Where will baby sleep?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree27Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^^ yeah my DH loves bedsharing with the LO too I think he really loved us all in the family bed when M was itty bitty, he got to soak up all those mellow BFing pheromones he is cosleeping with M right now in her room. We definitely have not been sexually inhibited by cosleeping or bedsharing, it just hasn't been an issue, we find ways and times, but every couple is different

We will use an Arm's Reach Cosleeper and bed share until baby outgrows that arrangement, then figure something else out cross that bridge when we come to it!
bribugg13 and MamaSkunk like this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Honestly ladies, thank you for having a discussion without getting angry and really just discussing options. Threads like these can get heated so its nice to see three pages of various opinions without fighting or hurt feelings.

January 10th, 2013, 09:42 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted explain why our family does it...I got alot of grief over it for bedsharing with DD and I was made to feel like it was wrong by others. Each family has things that work for them that may not for another family. Haha i just kinda had to share that it was DH who wanted it at first cuz its cute.

And Shen..thats cute that hes in with M! Sounds like my DH our DD!
Kyla0709 likes this.

January 10th, 2013, 09:48 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you should do whatever works best for your family. I want to say that the baby will be in the bassinet and then go into the crib, but when I get that tiny baby home I may change my mind and want it right there next to me. The only thing that concerns me about the baby being in the bed for us is that the cats sleep on the bed with us usually and one of them is a snuggler (driving me NUTS these days) and I'm afraid of her trying to snuggle with baby if I'm passed out or me not sleeping well when the baby is sleeping because I'm worried about it. I'll just have to wait and see how the pets react to the baby I guess and how I feel about it all once the baby is here!
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Missy...mine are uber snuggly to the annoying point when Im pregnant also. But they were all surprisingly good and protective around DD almost mothering her...even the boy did this from day one even though they had never been around kids! Hope yours are the same...kitties are silly lol

January 10th, 2013, 10:16 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also get a lot of grief for my son still sleeping in our bed half the night. I get told all the time by my mom that I should just tough it out for a few nights and let him cry himself to sleep in his room when he wakes up in the middle of the night...it makes me ill to think of doing that to him.

I've just learned to be flexible. Every family is different and every baby is different. What works for one family doesn't always work for another and the same can be said for kids. My daughter hates sleeping with other people and likes her space. She has since she was 4 months old so bed sharing never was an option with her. My son is super cuddly and sleeps better if he is touching me or DF in some way (even if its just a hand or foot on us). We will just play it by ear with baby and do whatever works best for everyone. The only reason I'm ready to be done bed sharing with DS is he has recently turned into a wild sleeper so he is waking me up in the night flopping around. He used to not do that.

Also, for the record, DF and I have plenty of sex. We find times when Kiefer isn't in bed with us or we find different locations. Keeps things spicy

January 10th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Missy...mine are uber snuggly to the annoying point when Im pregnant also. But they were all surprisingly good and protective around DD almost mothering her...even the boy did this from day one even though they had never been around kids! Hope yours are the same...kitties are silly lol
Good to know! My girl cat has always been a snuggler. But I swear she is worse now! The boy cat stays to himself a lot, but he's not very nice and beats up the dogs, so I'm going to have to watch him around the baby. I just don't want my girl cat to try to love on the baby too much. I guess we will see!
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 10th, 2013, 11:29 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Bed share Nolan still sleeps with us, and I would not change it.. He is crazy sleeper but I love the closeness..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We also are in the vein of keeping our bed our space. Its kinda like, with routinely busy hectic days, I know at the end of them, I get quiet relaxing peace in my bed...and uninterrupted one on one w/ DH. Both DH & I love snuggle time in bed with DS & watching movies & hanging out and all that but come bed time we all seek our own space - DS doesnt even try to stay. He loves his bed! I'm hoping baby#2 is like minded but def keeping an open mind for whatever works best. I'll take sleep however I can get it ;-) But our plan is to have baby sleep in PnP bassinet in our room until about 3 months & then transition to crib in her/his own room. Transition was so easy when we did this with DS - he also was STTN at 4wks. Sooo hoping this baby love sleep too!

January 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBee View Post
Good to know! My girl cat has always been a snuggler. But I swear she is worse now! The boy cat stays to himself a lot, but he's not very nice and beats up the dogs, so I'm going to have to watch him around the baby. I just don't want my girl cat to try to love on the baby too much. I guess we will see!
Haha my boy cat also beats up my german shepherd and my pitbull! And I have pics of DD being 2 days old laying on a blanket and there right behind her but not too close was my antisocial bully boy kitty. And even my girls that were obsessive over my bump(I think they can sense baby) never went near her face..i will try and upload some and post in secret garden.

January 11th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleykathleen View Post

Also, for the record, DF and I have plenty of sex. We find times when Kiefer isn't in bed with us or we find different locations. Keeps things spicy

Same here. When we were ttc this baby, we even DTD on the trampoline and different places outside on our acreage. What's so funny to me is that we ended up conceiving on the bed anyways. (DD2 wasn't in it though..haha). She's been sleeping in her sister's bed for a few months now. Most nights she stays there all night but like last night she climbed into bed with me for the night. The funny thing is this morning she left my bed and got back into bed with sister. I'd love to know what that's about.. haha.
January 11th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DD slept with me in my hospital bed when she was born because she wouldn't stop screaming and she maintained that position beside me in bed until....well she STILL gets into bed with us halfway through the night. Initially she was in bed with me because she breastfed constantly and only stopped crying if she was beside me. it wasn't something we planned but it worked out for us. I'm really going to work hard on getting this baby to sleep in his crib at about 6 months. I think it totally depends on your preferences, and the temperament of your baby. DD was very high needs and I never would have slept if she wasn't in bed with me. This time we are going to purchase a crib and we have a co-sleeper for in the bed for the first 3-6 months

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
January 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Haha my boy cat also beats up my german shepherd and my pitbull! And I have pics of DD being 2 days old laying on a blanket and there right behind her but not too close was my antisocial bully boy kitty. And even my girls that were obsessive over my bump(I think they can sense baby) never went near her face..i will try and upload some and post in secret garden.
That's funny. They have to be able to sense it... Bc my girl at WILL NOT leave me alone! She just sits on my stomach and it drives me nuts. It hurts, so I push her off to be beside me, but that isn't good enough and she's right back on my belly. On the couch or in bed when I'm trying to sleep. I can't get away from her. Haha.
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Super Mommy
My kitty, Seamus, has also been extra snuggly lately. He normally just prowls the house all night but I find him curled up in our bed every time I wake up! I think they do know, somehow. Even my pitbull constantly follows me around all day, to the point of driving me bonkers!
MamaSkunk likes this.
January 11th, 2013, 06:39 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely respect families who bedshare. I think I would personally be a nervous wreck doing so. I toss and turn all night (so does DH) and I would wake up every 5 minutes worrying if I crushed her. I would love to start baby out in her crib so that DH gets enough sleep so he can get up for work, but we'll see how that goes. We'll have a pack n play that we can set up in our room if it's too much for me.

January 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Co-sleep for at east the first year id it works for baby. B still comes in every morning.
January 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
New baby will sleep in his/her room be it in the crib, swing or bouncy chair
No sleeping in our room
to this day our two year old will not sleep in our bed (which is awesome!)
I know with him as well he sometimes took naps in his pack n play which is set up in our living room so that would happen as well for naps
im hoping new baby will be a better night sleeper than our two year old now, he hated STTN

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search