified our next kid will need a lot more stimulation than I can give. I know girls can be wild, too, but in my experience they're happier playing quietly than boys tend to be.
Drake is more like this. He likes to color, read, play with letter books and blocks. Most of the time he stays close to me and just plays by me even when we are out. When I take him to Gymboree class he isnt running and climbing (he actually doesnt climb anything) like the other boys (and some of the girls) Today in class he sat with the girls mostly and played with a puppet while the boys in the class ran around.
January 9th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Super Mommy
Even before I had kids I knew I was destined to be a boy mom. I grew up with two little brothers and was raised mostly by my dad. Monster trucks, motorcycles and mud are in my blood. I was never too girly until I reached adulthood, even now I'm not too girly. My boys tend to be pretty high energy and can pretty destructive but they've gotten much better with age. They're (almost always) very well behaved in public settings. They do need to get out of the house nearly everyday to play, and they love to climb on stuff! I think I could definitely use a more laid back kid this time around, but based off the little girls I know (my nieces) I don't know if I can handle the drama! Plus I know how I was when I was a teenager and God help me if I have a daughter like myself! That being said, I'd still really love to have a girl and I'm game for handling it all.
January 9th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I always wanted a girl but im not sure i'd ever consider myself a good "girl" mom haha I like doing my hair and makeup and wearing heels and dresses when the occasion arises but i'm not very girly in general. Luckily for me DD despises pink, likes sharks and dinosaurs more than princesses etc. But we still have to have the occasional tea party haha And honestly she loves painting her nails and I really have grown to enjoy doing "girly" things with her. If this one is a boy i'm curious to see how I will be as a "boy mom"

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search