Boy Mom or Girl Mom

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Do you think you are, or will be, a better "boy mom" or "girl mom"? For me, I knew right away that I would make a better "boy mom". I'm kind of scared to have a girl! LOL My Mom will actually have more fun if I have a girl, I think. She can't wait to play dress up, have princess parties, pretend make-up, go shopping, try on shoes, etc. lol That's just not me! And I guess that right there just goes to show that having a girl, doesn't mean she will be a girly girl (I'm not really!) But I just feel, for now, that I connect better with my son than I could if I have a daughter. For all the stereotypical reasons, I love being a boy mom! Girls scare me! ha ha

January 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I love both. I have strengths for each gender. Katelynn can be a princess one minute and in the mud with her brothers the next. It really depends on the child and not really the gender IMO.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
I am scared to have a girl. My sister got a cool, tom boy girl like me and I know I would get a whiney, prissy girl like my sister haha
crawmommy likes this.

January 8th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rochelle
I think I'm better equipped at being a girl-mom but mainly bc I grew up around nothing but girls. Didn't have guy-friends. No siblings. Spent time with my mom but not my dad. I've never been girly but always have been around girls so I understand them loads better.

However, I've always desired to have sons over daughters bc I never got that growing up and they are just the cutest little things. DS and I have a great relationship.

My DD's and I can be irritable with each other. But we are very close.
January 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl mom, all he way. I just do not know anything about boys, and neither does DH. We also live in a cramped apartment in the city and I'm a total agoraphobe, so I don't have the energy to deal with a high-energy boy. It'd be a lot easier if we had space for kiddos to run and play, but the city and ESPECIALLY our nasty neighborhood is just not conducive to that. DD is great with being indoors and playing with her dolls and stuff, and I'm terrified our next kid will need a lot more stimulation than I can give. I know girls can be wild, too, but in my experience they're happier playing quietly than boys tend to be.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

January 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Little girls intimidate me. When I was teaching my own classroom I much preferred mostly boys to mostly girls. When you hear crying from a pack of boys you know it's because they got rough. When you hear crying from a group of girls it will take you an hour to sort through all the drama to find out the root cause, lol. That, and I can't do hair for the life of me.
4hearts likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

January 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
It really depends on the child and not really the gender IMO.
I totally agree, but everyone's answers are cracking me up! I thought I was the only one afraid of girls! ha ha

Oh and Connor is one to be quite content to play with his toys on his own and keep himself occupied for long periods! It's awesome! lol

January 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Girl mom because that's all I know. I have two girls, I only have a sister, and I had only nieces until last year when my sister had a boy. But my two girls are total opposites. Lily is the prissy bossy girl who doesn't want to get dirty and always listens the first time. Abri loves dress up but she's all over the place high energy all the time
January 8th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Little girls intimidate me. When I was teaching my own classroom I much preferred mostly boys to mostly girls. When you hear crying from a pack of boys you know it's because they got rough. When you hear crying from a group of girls it will take you an hour to sort through all the drama to find out the root cause, lol. That, and I can't do hair for the life of me.
True story! While I dearly love DD she is DRAMA already at 4!

January 8th, 2013, 08:45 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've always wanted a girl to name after my grandma, but I feel like I'd be a way better "boy mom". Little girls scare me and I've never been very girly. My niece is 3 and already using play make up...that scares the crap outta me! Lol. I'd rather play with trucks and dinosaurs and get dirty outside than play with barbies any day.

January 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it depends on the kid. But as far as my kids go, I relate to DD more. Maybe it's just the age but somedays I feel like crying just at the mere thought of another little boy like DS. He is so destructive and loud and high energy...I'm a very mellow person and he is a lot to handle. I know girls can be like that too but in my experience Kiefer and one of my brothers are the only humans I've ever met with this particular personality lol.

January 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say girl mom... But I guess if I have a boy I will have to become a boy mom! Haha.
January 9th, 2013, 02:32 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I'm both I relate to Nolan a lot more then the girls, we are very close and having amazing bond.

But then my girls are just like me, TOM boys. They do not play dress up, no dolls, no pink. They are all about sports!!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now I'd say I'm an awesome girl mom! Only because I have 3 young ladies at home. Who knows if I'll be a good boy mom. I'm sure I will be...I hope anyways if I have a boy.
January 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
I guess I'd say boy mom because I have a boy right now. Plus I have 2 brothers so I'm more familiar with being around boys in the house. BUT...I have 7 nieces, so I've been around little girls a lot too. I think I'd be fine being a girl mom

January 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Boys....I am team mom for the football team. Mat mom for the wrestling team. I know boy stuff. I know Star wars, I know Halo, and I know power rangers.

January 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl mom because that is what I am right now!! I cannot picture having a little boy but I think I will rock being a boy mom too!! LOL

January 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I have two boys and one girl and I think I'm a pretty darn good mom to all of them so I'm going to say both. I love playing with trucks in the mud and I love watching my boys play sports just as much as I love playing Barbies, cheerleading, pageants and dress up with my daughter
bribugg13 likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a boy and a girl now, and i hope I do ok... but I think being a girl mom comes more naturally to me b/c I had all sisters, and most of my hobbies/interests would be considered "girlie" I think, and more easily experienced with a daughter!

January 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'd have to say a girl mom since I have 2 girls. I am nervous to have a boy because it will be completely new to me but I hope its a boy none the less

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search