Can you keep a secret??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brie289

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Veteran
Have any of you found out the sex of your baby, and kept it from your SO. Or you and your SO found out and told no one else?? How has it worked? Anyone tried and cave?!

My hubby is ADAMANT he does not want to know. And I'm just as stubborn that I DO! He says I can if I don't ruin it for him!!

Please help!!!

January 9th, 2013, 11:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I don't think I could do it.

January 10th, 2013, 01:21 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think i could. But i tell DH everything! He is my best friend. You can find out and try to keep the secret. Im just a crappy secret keeper from DH...but I did manage to not tell him for 5 weeks that i was preg in order to surprise him on his bday with the big news. But that killed me...and I told all of you...plus my mom n dad.

January 10th, 2013, 03:50 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I couldn't do it. But I know some people do this.

January 10th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yay! This is exactly my same situation. We didn't find out with my son, and it was awesome, but I gotta know this time! My husband doesn't want to know, but said it'd be kinda fun if I knew. He said he'd have fun trying to figure it out. I already had a guess of boy from an u/s at 13 1/2 weeks, so we'll see. My big u/s is next Tuesday!! He'll just have to look away while the tech and I exchange codes or something

If you're going to do it, you have to limit who you tell though. Of course I'll tell you guys, but after that it'll just be my parents and my SIL (cuz she's in this DDC--hi, Steph625!). I don't trust my in-laws to keep a secret at all. Good luck!!! Join me in this insanity!!! Hooray!

January 10th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I couldn't do it. But I know some people do this.

this. GL!
January 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret and he's not good with secrets. I'd probably slip up and say 'he' or 'she' when talking about the baby.

January 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
Okay so Karen and Rochelle!!! Lets do this!! I'm not telling ANYONE just on here!!! No one else! It's not fair to hubby I don't think!! I hope I can respect his wishes and not give it away!!

I'm going to stay in at the end alone at the u/s then DH can see our LO and be content!!

When do you find out?? I'm not till Feb 8th

January 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Rochelle
Oh, I won't know until June. LOL
January 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgankaedenmadisonsmommy View Post
I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret and he's not good with secrets. I'd probably slip up and say 'he' or 'she' when talking about the baby.
Got it covered. I'm going to go back and forth and say both so he won't know if I slip up. That was his suggestion with my first pregnancy when HE wanted to know. I made him wait though. It would drive me nuts knowing he knew but I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfourmama View Post
I'm going to stay in at the end alone at the u/s then DH can see our LO and be content!!

When do you find out?? I'm not till Feb 8th
That's a good idea to have him leave at the end. Maybe we'll do that too! I find out on Tuesday! Wheeee!!!!

January 10th, 2013, 12:37 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
We aren't finding out, but if we were ... I couldn't do it. DH is the only person I feel comfortable talking to in detail about anything pregnancy related, so I know I'd never be able to know and not tell him.
January 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran
My cousin did this. He knew with all 3 of their kids and she was surprised. How he kept it secret I have no idea!
Karen78 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search