In-laws

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh the in-laws!!! I will try to keep this as short as possible...when DH and 1st started dating and I lived 5 hours away and was only here 3 day a week MIL & I got along great we would even spend time together during the day when DH was at work as he lived with his parents. FIL drink a lot but it is not usually an issue he and I have always been okay. When we told them I was pregnant(we surely did NOT tell them it was planned) they were less than thrilled and told DH that we didn't have to get married because I was pregnant. MIL watched DD while we worked we paid her as we would a regular at home daycare. When DH told MIL we were getting married she didn't acknowledge it at all. Things were strained but ok until DD was about 6-9 months old and DH told MIL she was not going to watch DD anymore(for various reasons including she was using the money to buy weed & sometimes we suspected her of being high) then ALL HELL BROKE loose. We didn't talk for awhile eventually things were civil again. We got married 5/22/10 when DD was 17 months DH was deployed 11/10. MIL weed habit became out of control to the point where she would invite us over for dinner disappear & come back super HIGH so we stopped going over there. SIL is awesome we get along great she moved back from FL before Dh deployed. SIl tried to talk to MIL so she would stop it didn't, got really bad I finally said something then of course I was the bad guy and she was the victim lol! I told MIL I don't care what she does in her own time but on DD's time not cool and doesn't mean smoke 5 min before DD is around. DH got back it got better but I try to have limited contact. There have been many other things that have been crazy but basically MIL needs meds bc she is clinically crazy and has issues you just never know what you are going to get. FIL got crazy while DH was deployed and is no longer cool & just snaps out like MIL. So yeah SIL is cool and all MIl & FIL family is cool but they live many miles away...fun stuff!

January 10th, 2013, 07:57 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
To be kind, I will say I tolerate them... Not so willingly. It is important to me for my kids to have relationships with their grandparents, so I suck it up, but I certainly don't enjoy them. Luckily, they live about 10 hours away. But they're visiting in a few weeks... YIKES!
January 11th, 2013, 12:50 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
It depends, I can stand them but would rather not be around them.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

January 11th, 2013, 01:34 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow crawmommy...yikes!

Mine is probably as weird....When I married DH i had the most awesome MIL...FIL was quiet and didnt say much. MIL and I got along great. She was like the coolest Mom ever...seriously think June Cleaver(from leave it to beaver type mom) crossed with Betty Crocker. But she was spunky...made jokes. Swore very cute and funny ways. She was the best. Then she got Lung Cancer...she was diagnosed in the final stages by DHs cousin who was a Xray tech at the hospital...as Drs just kept saying it was pneumonia or bronchitis...it obviously wasnt. We were in Mn and she was in idaho...then we were told the diagnosis n we made the drive. We arrived 4 hours too late. We didnt see FIL much after that. He remarried to a horrible woman then he one day dropped off a box that included DHs adoption papers in it.Shocker!!! Then he passed also from Lung Cancer and a brain tumor. And no more inlaws.
Fast forward to last year and DH got contacted from a woman who seen his info on an adoption website..she thought she was his birth mother. They got the adoption records opened...as she also has cancer (just ugh for poor DH) but ohhhh she can be difficult.
She made all these plans for family reunions and us traveling out to Washington...without even asking us if we can take the time etc or ask if we can make it. And shes planned this reunion for when I am seriously going to be 38 weeks pregnant and she seriously expected me to travel cross country at 38 weeks. She also is rude and asks if DD and this baby were accidents etc. She frustrates me for many reasons. I get real defensive and protective of my intial MIL...when DH says "my mom" I always say...your birth mom.

January 11th, 2013, 01:34 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just really hate that I went from the most amazing MIL ever to one thats not so much

Last edited by MamaSkunk; January 11th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search