Frustrating dr appt yesterday

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Steph625
  • 2 Post By pamela.burke611

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
If it wasn't for the fact that I love my ob, I'd switch offices! Had my third appt with her yesterday and I had to take very deep breaths.
My first appt took over 3 hours....most in the waiting room...because they said I was a day late for the appt. I don't think so!! They said they called me and left me messages. I did not receive one missed call nor a message. But I was grateful they were able to get me in.
Second appt was good. Nothing major happened. Had to give a urine sample to be sent off to the lab...
Between the second and third appt, I had to get a tooth extracted. I had to call 3 times before I went to the dental office for them to fax a consent to get my tooth pulled. They finally did so I showed up at dental office and the consent didn't have specifics...after I told them exactly what it needed to say. So I had to call again while in the dental chair, waited an hour.
Third visit (yesterday), I signed in and was told I didn't have an appt. this is where my deep breathing exercises came in handy. I calmly got my appt card out of my wallet and handed it over, explaining this is second time this has happened and I will not wait 3 hours this time around due to work. They did get me in...I was out within half hour. But while I was there, I was told my urine from last visit was labeled wrong so didn't get results and had to give another sample. Then was told I gained 22#. No way. I was told my starting weight was 150, that's what was documented my nurse. That's just not accurate because I remember the nurse adjusting the scale to the 150 tab then adjusting the little tab on the top. The office just doesn't have it together...at all. But I LOVE LOVE my ob!! Ugh!!!!
After this baby, I will return to my career of nursing and just may have to take over the nurses job in that office. I have a much better bedside manor!
crawmommy likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 06:59 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Oh my gosh I would have flipped my ****!! Did you tell your ob? write a letter to the head of the office.. I had to do that and stuff changed!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow. yeah, I liked my OB too, but I hated everyone else. I just switched doctors because of it. Hopefully they get their act together for you.

January 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that seriously sucks!

January 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
I can't believe that happens to you! I would seriously complain. No one deserves for those kinds of things to happen and I hope they get it together for you. Also, I agree that you should take their job after baby comes <3
Karen78 and Steph625 like this.
January 9th, 2013, 08:49 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
That sounds totally aggrivating! I am glad you like your OB and hopefully that will make it a little more tolerable there!
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

January 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Oh wow that sucks. Does your OB only work out of that office?

January 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Super lame! You are good bc someone would have got cussed out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search